You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of not so promising reports out there about his shoulder. I wonder if we end up redshirting him to redo the surgery. Apparently the first surgery didn't take, and there is concern it could give out on any hit.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Lynch said Foster will be a Will, so Bowman at Mike.

I don't mind this. Foster will be Bowman's heir apparent. Maybe he'll even surpass him, who knows. Or maybe it just gives us the flexibility to move guys around. Like on any given play, Bow could move over to Sam and Foster at Mike, and it might confuse the offense as to what each guy's responsibility is on the play. Who knows.

I was thinking Bow at the Sam too, Malcom Smith is a Will also right?

Forge wrote:
Lots of not so promising reports out there about his shoulder. I wonder if we end up redshirting him to redo the surgery. Apparently the first surgery didn't take, and there is concern it could give out on any hit.

I'm not sure how to take these reports really, his agent and doctor seemed to promote that all is well so they could have just been lying for obvious reasons or these sources for Lombardi/Shefter are just saying that to justify why they didnt pick him. Overall a 2nd surgery isnt the worst thing in the world if he does end up needing one and misses games.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at it like we traded a 2nd and a 4th for a top-10 pick next year. Makes it easier to swallow that he might not play this year.

Also - if he were to take any time off, the reset-button year would be the year to do it.

Glad we got him regardless of how long it takes him to heal.
John232

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Fosters surgery isn't takin. Not sure what that means. If he does need surgery get him in asap.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:
I've been looking at it like we traded a 2nd and a 4th for a top-10 pick next year. Makes it easier to swallow that he might not play this year.

Also - if he were to take any time off, the reset-button year would be the year to do it.

exactly my thoughts. if we can get him next year as a rookie with what should be a better team, I'm all for it.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWhiteNGold wrote:

i wanted sidney jones even though i read he might not play this year. I have the same feeling about foster. If he needs a year to get healthy who cares? That only helps our chances in next year's qb derby, and gives a potential star the following year at a bargain price.

fwiw i rember reading somewhere that lynch asked our own team doctors about the shoulder before making the trade.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backing away from the injury speculation until theres more actual news on the recovery....I thought there was a pretty cool story here with the two guys from our staff that met with Foster in Tuscaloosa. Keena Turner and Rev. Earl Smith our team Chaplain.

In the videos of Foster after his plane land these two are the first to greet him and you can tell there's a clear mutual embrace and excitement that he's a part of this team now.

Rev. Smith also had a big part in signing off on the Rashard Robinson pick after meeting with him at LSU last year so its good to know we've got a potential divine intervention turning this franchise around.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Foster stories have been contradictory, so it's hard to know who to go by. However, I think the stories have been clear that the shoulder CAUSED the fall during the draft, not that there's new information post-draft about his shoulder. From there - the 49ers cleared him and Foster said he felt good to go BEFORE the draft.

So - if our medical team did its due diligence, and Foster is not under-reporting his pain, I think this is a non-story.

However, I agree with everyone else. IF he does need surgery again - do it now. This season is not going anywhere, and having Foster is not going to be either the difference between Super Bowl or not, or even Playoffs or not. However, it very well could be the difference between top 2 pick or not, so shut that guy down.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Lynch asked the team doctor about his shoulder, the doctor responded with what shoulder? Now, sounds all good and dandy, but if it a problem then it is a very bad look. Not because we took him at #31, but the fact the doctor was wrong in his assessment and we were ready to take him at #3. You just don't take someone at #3 with potential shoulder issues. So I'll give the front office and coaching staff the benefit of doubt for now, but................

El ramster on the sig
John232

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
When Lynch asked the team doctor about his shoulder, the doctor responded with what shoulder? Now, sounds all good and dandy, but if it a problem then it is a very bad look. Not because we took him at #31, but the fact the doctor was wrong in his assessment and we were ready to take him at #3. You just don't take someone at #3 with potential shoulder issues. So I'll give the front office and coaching staff the benefit of doubt for now, but................

Yeah, it's a horrible look. If he has to get surgery the team should seriously consider firing the doctor who arrived to the assessment then made that comment.

xsaMainevent on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanny indicated that Foster missing the season would be worst case scenario, but it shouldn't affect him long term. So it does appear to me like the more accurate reports are the ones that are indicating that the surgery didn't take well.

I think we end up putting him on IR for the year. There's absolutely no reason to rush him out there if it's not fully healthy. With health, I'd err on the side of caution.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Affecting him long term is irrelevant here. The doctor made it seem like there was no issue with his shoulder. So if he doesn't need surgery and the shoulder holds up, then GREAT! If not, he has some answering to do......

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Affecting him long term is irrelevant here. The doctor made it seem like there was no issue with his shoulder. So if he doesn't need surgery and the shoulder holds up, then GREAT! If not, he has some answering to do......

If Shanny is already acknowledging that he may miss the season (even in worst case scenario), I do think that the docs did kind of screw the pooch on this one.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still baffling to me how confident the doctor was shouting that LOL. But scary to think we may have taken him at #3. Of course, this is assuming Schefter is right here and he will need additional surgery.

El ramster on the sig
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Shanny indicated that Foster missing the season would be worst case scenario, but it shouldn't affect him long term. So it does appear to me like the more accurate reports are the ones that are indicating that the surgery didn't take well.

I think we end up putting him on IR for the year. There's absolutely no reason to rush him out there if it's not fully healthy. With health, I'd err on the side of caution.

I don't know if you heard the interview or not but he never mentioned missing the entire season or the IR for the entire year. He said he might miss some time but even now and everything that they evaluated before indicates that he is healing nicely and is projected to be ready for the season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: