Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Lynch nailed Day 1 of the draft on paper.

Got 2 of the guys we debated at #2, and still has 2 early 3rds and 2 4ths. Unbelievable.

I immediately regret my hesitation when Lynch was hired. He's got Baalke's skill in acquiring draft picks, and he also knows how to use them.

I don't even care where this goes from here.

I love the subtle trades. He's not moving out of a premium spot, and adds value. Then he trades little value to get ta guy he really wants. Dropped out one, moved up three. Those trades can hardly come back to bite you in the [inappropriate/removed]. There was a reasonable chance the Saints could want to add a defender, especially a top 10 talent, and I don't know if the browns need an inside LB, but I'm sure they could have used him too. Solid job by Lynch.

I like Foster less than most, but I still think he's a very good talent, and I hope he proves my few doubts wrong. He has the speed and the playmaking, and that four-men front we're placing in front of him should give him plenty of space. And now, Bowman doesn't have to do it all by himself, and maybe he's subbed out on certain packages, and his return from injury can be easier on him.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Got 2 of the guys we debated at #2, and still has 2 early 3rds and 2 4ths. Unbelievable.

I immediately regret my hesitation when Lynch was hired. He's got Baalke's skill in acquiring draft picks, and he also knows how to use them.

I love the subtle trades. He's not moving out of a premium spot, and adds value. Then he trades little value to get ta guy he really wants. Dropped out one, moved up three. Those trades can hardly come back to bite you in the [inappropriate/removed]. There was a reasonable chance the Saints could want to add a defender, especially a top 10 talent, and I don't know if the browns need an inside LB, but I'm sure they could have used him too. Solid job by Lynch.

I like Foster less than most, but I still think he's a very good talent, and I hope he proves my few doubts wrong. He has the speed and the playmaking, and that four-men front we're placing in front of him should give him plenty of space. And now, Bowman doesn't have to do it all by himself, and maybe he's subbed out on certain packages, and his return from injury can be easier on him.

Not sure how reliable this is, but according to whomever asked the question in the transcript, Sean Payton said they probably would have taken Foster and Foster himself thought he was going to NO.

Quote:
When did you find out that you had to get above New Orleans to get to Foster?

JL: "[NFL Network reporter] Steve [Wyche], we were just trying everyone. We were going down the line. I think this is something that we can talk about when Reuben's here, but Reuben thought that because we were at 34, we made a trade at the end with Seattle and when I was talking to him, he said, 'Coach, New Orleans is taking me,' and I said, 'No, we're taking you.' It was hard because it happened late in the process and so, he was really excited when he found out that we had pulled off that trade and we were certainly very excited."

New Orleans head coach Sean Payton did say that they were probably taking Reuben Foster if you guys hadn't. Did you have intel that was suggesting that?

JL: "No. No, just when Reuben told us. He calls everyone coach. Calls me coach too."

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/105543-transcript-john-lynch-shanahan-press-conference-following-round/

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Not sure how reliable this is, but according to whomever asked the question in the transcript, Sean Payton said they probably would have taken Foster and Foster himself thought he was going to NO.

Quote:
When did you find out that you had to get above New Orleans to get to Foster?

JL: "[NFL Network reporter] Steve [Wyche], we were just trying everyone. We were going down the line. I think this is something that we can talk about when Reuben's here, but Reuben thought that because we were at 34, we made a trade at the end with Seattle and when I was talking to him, he said, 'Coach, New Orleans is taking me,' and I said, 'No, we're taking you.' It was hard because it happened late in the process and so, he was really excited when he found out that we had pulled off that trade and we were certainly very excited."

New Orleans head coach Sean Payton did say that they were probably taking Reuben Foster if you guys hadn't. Did you have intel that was suggesting that?

JL: "No. No, just when Reuben told us. He calls everyone coach. Calls me coach too."

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/105543-transcript-john-lynch-shanahan-press-conference-following-round/

Love that story! Seems like Foster WANTED to be a 9er. Cool
Aussie9er

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick thought he be way gone by this point.

B+ due to injury concerns but if shoulder is good A+

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie9er wrote:

Some of the teams think that he will require another surgery. I'm slightly concerned that he may not be able to help much this year if he needs another one, but I don't view these as long term concerns at this point.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John Middlekauff‏
@JohnMiddlekauff
People I talk with think Foster's shoulder is not as big of deal as it will be managing his life. What Saban really hangs his hat on

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Aussie9er wrote:

Some of the teams think that he will require another surgery. I'm slightly concerned that he may not be able to help much this year if he needs another one, but I don't view these as long term concerns at this point.

I don't think even with surgery he misses next season, but if he has to, then so be it. And really, I'd like to see him get an operation done if it benefits him in the future. You don't want a situation like Armstead's from last year.

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:
Aussie9er wrote:

I don't think even with surgery he misses next season, but if he has to, then so be it. And really, I'd like to see him get an operation done if it benefits him in the future. You don't want a situation like Armstead's from last year.

Exactly. That's why I still love the pick. I mean, we aren't going anywhere anyway this year, so if he needs it, get it done, even if it means missing the year. So long as there are no major long term concerns, which as I said, I don't have, I'm all peaches.

y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Forge wrote:
Aussie9er wrote:

Exactly. That's why I still love the pick. I mean, we aren't going anywhere anyway this year, so if he needs it, get it done, even if it means missing the year. So long as there are no major long term concerns, which as I said, I don't have, I'm all peaches.

On top of this, by moving up to #31, we pick up the 5th year option anyway. Even if he missed the whole year due to injury, we still control 4 seasons of his playing career.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if you guys knew this but we have another former Alabama Crimson Tide Linebacker on our staff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben Foster hung up on the Saints Laughing Laughing Laughing

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch said Foster will be a Will, so Bowman at Mike.

El ramster on the sig
Forge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Interedting. Are still trying Brooks at Sam?

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Interedting. Are still trying Brooks at Sam?

I also read they have played Lynch some at Sam at minicamp. I think at this point they are just trying different things and seeing what works.

El ramster on the sig
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I don't mind this. Foster will be Bowman's heir apparent. Maybe he'll even surpass him, who knows. Or maybe it just gives us the flexibility to move guys around. Like on any given play, Bow could move over to Sam and Foster at Mike, and it might confuse the offense as to what each guy's responsibility is on the play. Who knows.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: