You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#29 Pick: TE, David Njoku
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be the bad guy again.

Your happy with Njoku, with giving up an addition pick, for a guy who isnt a huge need? He is a another athlete project player who is a overgrown WR. Drafting him basically dismisses Devalve who plays the exact same role of a big body athletic TE. Neither can play in-line so the Browns just drafted a project WR who cant do their entire job of the position.

How is Clive Walford doing? How is this good passing on a talent like Reuben Foster, Chidobe Awuzie, Quincy Wilson, Budda Baker and Kevin King? What will Njoku bring immediatly to this team it doesnt already have at a position thats not a huge need?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go away. For real.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:

Your happy with Njoku, with giving up an addition pick, for a guy who isnt a huge need? He is a another athlete project player who is a overgrown WR. Drafting him basically dismisses Devalve who plays the exact same role of a big body athletic TE. Neither can play in-line so the Browns just drafted a project WR who cant do their entire job of the position.

How is Clive Walford doing? How is this good passing on a talent like Reuben Foster, Chidobe Awuzie, Quincy Wilson, Budda Baker and Kevin King? What will Njoku bring immediatly to this team it doesnt already have at a position thats not a huge need?

There is that word again... CAN'T ..... exactly what leads you to believe that he CAN'T play in-line?

Devalve was a late round project, with very little college productivity. 7 TDs spread over 5 years, didn't Njoku have 8 just last year? Devalve 1300 and change in yards spread over 5 years. Njoku had over 1000 in just 2 years, and his yards nearly doubled from year 1 to year 2, his TDs went from 1 to 8 in year 2. He is also known as a very aggressive, very willing blocker. He is 20 years old, and he is ascending in a very big way. Saying he and Devalve are exactly the same is just silly.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, regarding need, em, hello. Have you seen our skill positions on offense, so far we have a 32 (I think) 1 hit wonder at TE, and unproven rookie at WR, a career mediocre journeyman at WR, and a host of mid to late round draft picks from last year that did not seem to ever "get it" last year.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

There is that word again... CAN'T ..... exactly what leads you to believe that he CAN'T play in-line?

Devalve was a late round project, with very little college productivity. 7 TDs spread over 5 years, didn't Njoku have 8 just last year? Devalve 1300 and change in yards spread over 5 years. Njoku had over 1000 in just 2 years, and his yards nearly doubled from year 1 to year 2, his TDs went from 1 to 8 in year 2. He is also known as a very aggressive, very willing blocker. He is 20 years old, and he is ascending in a very big way. Saying he and Devalve are exactly the same is just silly.

Because its something on his resume and tape that it is notified as bad at. Its on the tape, film and on his resume that he is a receiving only TE. Similar to Evan Engram. Hes a overgrown WR.

I dont think he will be terrible, but Im astounded at how many project atheltes the Browns took with 3 first round picks and not immediate football players that can be good and polished right away.

You could have drafted 3 right away guys like Garrett, Foster and Baker.

Instead we have 2 project atheltes who still need to learn the position with Njoku and Peppers. How did that work out with Gilbert and Mingo? For a team that needs to prove something now, not later for revenue and maintaining a fanbase, I cant believe they drafted 2 project athletes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

Because its something on his resume and tape that it is notified as bad at. Its on the tape, film and on his resume that he is a receiving only TE. Similar to Evan Engram. Hes a overgrown WR.

I dont think he will be terrible, but Im astounded at how many project atheltes the Browns took with 3 first round picks and not immediate football players that can be good and polished right away.

Like Reuben Foster.
Again, 20 years old, 2 years in college, year 2 was light years better than year 1, and all reports that I have seen is that while not polished, he is a very willing and aggressive blocker that will likely evolve into a special 3 down player.... Which I get your point, I mean after all, aren't all football players well beyond their peak after year 2 in college and before their 21st birthday anyway? Am I right? Razz
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

Like Reuben Foster.
Again, 20 years old, 2 years in college, year 2 was light years better than year 1, and all reports that I have seen is that while not polished, he is a very willing and aggressive blocker that will likely evolve into a special 3 down player.... Which I get your point, I mean after all, aren't all football players well beyond their peak after year 2 in college and before their 21st birthday anyway? Am I right? Razz

I get it, he flashes. Its great. But my problem is that the Browns as a organization who is losing their fanbase and struggling with the team in general--need to turn it around NOW. Not in 2 years when David freaking Njoku learns how to become a competent NFL player.

They passes on multiple 'right now' players for projects. Delaying the process once again and are going to try to sell the fansbase once again on 'but dont worry, next year we have 10 picks in the first 2 rounds!!"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

Like Reuben Foster.

I get it, he flashes. Its great. But my problem is that the Browns as a organization who is losing their fanbase and struggling with the team in general--need to turn it around NOW. Not in 2 years when David freaking Njoku learns how to become a competent NFL player.

They passes on multiple 'right now' players for projects. Delaying the process once again and are going to try to sell the fansbase once again on 'but dont worry, next year we have 10 picks in the first 2 rounds!!"

1. This team is not losing its fanbase, not the real ones, the real ones are loyal no matter what.

2. This team simply does not have a roster in place for a 1 year turn around, we are in year 2 of a 5 year project, and I myself love the progress, I think we will be a much improved team this year, and compete for the playoffs next year. I believe we are ahead of schedule and I am excited about it.

3. Drafting out of desperation is exactly why we have sucked for so long. Rather than planning, in every way, to build the right way, its time to start getting players that have a future in the NFL, and a present, and will change our culture from the ground up. It won't happen overnight, expecting it to is foolish.
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

Like Reuben Foster.

1. This team is not losing its fanbase, not the real ones, the real ones are loyal no matter what.

2. This team simply does not have a roster in place for a 1 year turn around, year 2 of a 5 year project, and I myself love the progress, I think we will be a much improved team this year, and compete for the playoffs next year.

3. Drafting out of desperation is exactly why we have sucked for so long. Rather than planning, in every way, to build the right way, its time to start getting players that have a future in the NFL, and a present, and will change our culture from the ground up. It won't happen overnight, expecting it to is foolish.

This team is truly losing its fanbase. I dont know where you have been for the last 2 years and how many 'he has potential if he maybe pans out with good coaching' guys will you accept before 9/10 times--it doesnt work out.

There are die hards who dont care and see the bigger picture, but the majority who pay the Browns bills, want a more of a right now solution. Peppers over Baker/Awuzie and Njoku over Wilson/King prove that the front office once again begs the fanbase to be patient in a draft they were in a position to dominate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

Like Reuben Foster.

2. This team simply does not have a roster in place for a 1 year turn around, year 2 of a 5 year project, and I myself love the progress, I think we will be a much improved team this year, and compete for the playoffs next year.

This team is truly losing its fanbase. I dont know where you have been for the last 2 years and how many 'he has potential if he maybe pans out with good coaching' guys will you accept before 9/10 times--it doesnt work out.

There are die hards who dont care and see the bigger picture, but the majority who pay the Browns bills, want a more of a right now solution. Peppers over Baker/Awuzie and Njoku over Wilson/King prove that the front office once again begs the fanbase to be patient in a draft they were in a position to dominate.

Reality, they sell out every home game, even with sucking, and usually draw decent on the road, again even while sucking.

They have the most active section on any internet football message board. The fan base is strong, they are loyal, that won't be changing.

Next up, we were a 1 win team, that has had exactly 2 decent seasons since the return in 1999. A one year turn around is not going to happen. It is a complete rebuild. The players that we have drafted will be foundational for that rebuild, as will several from last year. The drafts before that, were from various different management teams, that have next to nothing to do with the team we have now.

Haslim is on record that there will be no quick hook for this group, and he realizes its a long term complete rebuild.

They all expect it to be shorter than 5 years, I am confident that they are going to make that happen. As stated, I expect this year to be improved, with a losing record.

I expect them to get their QB next year if one does not emerge this year, as well as them also further fortifying the roster.

Patience is a virtue. When literally the entire roster needs to be rebuilt, with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 players, this approach is brilliant. As Brown said in the presser, we viewed it as a 2 for 1 deal. We got a very good player this year, and we will get a very good player next year from the trade down.

When the roster is devoid of talent, those are the type of moves that hasten the rebuild.
DizzyDean

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That said, I feel your pain, we have watched this team Julio Jones itself time and time again, that anytime we see trades, it feels natural to jump off of a ledge. This feels different though, these players that they are drafting seem legit, and they pass the in depth eye test.

I think the team is in good hands.
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DizzyDean wrote:
That said, I feel your pain, we have watched this team Julio Jones itself time and time again, that anytime we see trades, it feels natural to jump off of a ledge. This feels different though, these players that they are drafting seem legit, and they pass the in depth eye test.

I think the team is in good hands.

Great posts. And I agree. I LOVE grabbing Njoku and am in the minority thinking that he'll be better than Howard. In fact, one could argue that Howard is mostly all projection; if Howard was a lifetime top 10 blocking tight end who was a 600/5 guy, yeah, that's crap in my eyes for his draft position. He didn't produce in college and has a nice little created narrative as to why. I like Howard, but Njoku freaking JUMPS OUT when I watch him play. This guy is gonna be a beast IMO. And come on, right? He can totally block. He is power and is growing.

Peppers is the big question mark, of course, but I trust Williams with him. Peppers on paper should be an absolute stud. And that 2018 1st from a middling team with QB questions...

ditchdigger wrote:
DGB thinks people ought to pay for photobucket, but Based Gordon wants it to be free.

Thomas5737 wrote:
I only come here to sit under the quote trees and read.
brownie man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:
DizzyDean wrote:
AkronsWitness wrote:

Like Reuben Foster.

So Tony Gross's you finally joined FF we've been waiting on you to bring your opinions to our forum!

I think your crazy lol we suck we ain't doing nothing next year it's all about progression and winning superbowls. Nobody think we will win next year. Next year isn't our year that it clicks that's probably 2018 after we draft our next absolute haul of players.

Browns ain't losing fan base at all you must not live in Cleveland it's nuts phone lines have been jammed the entire offseason.

Lmao Njocku is a better prospect than both those players younger more productive and high upside.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hues finally got someone to throw TE screens to. I'll never understand why he attempted that with Gary.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His highlights look good, he runs a bit like Gronk and i like the Jordan Reed comp.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: