Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#28 Pick - Taco Charlton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 months ago if you would have told me NFL teams would see 100+ better players than Desmond King, I'd have called you and idiot and laughed in your face...so with that, anything even remotely negative I said about Taco pick, I take it all back. I know nothing about football and nothing about player evaluation.

The End.
WH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the BOYS knew RG was going to fail another drug test ending his career. Hence this pick was necessary.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
6 months ago if you would have told me NFL teams would see 100+ better players than Desmond King, I'd have called you and idiot and laughed in your face...so with that, anything even remotely negative I said about Taco pick, I take it all back. I know nothing about football and nothing about player evaluation.

The End.
WH

I fondly remember when you insisted that he was better than anyone in the Gators secondary.

Two years later. I've had two saftey and 3 CBS go in the first two rounds of two drafts.

Say it loud, say it proud: GO GATORS!!! Cool

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
muncy54

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taco's last two games in College against FSU and OSU 14 tackles 5 for loss and 3.5 sacks... You never know when the light comes on for a player so here is to hoping it happened for Taco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think taco is going to excel on the inside
the lone star

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted Tak, but I'll take Taco.

Really want an upgrade at SLB, but the team doesn't really play that position too often tbh. Maybe that's part of the problem though. A good SAM Blitzer can do wonders for a defense.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos highlight reel at Michigan didn't impress me at all. He seems to be slow off the snap of the ball and I saw no speed what so ever.
It seems like he is more interested in containment, holding his grown and running down the line of scrimmage .
He looks more like a out of place DT. Maybe he needs to put on weight and move inside and we take a real SPEED pass rusher next year.
Taco, David Irvin and Malik Collins would be hard to stop coming up the middle.
We need Jaylon Smith to buy us one year of time so we can draft a SPEED pass rusher next draft.
The jersey number 94 is now available, ( Randy Gregory gone ) so we need the next Charles Haley or DeMarcus Ware.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything thing I have read on him says solid contributor as the low point and potential All-Pro as a reward. Great pick for the end of round 1 and same can be said for every round after that. I know we needed secondary help in a bad way but the year we picked up Jones we needed DE-line more than anything and passed on people who could contribute to take a safety. The pass rush is ok but needs more to help the secondary out and this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks to Uncle Buck on the sig
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluestar21 wrote:
Tacos highlight reel at Michigan didn't impress me at all. He seems to be slow off the snap of the ball and I saw no speed what so ever.
It seems like he is more interested in containment, holding his grown and running down the line of scrimmage

As someone who did NOT like this player when evaluating him, you have to remember that much of what you describe here is a matter of specific play technique. Players may be coached to do that.

When I evaluated a game, I saw a whole lot of not much. I have since seen tape of him that shows that he does have some traits to be a successful edge rusher - short area quickness, lateral agility, ability to bend (body angle around corner), strength to use one arm to hold off the tackle, and a nice spin move. I think I just got him on bad day.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on Taco is that he is the best we could get considering where we were drafting. If he had more burst or explosion at his size he wouldn't have made it out of the top 10. So considering he's probably the best we could get at a position of serious need I understand the pick. Maybe he can be come an 8-10 sack guy working for Rod. It's not an exciting pick, but it's solid. He'll have a lot of position flex so his bust factor is pretty low and I like that.
cromagnum

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
Bluestar21 wrote:
It seems like he is more interested in containment, holding his grown and running down the line of scrimmage

As someone who did NOT like this player when evaluating him, you have to remember that much of what you describe here is a matter of specific play technique. Players may be coached to do that.

When I evaluated a game, I saw a whole lot of not much. I have since seen tape of him that shows that he does have some traits to be a successful edge rusher - short area quickness, lateral agility, ability to bend (body angle around corner), strength to use one arm to hold off the tackle, and a nice spin move. I think I just got him on bad day.

Taco was also playing with a high ankle sprain for a lot of the season. When watching tape of him he does have the bend and initial quickness to get around the edge. 40 time does not really concern me as long as he gets off the ball fast. The fact that Taco had his best games against Ohio state and Florida State
at the end of the season is also encouraging. I wanted Takk and i think the Cowboys did as well. Time will tell who will be the better player but in Rod i trust.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod squeezes talent out of DL like he's making fresh lemonade. The word 'flashes' is used a lot with Taco. As well as 'consistency.'

I think we can all agree that he does flash the talent to be a pro bowl DE. Even if we don't agree that he is a good prospect because he is... well, vanilla in some areas.

I think Rod will turn his flashes into his consistent effort, and I also think that quick throw, spread out, timing based, college offenses didn't cater to his skill set as well as attacking a much tighter NFL pocket will.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
Jlash

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:

Taco was also playing with a high ankle sprain for a lot of the season. When watching tape of him he does have the bend and initial quickness to get around the edge. 40 time does not really concern me as long as he gets off the ball fast. The fact that Taco had his best games against Ohio state and Florida State
at the end of the season is also encouraging. I wanted Takk and i think the Cowboys did as well. Time will tell who will be the better player but in Rod i trust.

Yep.

I've been saying for a while, his body style and production is very similar to Chandler Jones. He might take a season to figure it out but when he does he's going to be very good against the run and pass for you guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
cromagnum wrote:

Yep.

I've been saying for a while, his body style and production is very similar to Chandler Jones. He might take a season to figure it out but when he does he's going to be very good against the run and pass for you guys.

I don't think you can argue with 10 sacks against Mich's schedule and performing well at the end of the season...I think he is a player on the rise, and I don't drink the koolaid #DCRA
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the hate for the pick. We 100% needed a DE and there were only really two options at our pick, and the other guy was a 3-4 DE who Marinelli already said didn't fit what we were doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: