Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#25 Pick: Jabril Peppers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as peppers covers better than ward ill be happy

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:

Ward was not that bad in coverage

I think people are forgetting how good TJ was. I doubt Peppers will be as good, but I think he's a different type of player.

But yeah Superbowl TJ was a boss worse decision not named Johnny Maziel Ray Farmer ever made
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of my favorite players in the draft.....easily the most versatile player in the draft this year playing WR, WCQB, RB, Slot CB, FS, SS, $.05 LB, PR, KR and OLB.....
This is the type of Football player that we needed....and getting Peppers and a 2018 1rst for #12 was as amazing as getting the 2nd best QB prospect (on MANY draft boards) in the 2nd round....and getting a 1rst/2nd round UT in round 6.....

You give Greg Williams, the Best Player in the draft, the most versatile defender and the 2nd best DT in the draft....to go along with what we return...I'm interested...
I'm getting a little steamed up....

The only thing I had a problem with in our draft..is we should have spent that late 7th rounder on FS Lorenzo Jerome....that would have made it A flawless victory IMO...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
This is one of my favorite players in the draft.....easily the most versatile player in the draft this year playing WR, WCQB, RB, Slot CB, FS, SS, $.05 LB, PR, KR and OLB.....
This is the type of Football player that we needed....and getting Peppers and a 2018 1rst for #12 was as amazing as getting the 2nd best QB prospect (on MANY draft boards) in the 2nd round....and getting a 1rst/2nd round UT in round 6.....

You give Greg Williams, the Best Player in the draft, the most versatile defender and the 2nd best DT in the draft....to go along with what we return...I'm interested...
I'm getting a little steamed up....

The only thing I had a problem with in our draft..is we should have spent that late 7th rounder on FS Lorenzo Jerome....that would have made it A flawless victory IMO...

I don't think he fit their athletic profile, unfortunately.

If it lessens the blow, we got Kai Nacua as a UDFA. Could be the next Tashaun Gipson.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

Ward was not that bad in coverage

I think people are forgetting how good TJ was. I doubt Peppers will be as good, but I think he's a different type of player.

But yeah Superbowl TJ was a boss worse decision not named Johnny Maziel Ray Farmer ever made

early on in his career, he was pretty bad. His coverage was once you catch it Im gonna try and hit you as hard as possible to make you drop it. After about 3 years he finally started to develop his coverage ability. leading to him being a boss in '13.

If Peppers cant be as good as Ward, then that might be a bad pick then...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4HK4HXEi0

I finally got around to watching this video. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

I finally got around to watching this video. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Just hope the Browns use him better than that.

Seems like Michigan was using him as a glorified force player. I sure hope they dont because of the talent the Browns have at LB with Kirksey and Collins.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Just hope the Browns use him better than that.

Seems like Michigan was using him as a glorified force player. I sure hope they dont because of the talent the Browns have at LB with Kirksey and Collins.

Linebacker speed is not an issue in Cleveland like it was up north.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

That was a good one, but this is pretty good in it's own right. Impossible to root against this kid, and I've hated him for the past 2 years.

Jabrill Peppers, NFL Draft Day | DRAFT DIARIES
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

That was a good one, but this is pretty good in it's own right. Impossible to root against this kid, and I've hated him for the past 2 years.

Great stuff. Thanks for the link ditch.

Draft diaries thing on Jabrill is really good. Clicked the link and it led me to apparently 4 other draft diary episodes with Jabrill

link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jabrill+peppers+draft+diaries

Don't care if he actually did burn a plant that grows on earth for enjoyment.

Just hope he doesn't do so anymore based on his job responsibilities. Whether he did or he didn't he has been through a lot of adversity, has tremendous athleticism and football focus, and I am going to be rooting for him.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:

Great stuff. Thanks for the link ditch.

Draft diaries thing on Jabrill is really good. Clicked the link and it led me to apparently 4 other draft diary episodes with Jabrill

link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jabrill+peppers+draft+diaries

Don't care if he actually did burn a plant that grows on earth for enjoyment.

Just hope he doesn't do so anymore based on his job responsibilities. Whether he did or he didn't he has been through a lot of adversity, has tremendous athleticism and football focus, and I am going to be rooting for him.

I don't buy the drug speculation for one damned second. That is not a kid looking to take the edge off. That is a kid looking to sharpen the edge so that he can honor his mother and his Father (the one upstairs).

I have a hard time not wishing bad things to that chick who started all this nonsense. Some people on this earth just love to see the destruction of good men.

And a pox on every media member who asked him about it on their first time interviewing him. Those morons are too dense to understand that Stage 1 of the NFL Substance Abuse Program drug tests him enough to answer any questions about the subject.

Damned succubi tryna destroy his career before he even gets on the practice field.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd make Jabrill a freelance at strong safety. Have a very disciplined free safety next to him though. I'd strongly consider a vet or a guy who just knows his role. Let Jabrill be a playmaker. Not saying Jabrill is like Troy P, but it's how I'd use him.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
NudeTayne

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I'd make Jabrill a freelance at strong safety. Have a very disciplined free safety next to him though. I'd strongly consider a vet or a guy who just knows his role. Let Jabrill be a playmaker. Not saying Jabrill is like Troy P, but it's how I'd use him.

Though this has become a familiar trope with Jabrill, I hope he ends up being much like Polamalu. Even more so, I can see realistically that the Steelers were set to take Peppers, then set to take Njoku, and then set to take Kizer. I'd like to think they ended up with some plan B's & C's in the draft. Also, as I'm not especially enamored with Josh Dobbs (y'all heard me rant Dizzy-style about him), I'd love to see Kizer turn into a star and Dobbs to fizzle out with the Steelers after a few lost "will he or won't he be the long-term starter" seasons, plunging PIT into a bottom-dwelling dark age post-Roethlisberger.
call him throbin hood, our defense throbin hood and his hairy men

DizzyDean wrote:
buno67 wrote:
sigh...swing and a miss yet again
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
completely agree, Browns have the potential and a solid young core secondary in Ward, Haden, and Gipson. They should of kept that trio together.

Just another feather in the Farmer hate The was the 2nd worse move he ever made. 1st was drafting Manziel, 2nd was letting Ward walk, and 3rd was drafting Gilbert. If we needed a 4th it be drafting Erving.

I'd put Dewayne Bowe signing ahead of the drafting of Gilbert (who was the consensus top CB coming out that year + a 1rst round pick) and Erving was at least rated a 1rst round Olineman that was supposed to have 5 position versatility a la Eric Stenibach)....one was a pick that did not work out, the other is a pick that looks like its not working out.....but I still defend the logic behind the move......

Drafting Manziel, Signing Bowe and swapping TJ Ward for Whitner, were all bad....I do agree with that...

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
buno67 wrote:
completely agree, Browns have the potential and a solid young core secondary in Ward, Haden, and Gipson. They should of kept that trio together.

Just another feather in the Farmer hate The was the 2nd worse move he ever made. 1st was drafting Manziel, 2nd was letting Ward walk, and 3rd was drafting Gilbert. If we needed a 4th it be drafting Erving.

I'd put Dewayne Bowe signing ahead of the drafting of Gilbert (who was the consensus top CB coming out that year + a 1rst round pick) and Erving was at least rated a 1rst round Olineman that was supposed to have 5 position versatility a la Eric Stenibach)....one was a pick that did not work out, the other is a pick that looks like its not working out.....but I still defend the logic behind the move......

Drafting Manziel, Signing Bowe and swapping TJ Ward for Whitner, were all bad....I do agree with that...

We signed Bowe to a 1 year deal. The worst case scenario with him happened, but wasn't that bad. Wasting a top 15 pick on a guy that they never even spoke too and is a huge bust is SOOOO much worse.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: