You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #24- Gareon Conley (CB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?

Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.
Why would that even be a gameplan?

They could sign him with conditions regarding the case.
Yeah but that's not what you said in your post.

Management knows more about this than we do. I wish I was a party to this information. Didn't they say 4-6 weeks. That would be 42 days. I just ran a total........ it's 88 days. There has to be other issues.

His lawyer actually said 6-8 weeks from May 1. So it's still way past that point (12 and a half weeks). Nothing to do but wait.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?

Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.

Management knows more about this than we do. I wish I was a party to this information. Didn't they say 4-6 weeks. That would be 42 days. I just ran a total........ it's 88 days. There has to be other issues.

His lawyer actually said 6-8 weeks from May 1. So it's still way past that point (12 and a half weeks). Nothing to do but wait.

All we can do is wait but the fact charges have not been put forth yet. It looks a little better but still worrisome with that small possibility that our first round gamble could blow up in our faces.
I hope this is cleared up soon and we can see our new investments in the secondary. Can't stand watching reggie nelson's snail pace and Sean Smith getting destroyed although he got a little better later. We got rid of hayden the PI machine which gives the green light for Conley to start hopefully. Obi and Conley will be welcome additions.
BABYLON 5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people got to understand just because the lawyer said 8 to 6 weeks doesn't mean he's really knows exactly the time period of this cases.A lot of factors could be holding this up.The city of Cleveland have more cases to solve then Gareon Conley. Honestly this could take up 6 months just to clear his name (I hope not) sometimes the justice system can move at a slow pace believe me I know firsthand.

Sig by BenderRodriguez
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anunnaki wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

All we can do is wait but the fact charges have not been put forth yet. It looks a little better but still worrisome with that small possibility that our first round gamble could blow up in our faces.
I hope this is cleared up soon and we can see our new investments in the secondary. Can't stand watching reggie nelson's snail pace and Sean Smith getting destroyed although he got a little better later. We got rid of hayden the PI machine which gives the green light for Conley to start hopefully. Obi and Conley will be welcome additions.

GC passed a polygraph test. That alone tells me that he is not lying about the situation and he will not be charged. I know that polygraphs are not 100 percent accurate but I'll take 90 percent odds all day long. It's a shakedown...

Props to Uncle Buck for the pimpin sig
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:
What people got to understand just because the lawyer said 8 to 6 weeks doesn't mean he's really knows exactly the time period of this cases.A lot of factors could be holding this up.The city of Cleveland have more cases to solve then Gareon Conley. Honestly this could take up 6 months just to clear his name (I hope not) sometimes the justice system can move at a slow pace believe me I know firsthand.

We know. It was an estimate. The estimate was wrong. The wait continues...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Anunnaki wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

GC passed a polygraph test. That alone tells me that he is not lying about the situation and he will not be charged. I know that polygraphs are not 100 percent accurate but I'll take 90 percent odds all day long. It's a shakedown...

Yup, I believe it's a money play as well. And the girl involved may not be the only one looking to get paid. The witnesses are important too and they can show up for court and say anything or take a vacation. I'm surprised by nothing these days. It could be a real cluster **** for all we know. All we can do is wait.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Raiders & 1st round pick CB Gareon Conley are making good progress on his contract, source said. Should be soon.
10:26 AM - 28 Jul 2017

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/890986819046789120

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Frankie2Gunz wrote:
Anunnaki wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:

Yup, I believe it's a money play as well. And the girl involved may not be the only one looking to get paid. The witnesses are important too and they can show up for court and say anything or take a vacation. I'm surprised by nothing these days. It could be a real cluster **** for all we know. All we can do is wait.

I just feel bad for Conley he might have to give this golddigger some money.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
More
The #Raiders and first-round CB Gareon Conley are finalizing the the terms of his deal, source said. Itíll be done shortly.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago
More
The #Raiders and first-round CB Gareon Conley are finalizing the the terms of his deal, source said. Itíll be done shortly.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

And now it's done.

Ian Rapoport added,
Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
3:50 PM - 28 Jul 2017

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/891068361794301952

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fox8.com/2017/07/28/i-team-sex-assault-case-with-football-star-wrapping-up/

This Fox new source has the case going to the grand jury very soon.

This could be a good think or a bad think.

The prosecutor normally ask for this if they aren't sure their evidence is enough or they are complying someone to testify. Not sure if the defense requested a preliminary hearing and was denied by the judge or if they did at all.

If it does go to a grand jury than the state can present their evidence to the people without Conley lawyer there to refute it.

Here is a description I pulled off the web for those that aren't familiar. Keep in mind each state may have different procedures. This is just meant for general education.

Quote:
The grand jury plays an important role in the criminal process, but not one that involves a finding of guilt or punishment of a party. Instead, a prosecutor will work with a grand jury to decide whether to bring criminal charges or an indictment against a potential defendant -- usually reserved for serious felonies. Grand jury members may be called for jury duty for months at a time, but need only appear in court for a few days out of every month. Regular court trial juries are usually 6 or 12 people, but in the federal system, a grand jury can be 16 to 23 people.

How Does a Grand Jury Differ from a Preliminary Hearing?

While all states have provisions in their laws that allow for grand juries, roughly half of the states don't use them. Courts often use preliminary hearings prior to criminal trials, instead of grand juries, which are adversarial in nature. As with grand juries, preliminary hearings are meant to determine whether there is enough evidence, or probable cause, to indict a criminal suspect.

Unlike a grand jury, a preliminary hearing is usually open to the public and involves lawyers and a judge (not so with grand juries, other than the prosecutor). Sometimes, a preliminary hearing proceeds a grand jury. One of the biggest differences between the two is the requirement that a defendant request a preliminary hearing, although the court may decline a request.

Grand Jury Proceedings

Grand jury proceedings are much more relaxed than normal court room proceedings. There is no judge present and frequently there are no lawyers except for the prosecutor. The prosecutor will explain the law to the jury and work with them to gather evidence and hear testimony. Under normal courtroom rules of evidence, exhibits and other testimony must adhere to strict rules before admission. However, a grand jury has broad power to see and hear almost anything they would like.

However, unlike the vast majority of trials, grand jury proceedings are kept in strict confidence. This serves two purposes:

It encourages witnesses to speak freely and without fear of retaliation.
It protects the potential defendant's reputation in case the jury does not decide to indict.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Conley will wear #22 which was worn by the now released T. Jones previously.

Eddie Paskal‏Verified account @EddiePaskal

New Number Alert - Gareon Conley is now rocking No. 22.

#Raiders
11:03 AM - 30 Jul 2017

https://twitter.com/EddiePaskal/status/891720838193348608

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Looks like Conley will wear #22 which was worn by the now released T. Jones previously.

Eddie Paskal‏Verified account @EddiePaskal

New Number Alert - Gareon Conley is now rocking No. 22.

#Raiders
11:03 AM - 30 Jul 2017

https://twitter.com/EddiePaskal/status/891720838193348608

Old Mike Haynes number I hope he live up to it ..... GO RAIDERS

Sig by BenderRodriguez
BayRaider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conleys case going to grand jury. Welp..
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Conleys case going to grand jury. Welp..

Personally this tells me he's innocent

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: