You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #24- Gareon Conley (CB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Frankie2Gunz


Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 1383
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Boys.... it is what it is.... this isn't a new thing, it's a reoccurring problem in our society.

Is it the [inappropriate/removed] athlete with an ego that can't take "no" for an answer?

Is it the scorned woman looking to make a quick buck or get revenge by making a public accusation?

We all know an accusation in and of itself can destroy someone's reputation and that isn't explicit to Conley. Even if he were totally cleared, this will effect his image for a long time.

The witnesses don't really mean anything either imo - they're all his entourage so of course they're going to support his innocence.

If I had to guess I'd say our decision to draft him was hardly based on witness testimony or facts - because there are very little (if any) tangible facts. It's all verbatim and he-said-she-said.

IMO our decision to draft him was probably based on a few things:

1. His track record is flawless - this is a total outlier for him not a theme.

2. Interviews with him - we probably believed in him as a person and his innocence.

3. The liklihood of criminal repercussions against him are slim. The fact that at least some of it was consensual makes it difficult to prove that anything subsequent was not consensual.
He's innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on her to prove he's guilty, not on him to prove his innocence. With lack of hard evidence to prove his guilt, the assumption is he's innocent. Hard evidence in this case is going to be difficult if even possible to obtain on her end.

We probably made a business decision that his talent and character were enough to take on his baggage. But that's just my opinion.


You nailed it and this is exactly why he was drafted by the Raiders. The burden of proof is on her to her to prove that he is guilty. She stands a very slim chance of proving this in a court of law.

GC's track record is flawless, interviewed well and was the consummate teammate at OSU. I am not saying that he is innocent or guilty but the odds of these charges sticking are very small and the Raiders knew this.
_________________



Props to Uncle Buck for the pimpin sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S&B Bleeder


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 2031
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody heard any further word on Conley's involvement with the POLICE? It's been over 6 weeks. Or is no news good news?
_________________
Excuse me, and I apologize in advance............but are you nuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Has anybody heard any further word on Conley's involvement with the POLICE? It's been over 6 weeks. Or is no news good news?


It's actually been 7 weeks since May 1st(lawyer said 6-8weeks til news) and when there is news it well be everywhere. You won't be able to miss it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Has anybody heard any further word on Conley's involvement with the POLICE? It's been over 6 weeks. Or is no news good news?


It's actually been 7 weeks since May 1st(lawyer said 6-8weeks til news) and when there is news it well be everywhere. You won't be able to miss it.


What are the chances he's on the field week 1?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Has anybody heard any further word on Conley's involvement with the POLICE? It's been over 6 weeks. Or is no news good news?


It's actually been 7 weeks since May 1st(lawyer said 6-8weeks til news) and when there is news it well be everywhere. You won't be able to miss it.


What are the chances he's on the field week 1?


Right now they are very good as nothing is preventing it. As soon as we know if the state is going to file charges or not then there will be another variable to look at when determining odds.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus there is a video showing the girl already lied about how she met Conley.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Has anybody heard any further word on Conley's involvement with the POLICE? It's been over 6 weeks. Or is no news good news?


It's actually been 7 weeks since May 1st(lawyer said 6-8weeks til news) and when there is news it well be everywhere. You won't be able to miss it.


What are the chances he's on the field week 1?


Right now they are very good as nothing is preventing it. As soon as we know if the state is going to file charges or not then there will be another variable to look at when determining odds.


Thanks for the info my friend
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nuke


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2609
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on how he's performed so far, and has there been any news on his case?
_________________
Nuke's Thread Archive
Damn the Falcons for stealing my 2014 mancrushes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S&B Bleeder


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 2031
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?
_________________
Excuse me, and I apologize in advance............but are you nuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5255
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?


Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?


Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.
Why would that even be a gameplan?
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 26898
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie and agent is probably fighting over stipulations in case he does get charged and miss time. Im sure reggige wants something in contract to protect raiders just in case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 5255
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?


Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.
Why would that even be a gameplan?


They could sign him with conditions regarding the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?


Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.
Why would that even be a gameplan?


They could sign him with conditions regarding the case.
Yeah but that's not what you said in your post.
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S&B Bleeder


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 2031
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
Soooooooooo.......camp starts tomorrow and he's not signed. Isn't this a problem?


Yeah that's definitely not good any way you wanna spin it. I wouldn't put to much worry into right now but if Reggies gameplan is not to sign him until he's cleared he could miss a portion of the season and miss Training Camp and Pre Season.
Why would that even be a gameplan?


They could sign him with conditions regarding the case.
Yeah but that's not what you said in your post.

Management knows more about this than we do. I wish I was a party to this information. Didn't they say 4-6 weeks. That would be 42 days. I just ran a total........ it's 88 days. There has to be other issues.
_________________
Excuse me, and I apologize in advance............but are you nuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group