Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick #24- Gareon Conley (CB)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Kinda feel like Conley played us now by not saying consensual sex happened until after the draft to make sure he got drafted. I still think he won't be charged but i'd be lying if I wasn't slightly nervous. I would hate if Reggie looks like the biggest idiot of all time among the media.

I think he did tell us. I think he told us the whole story. The same that the witnesses have attested to. You think he would lie to the team knowing a different story was about to come out. He has to come into the HQ and to workouts and look those people in the eye.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this just got bad. His lawyer was using weasel words and now he looks like he lied, at the very least, to the media.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie when he was going over the "miles and miles of research"

oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you think there's a problem here.

Quote:
NFL Draft Diamonds‏ @DraftDiamonds 5h5 hours ago
More

Gareon did not have intercourse with her per 3 witnesses statements. However three witnesses did say she willingly gave him oral

That was already reported last week, before the draft (in the link i posted).

The Raiders knew it.

Quote:
Yes, I did receive feedback. 18 NFL teams contacted me. I spoke to the Raiders four times. They showed the most interest. They wanted to know what I was getting out of the deal. I was not getting anything. I supplied them with the police report. They did their own investigation

http://cover32.com/2017/04/28/cover32-raiders-exclusive-interview-gareon-conley-rape-allegation/

And now Conley's lawyer is just reiterating what the witnesses already said.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is crazy how some media are taking 2 tweets and running with it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-raiders-pick-gareon-conley-now-says-accuser-consensual-sex-223954315.html

The witnesses already said last week she gave him a BJ. There's nothing new about what the lawyer told Rapoport.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/857302087163662340/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fosu%2F2017%2F04%2Fgareon_conleys_agent_releases.html

Conley's statement doesn't contradict what his lawyer said yesterday.

EDIT: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000805556/article/gareon-conley-meets-with-police-investigating-rape-accusation

So he says the "sexual episode" wasn't previously known. Yes it was, see the link to nfldraftdiamonds.
And then the video "not previously seen".

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/26/gareon-conley-video-rape-accuser-bar/

It's from last week, before the draft FFS.

Last edited by oakdb36 on Tue May 02, 2017 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
As others have pointed out, you keep focusing solely on Conleys weaknesses like you have a vendetta against him.

Nobody else is. Further, did I make up his weaknesses? I'm just pointing them out - which apparently means I have a vendetta against him. Just because I'm not pouring into the echo chamber about Conley being a great prospect doesn't mean I hate him.

BayRaider wrote:
I'll take Conleys positives with his weaknesses all day. His weaknesses are all coachable. His ability to cover and trail WRs is bar none the best in this class and he has the ideal height and speed to fit our system.

Just because weaknesses are coachable doesn't mean they'll all be coached out. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "trail WRs". Do you mean trail technique? Do you mean pure man coverage? If you mean the latter I'd disagree. I don't think he was better at pure man coverage than Lattimore and maybe a couple other guys.

Rich7sena I think you did a pretty good job there with the weaknesses in his game. In all fairness we should look at the pro's and the con's of the player if we want to have an honest assessment.

I never expected Conley to be available and have been away for over a week and missed all the accusations..........was a big surprise he was there when we picked when I played back the draft Monday.

As others have said though, I think all or nearly all his negatives are fixable with a specific training programme aimed at what we will want him to do and some good press technique coaching - now whether he has the dedication and work ethic to actually fix them is another thing. The main thing for me is do you think he will be able to correct these issues and if he does, how good do you think he can become?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
Reggie when he was going over the "miles and miles of research"

Don't be as bad as the media who interprets "consensual sexual event" as "consensual intercourse"

And that's not a picture of Reggie, so the joke doesn't work

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
This is crazy how some media are taking 2 tweets and running with it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lawyer-raiders-pick-gareon-conley-now-says-accuser-consensual-sex-223954315.html

The witnesses already said last week she gave him a BJ. There's nothing new about what the lawyer told Rapoport.

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/857302087163662340/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fosu%2F2017%2F04%2Fgareon_conleys_agent_releases.html

Conley's statement doesn't contradict what his lawyer said yesterday.

EDIT: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000805556/article/gareon-conley-meets-with-police-investigating-rape-accusation

So he says the "sexual episode" wasn't previously known. Yes it was, see the link to nfldraftdiamonds.
And then the video "not previously seen".

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/26/gareon-conley-video-rape-accuser-bar/

It's from last week, before the draft FFS.
Exactly. This is mostly PFT doing this. That is the story how I understood it even before the draft so how does a major reporting network not know, lol. It was pretty clear what the lawyer was talking about also when he used the word "event" rather than all the other words that most people use to describe something else.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Ok this just got bad. His lawyer was using weasel words and now he looks like he lied, at the very least, to the media.
Luckily for Conley the Police wont care about the media's interpretation of the truth.

The people who are affected directly are the fans and audience of said media who just except the media's interpretation as fact rather than just another opinion.
Totty

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Kinda feel like Conley played us now by not saying consensual sex happened until after the draft to make sure he got drafted. I still think he won't be charged but i'd be lying if I wasn't slightly nervous. I would hate if Reggie looks like the biggest idiot of all time among the media.

I don't think that he ever meant there was consensual "sex"

I believe he was referring to the oral act as being consensual.

Intercourse, I don't believe from what I have read, ever happened.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

this will be blown over in 2 months, woman just mad bc conley said she is trash after oral sex

i think raiders would wait until he's clear from rape allegation first before he signed a contract right around training camp begin
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
Totty wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

this will be blown over in 2 months, woman just mad bc conley said she is trash after oral sex

That's it, this is all revenge for a girl who got embarrassed
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
Totty wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

2 months is 2 long the sooner the better obviously. Appears to be a women pissed/embarrassed but who knows

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
VY

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

I think he did tell us. I think he told us the whole story. The same that the witnesses have attested to. You think he would lie to the team knowing a different story was about to come out. He has to come into the HQ and to workouts and look those people in the eye.

Conley's problem is they attested this to some random guy that runs a draft website. in the police report, their accounts - verbatim - say "Conley never touched her" and "Witness 2 said he was sitting in the chiar by the window the whole time Conley and ______ were in the room. Witness 2 said Conley and ______ were laying on the bed together, but nothing happened."

Just because that Draft Diamonds dude got a different story from the witnesses doesn't really change how this case will go. If anything it will just make it worse as they've changed their story. If Conley is relying on witness statements gathered at the scene by police, those are now pretty much worthless. This could still go many different ways, but it's not a good look for GC right now. Maybe his friends were just worried that any consensual act would be construed as a crime. But if it really was consensual they should've just went with the truth, because clearly at this point they're liars. And if this gets to court, their statements will get shredded.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes witness 2 never got into the bathroom so nothing happened.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: