Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants select Evan Engram with 23rd Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ecstatic with Jordan Reed, but apparently Engram blocks too. Maybe he'll fit into a more Vernon Davis type role
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
How was Reed a better prospect than Engram? He went in the 3rd round!

Don't get me wrong I would love it if Engram was Reed 2.0. Even if he doesn't run routes that are as crisp his superior speed can compensate in certain ways.

Who said Reed was a better prospect than Engram? Rolling Eyes

Attitude issues, injury concerns, and his lack of experience at TE were the main things that pushed him down by the way, not his talent.

It's easy to interpret your post as you saying Engram isn't as talented as Reed.

I understand that wasn't your intention, but you can't blame Giants fans for seeing it that way.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Again guys, I'm not hating on the pick. I thought it was a really smart selection for you guys. I just thought the comments about him being a faster Reed were off.

I agree with it being a good pick. I think you guys and New York had the best picks in round 1 of the NFC East teams.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
How was Reed a better prospect than Engram? He went in the 3rd round!

Don't get me wrong I would love it if Engram was Reed 2.0. Even if he doesn't run routes that are as crisp his superior speed can compensate in certain ways.

Who said Reed was a better prospect than Engram? Rolling Eyes

Attitude issues, injury concerns, and his lack of experience at TE were the main things that pushed him down by the way, not his talent.

It's easy to interpret your post as you saying Engram isn't as talented as Reed.

I understand that wasn't your intention, but you can't blame Giants fans for seeing it that way.

Looking back at my posts, I can see how one would interpret it that way. But I really just meant that Engram and Reed are guys who win in different ways IMO, and calling Engram a faster Reed is off base and a lazy comparison to make.

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Again guys, I'm not hating on the pick. I thought it was a really smart selection for you guys. I just thought the comments about him being a faster Reed were off.

I agree with it being a good pick. I think you guys and New York had the best picks in round 1 of the NFC East teams.

Yea, I agree. But don't worry, the Redskins are due for a letdown with their remaining picks. And all kidding aside in the draft thread yesterday, I think Barnett will be a solid pro. I just really didn't want you guys to take Allen or Foster.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Do me a favor and pass on Mixon tonight, please. Don't really want to see Mixon and Elliot twice a year.
telso

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPNís Jordan Ranaan lambasted the GM for not moving up to get one of the players commonly considered prime Giant targets, most notably Howard, the Alabama tight end.

For the second consecutive year, the Giants were paralyzed by Reeseís rigidity. His streaks remain intact. He has never traded (up or down) in the first round, and has never traded down in 72 times on the clock in his 11 drafts as general manager.

Thursday was the perfect opportunity. Howard, a player the Giants coveted and had ranked near the top 10 of their board, was slipping. He was still available in the mid-teens, and lasted almost until the 20s. The opportunity was there for Reese to make a move somewhere, although he said afterward it was never in consideration.

Consider it an opportunity wasted for Howard, Bolles and Davis. One by one, they were gone. Just like last year, the Giantsí targets were taken right out from under them.

Ranaan again Very Happy Absolutely hilarious how stupid that guy is.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telso wrote:
Quote:
ESPNís Jordan Ranaan lambasted the GM for not moving up to get one of the players commonly considered prime Giant targets, most notably Howard, the Alabama tight end.

For the second consecutive year, the Giants were paralyzed by Reeseís rigidity. His streaks remain intact. He has never traded (up or down) in the first round, and has never traded down in 72 times on the clock in his 11 drafts as general manager.

Thursday was the perfect opportunity. Howard, a player the Giants coveted and had ranked near the top 10 of their board, was slipping. He was still available in the mid-teens, and lasted almost until the 20s. The opportunity was there for Reese to make a move somewhere, although he said afterward it was never in consideration.

Consider it an opportunity wasted for Howard, Bolles and Davis. One by one, they were gone. Just like last year, the Giantsí targets were taken right out from under them.

Ranaan again Very Happy Absolutely hilarious how stupid that guy is.

He's [inappropriate/removed] because as a beatwriter you're supposed to have an idea of who/what your team is interested in, yet Engram did not make his top 10 (14 with honorable mentions) list of players the Giants are interested in.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-giants/post/_/id/51465/jarrad-davis-tops-10-most-likely-picks-for-giants-in-first-round-of-nfl-draft

Quote:
Based on what I've heard from sources around the league and people inside and around the Giants organization over the past few months, these are the players most likely to be selected with the No. 23 overall pick (in order).

Get better people Jordan. They were wrong. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan Engram #88
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Evan Engram #88

Hakeem Nicks but bigger and faster. And believe it or not he has bigger hands
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApeDosMatt wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Evan Engram #88

I think they are slightly smaller. Reportedly, Nicks had 10.5" hands and Engram has 10" hands. Still huge though. Same size as Odell. It's ridiculous how fast Engram ran. .01 seconds faster than Odell at 35 pounds heavier.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
ApeDosMatt wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Evan Engram #88

I think they are slightly smaller. Reportedly, Nicks had 10.5" hands and Engram has 10" hands. Still huge though. Same size as Odell. It's ridiculous how fast Engram ran. .01 seconds faster than Odell at 35 pounds heavier.

He's exactly what we need. My dad and I have been talking about adding a tweeter for the past 2 years. Eli loves the middle of the field
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Giants should have drafted an OL instead".

Sounds familiar.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/9/5698622/nfl-draft-grades-reactions-ny-giants-odell-beckham-jr-round-1

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
"The Giants should have drafted an OL instead".

Sounds familiar.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/5/9/5698622/nfl-draft-grades-reactions-ny-giants-odell-beckham-jr-round-1

I'll take the bpa and possibly the most explosive player in the draft. The Giants Oline isn't as bad as it's made out to be. It's just Flowers and we weren't getting a left tackle this year

The media has no idea what they're talking about with the draft m. Drafting for need creates bad teams like the Browns
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It recently occurred to me that we still have Vereen as well. Man these receiving targets on paper look scary. OBJ, Marshall, Shepard, Engram, Vereen, King. Damn, that looks daunting.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it if Flowers can magically progress and Eli gets he ball out quick this offense will put up points. Who needs a run game with these receiverss Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: