Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants select Evan Engram with 23rd Pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Giants select Evan Engram with 23rd Pick Reply with quote

Left Foster and Njoku on the board.
njLawman5016

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard was three picks away and now they do this.

Not happy
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njLawman5016 wrote:
Howard was three picks away and now they do this.

Not happy

I wouldn't have traded either. There was good talent left. Was a brutal stretch, though.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a big and fast TE and inside receiver who's going to catch balls over the middle and score in the redzone. Adding Marshall and Ingram is giving Eli all the passing weapons in the world. They're loading up for Eli's last run. They have the defense, they just need the weapons which they're adding

Foster was my first choice because I think he could've taken our defense to a whole nother level
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it honestly. Did not think the Giants would pull the trigger on him and they did. He's Jordan Reed. He's the Brandon Marshall successor. He's potentially the best WR in the draft. Another huge weapon for Eli. This sets the tone for the offense. We are gonna pass all over you. The offense has an identity now. I really like the pick.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot. I would've been happy with Njoku, too, but Engram is arguably better. He's the best athlete at the position and he's got better hands than Njoku. He's not going to add much in the running game but he's a huge weapon for Eli. If Eli doesn't throw 40 TDs or close to it, it's a major disappointment with these weapons.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
I like it a lot. I would've been happy with Njoku, too, but Engram is arguably better. He's the best athlete at the position and he's got better hands than Njoku. He's not going to add much in the running game but he's a huge weapon for Eli. If Eli doesn't throw 40 TDs or close to it, it's a major disappointment with these weapons.

Exactly, they're all in this year. This was the win now weapon pick. I like the way this offense looks. I've never seen a Giants offense look this exotic and unpredictable. This looks to be shaping into the type of offense McAdoo wants
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I wanted an offensive weapon and he is exactly that. 4.42 for a 235 pound guy is impressive. He is going to create matchup issues for defenses and take pressure off OBJ. I like Sheppard, but he didn't blow me away. He's just another option. Engrams looks like he could develop into much more than that.

I would like an offensive lineman and running back tomorrow

Oh man. I forgot we signed Rhett Ellison for that blocking TE role.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApeDosMatt wrote:

Foster was my first choice because I think he could've taken our defense to a whole nother level

Agreed. But Engram is a solid route runner and faster than Njoku. Will split the seams and give us a threat at TE and let OBJ, Shep, Marshall make plays.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and btw, he's a 2x team captain at Miss - a trend for Giants picks these last couple years. So he's a natural leader and high character guy. Love it.

Last edited by w4rrior723 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in love with it with Ramczyk and Njoku sitting there. Oh well. I trust y'all's intuition on this one. Haven't gotten to read much this year Laughing

Hope we can add another o lineman
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Not in love with it with Ramczyk and Njoku sitting there. Oh well. I trust y'all's intuition on this one. Haven't gotten to read much this year Laughing

Hope we can add another o lineman

Bro, no OL is this draft do anything for us, including Ramczyk. Unless we're going to replace Flowers, but the FO has shown they're unwilling to give up on him yet. It would've been a horrible mistake to pass up all of the superior prospects at other impact positions just to get a mediocre player at OL.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two deep safety looks completely shut down our offense last year. Look at the Packers games. That won't be the case this year with Engram on the team. He'll feast on 2 deep safety looks. Instantly better on offense. And look at the DBs in the rest of the NFC East. Who can cover these guys?

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
bagh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually hoping for a trade up for Howard. After I saw Howard and Davis get drafted, I knew I wasn't going to like the Giants Pick.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Two deep safety looks completely shut down our offense last year. Look at the Packers games. That won't be the case this year with Engram on the team. He'll feast on 2 deep safety looks. Instantly better on offense. And look at the DBs in the rest of the NFC East. Who can cover these guys?

Cover soft over the middle youre burned by Engram. Bring the safeties up and press and Eli's going over you to Marshall or Beckham. Need a quick slant through a normal zone or a hook route? Shepard is right there. There's no way to cover this offense other than getting to Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: