You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins...No Long Term Deal...Discuss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Russell @Russellmania621
Quote:
As Kirk Cousins indicated on "#Redskins Nation" ..I'm hearing that talks between #Redskins & Cousins have indeed been positive of late.

Deadlines make deals.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Chris Russell @Russellmania621
Quote:
As Kirk Cousins indicated on "#Redskins Nation" ..I'm hearing that talks between #Redskins & Cousins have indeed been positive of late.

Deadlines make deals.

July 15th. Tick Tick Tick.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins may find Kirk Cousins answer in contract Oakland gives Carr

http://riggosrag.com/2017/05/28/redskins-kirk-cousins-answer-oakland/‬

Quote:
The front office may want to let their fellow organizations set the market value for Cousins but canít risk losing him to free agency. They could find the answer if they watch the Oakland Raiders and their negotiations with quarterback Derek Carr. According to Carmen DaSilva from Fox Sports, the two sides are working on a long-term contract to keep Carr with the Raiders in Oakland and Las Vegas.

If the Raiders complete a deal with Carr, the Redskins and Cousins could have a set of terms to base their contract upon. Carr has been a three-year starter for the Raiders and seems to be the franchise quarterback of the future. He has thrown for just short of 4,000 yards each year while completing 60 percent of his passes. Carr has an impressive ratio of 81 touchdowns to only 31 interceptions. Speculation is the new contract will pay him Andrew Luck money, around $24 million per year which would make him the highest paid passer in the league.

As a result of a potential Carr contract, Cousins is more than justified to become the highest paid quarterback in the NFL. In two seasons as a starter he passed for 4,166 and 4,917 yards while completing 68 percent of his passes. He has thrown 54 touchdown passes while only tossing 23 interceptions. Cousins has also contributed nine rushing touchdowns which he rarely gets credit for.

I'll actually build on what Larry Magragon wrote. Since Cousins first became a starter for more than just a game here or there in 2014, his stats including last year's playoff game are:

67%, 11122 yards, 65 TDs, 32 ints, 10 rushing TDs and 94.23 rtg

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anybody is denying Kirk deserves to be paid at this point. Im just not exactly sure he wants to be paid by this team...
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I don't think anybody is denying Kirk deserves to be paid at this point. Im just not exactly sure he wants to be paid by this team...
He's never said he doesn't want to be here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

He doesn't need to say it directly. There's enough rumors about it already that it's hard not to think that's the case.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:

Unless someone knows there is major animosity between Cousins and Allen/Synder, I don't see why Cousins would want to not get paid and stay a Redskin.

From all accounts Gruden and he get along great, Gruden just got extended.

From all accounts his OL likes him, Moses just got paid and arguably we upgraded with Long at C. The entire line will stay together baring injury at least for the next 3 years.

From all accounts he has said all the right things about Pryor and he gets along with him, Crowder and Reed. Sure Pryor is here on a one year deal but we all know if he works out this year at the very least the Redskins can put that tag on him (if Cousins is already signed LT).

Serious investment capital has been spend for the D to get better this year, I am sure if that is truly the case Cousins can see it in OTAs and mini camp, giving him another reason to consider signing long term.

His wife is about to give birth, I am sure he wants to be settled by then, pick a great neighborhood to live (Cousins come to McLean brother we would love you here), settle into a lifestyle in other words, instead of a new city, new faces etc etc.

I mean seriously why go to SF or another crappy team to start all over again with who knows what OL, receivers etc etc.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

He doesn't need to say it directly. There's enough rumors about it already that it's hard not to think that's the case.
Ahhh rumors...

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/06/13/the-colts-seem-pretty-concerned-with-andrew-lucks-injury/

Surely Cousins knows that by the Grace of God --This could be him ! Why wouldn't he knock a few mill off the deal and sign on to insure his family, His kids family, their families and all the Cousins families to year 2100 an beyond
How much is enough !? Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/06/13/the-colts-seem-pretty-concerned-with-andrew-lucks-injury/

Surely Cousins knows that by the Grace of God --This could be him ! Why wouldn't he knock a few mill off the deal and sign on to insure his family, His kids family, their families and all the Cousins families to year 2100 an beyond
You already know this. He's not going to sign a deal the team should have offered him last offseason and he shouldn't.

He'd be stupid to take a discount to stay.

Would you take a discount to stay at a company that was underpaying you?

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

By the same token, he can certainly insure himself for $40M+ against catastrophic injury. What is the team's insurance policy against losing him? McCoy? Sudfeld? Some rookie that will take at least 3 years to get acclimated to the NFL (and thus wasting the team's window)?

Why won't the team actually offer him a proper deal?

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

By the same token, he can certainly insure himself for $40M+ against catastrophic injury. What is the team's insurance policy against losing him? McCoy? Sudfeld? Some rookie that will take at least 3 years to get acclimated to the NFL (and thus wasting the team's window)?

I agree with you about them needing to re-sign Kirk long term, but I don't necessarily agree that the Redskins would be "wasting some sort of window" should Kirk be gone after this season and they'll have to draft and develop a qb behind McCoy or to challenge McCoy for the staring spot for a few years until that young qb is the unquestioned starter.

When I look at the Redskins roster I see a young team. Almost all of their key contributors are under 30 and so are their key reserves. I think the argument could be made that the Redskins haven't even hit their window yet, not that they'd be missing a window if Cousins isn't back after this year our current roster is set up in a way that they would develop with that young qb because most of our roster is also young.

1. Trent Williams is their oldest definite starter on offense and he's only going to be 29 in July. I say definite because Lauvao is 9 months older but he may not be our starting LG if Kouandjio beats him out.

2. Josh Norman is our oldest definite starter on defense and he's only going to be 30 in December.

Our team is young, they're developing. I don't think they've hit their window yet to be honest.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Because Bruce Allen is an idiot.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

You already know this. He's not going to sign a deal the team should have offered him last offseason and he shouldn't.

Look-it's sooooo much money a normal person can't fathom it .. All I'm saying is he wants a 32 oz Big Gulp but 7-11 says the best we can do is 28 oz.. Are you really gonna miss the 4 ozs??
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Look-it's sooooo much money a normal person can't fathom it .. All I'm saying is he wants a 32 oz Big Gulp but 7-11 says the best we can do is 28 oz.. Are you really gonna miss the 4 ozs??
It's not about that, it's about getting the respect that your peers are getting. Cousins has been playing like one of the NFL's best Qbs since week 6 of 2015 and he should get compensated for that.

Also, I just don't understand what your alternative is?

Is it just you want Cousins to take a hometown discount and get underpaid so that a rich SOB like Dan Snyder can have more money?

Is it the cap #?

Because if that's it, it's pretty clear that you don't understand that he makes 13% of the teams cap now - which is what most top Qbs make - and if we signed him on a long term deal his cap number would go down for this year, his % of the cap would go down this year and in every year after that because the salary cap would continue to go up higher than Kirk's salary each year.

Is it that you don't believe Cousins will continue to improve?

I find that hard to believe because he improved every year he's been in the pros.

It can't be that you think Colt Mccoy is better or that you want to start over from scratch with a rookie qb is it?

When you look at all these questions, the answer is simple, you pay to keep Kirk Cousins. Even if you don't believe he's going to be Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Ben Roethlisberger etc, because the alternative means the Redskins will once again be cellar dwellers in the NFL and who knows how long it would take to find a qb who's even as goood as Cousins, not to mention better.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: