You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins...No Long Term Deal...Discuss
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Kirk Cousins...No Long Term Deal...Discuss Reply with quote

OK, so the time to sign is long gone and there is NO Long Term Deal.

Last edited by mike23md on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
tremojo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Kirk Cousins...yep him again Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
While the Browns were on the clock at 12, the called Washington to ask about trading for Kirk Cousins.

Browns wanted Cousins.

Ian Rappaport said it was actually real.

Washington obviously declined which allowed Houston to jump up.

And many said it wasn't lol
Slateman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another dumb move by Bruce. Cousins doesn't want to be here. Take the pick, improve your defense, get a QB in next year's draft
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources inside Redskins Park said this was not true.

Also, Ian Rappaport is wrong 3/4 of the time.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Sources inside Redskins Park said this was not true.

Also, Ian Rappaport is wrong 3/4 of the time.

He was right a lot when the shanny regime leaked to him. He's not near the worst: kipwr and MC Shea reported browns picking Mitchell number 1 this evening
Mans the worst of all time JLC laconfora. You can get rich fast by simply betting the opposite he says. He either makes it up or his betting against himself
rizzy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Another dumb move by Bruce. Cousins doesn't want to be here. Take the pick, improve your defense, get a QB in next year's draft

I mean we don't know what the deal was it could have been the 12 plus a mid round pick for the 17 and Cousins
NHL-Capitals
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-browns-need-a-great-qb-which-is-why-they-didnt-draft-one/

Though it is not marked, that blue dot in the middle all by itself? That's Kirk Cousins. The one that is down and left from Prescott? That's Russell Wilson.

So, of QBs drafted after the first round, only two QBs have contributed more value to their team than Cousins has to ours over the past decade. If you include the first round, you only have ten or so (including Ryan), and another four that have given equivalent value.

Notice where Kirk's value is. It's above where the trendline projects the first overall pick. If you want Kirk to leave or be traded, that's what you are proposing: the Redskins can find another quarterback (in the draft, UDFA, free agency, or pulled out of a hat) that projects to be as good or better than the expected value of a QB who has been drafted first overall over the past decade.
Slateman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rizzy wrote:
Slateman wrote:

I mean we don't know what the deal was it could have been the 12 plus a mid round pick for the 17 and Cousins

That's better than a 3rd round pick in 2019
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
rizzy wrote:
Slateman wrote:

That's better than a 3rd round pick in 2019

It's going to be interesting if kirk gets transitioned next year and leaves. I can hear Bruce and Danny storyboarding the rumors now-

He's had alcohol challenges

He's having marital issues

Once he got paid he stopped putting in the work

He wasnt really very good- it's always been the system

He didn't win a super bowl and anything less is failure so we need a new QB

An alien life force took over his mind and body

He's not a true leader and our quarterback needs to be one

He wanted so much money we would've had to raise ticket prices on our hardworking and valued fans-we just said no to that

He needed contact lenses but refused to wear them

Yada yada yada

When it should be- we crapped the bed and now our fans have to lay in it
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until we know what the terms were that were offered - and we may never know - I don't know how we can say Turing down the trade offer by the Browns was a bad move.

I'd rather have Kirk and there's still 2 and a half months to sign him in this offseason.

Also, Kirk has never said he doesn't want to be where, so people need to stop saying that crap because it isn't true. He'd sign a deal if a fair market deal had been offered to him the last two years but the team hasn't offered that kind of deal yet.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31269/scot-mccloughan-says-kirk-cousins-has-reached-his-ceiling

Looks like Scotty M and I agree on this one. Cousins has reached his ceiling.
If you 8-8 and 9-7 - Pay the Man !
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/31269/scot-mccloughan-says-kirk-cousins-has-reached-his-ceiling

Wins/losses are a team stat. If being a pro bowl QB that has broken the team's passing record in consecutive years is his ceiling, sign the man to an extension already.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be fine with just using Terrelle Pryor in the wildcat for the season tbh

Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Wins/losses are a team stat. If being a pro bowl QB that has broken the team's passing record in consecutive years is his ceiling, sign the man to an extension already.
Agreed. We've fixed the defense - at least on paper - got bigger receivers for the redzone and a running back with a nose for the endzone, to me those things around Kirk should translate into more wins as a "team."

Kirk should have been paid already, I've already accepted the possibility that I'm going to be highly disappointed that they won't sign him long term.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see what Scot said as unflattering in the least. Cousins is an excellent qb. Its up to coaching to adapt all around it. And while the wrs have excelled, its harder for them and Cousins to stand out as being excellent without a proper run design base helping keep defenses honest and pulled forward.

Id put Cousins up there with a guy like Aikman. Taking a great line, WRs, and RB play for SB titles.
We have won Super Bowls with worse. And it took a great RB and RB run design to get Elway over the hump. Ben had The Bus. Troy had Smith.

I dont see what reason there is not to pay him. Next year the contract will be even more. Should of signed him last year, cause no matter what. By next year it would look like a steal. Instead of 44 mill for 2 years, plus a contract tacked on the end.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: