Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
I meant to quote in response to titansfan4life who said I was wrong

Still wasn't Charlie Campbell....

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
I meant to quote in response to titansfan4life who said I was wrong

Still wasn't Charlie Campbell....

Clearly you missed the post where I admitted to be wrong about his last name but who gives a bleep 🤷🏽‍♂️
Titans001

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I found interesting is how people always talked about how John Ross torched Adoree Jackson, but if you go back and watch the tape he only allowed 4 catches the entire game and if you take away the one play where he slipped it was 3 catches for less than 30 yards and got two interceptions. The other game people talk about is the Chris Godwin and he only allowed 3 or 4 receptions in that game one was for a touchdown but again the total yards accumulated to less than 50 yards and got one interception. I remember thinking last year against the colts when Andrew Luck driving down field when we had a 4th quarter lead how desperately we needed a playmaker on defense hopefully Adoree can be that guy.I think some of you will be surprised on how well he turns out.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans001 wrote:
One thing I found interesting is how people always talked about how John Ross torched Adoree Jackson, but if you go back and watch the tape he only allowed 4 catches the entire game and if you take away the one play where he slipped it was 3 catches for less than 30 yards and got two interceptions. The other game people talk about is the Chris Godwin and he only allowed 3 or 4 receptions in that game one was for a touchdown but again the total yards accumulated to less than 50 yards and got one interception. I remember thinking last year against the colts when Andrew Luck driving down field when we had a 4th quarter lead how desperately we needed a playmaker on defense hopefully Adoree can be that guy.I think some of you will be surprised on how well he turns out.

I've said that over & over other than the slip on Ross, where's this bad film, where's this bad footwork. If you look up all the kids scouting reports, they all say can flat out cover, great footwork & fluid hips can play zone or man & tremendous ball skills.
I have yet seen a scouting report that says back pedal needs work or footwork.
All says he needs to work on his technique. Hand placement, press coverage disrupting routes at the line of scrimmage.
Pro comparison Adam jones, Jonathan Joseph, Asante Samuel
Show me film that screams he's a project & his footwork is awful.
Like I said will he struggle at the next level of course but my gut feeling is we have a defensive cornerstone in the making.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans001 wrote:

First, welcome to the site. I'll also point out that he held Calvin Ridley, who's thought to be one of the top WR prospect for next year, to just 2 catches for 9 yards.

In fact, that Bama game told me a lot about Jackson. While it looked like the rest of the team quit, he was still out there running down their RB on long, would be TDs, locking down Ridley and still doing his usual return duties. Very impressive, to say the least. Says a lot about him.

#MTGA
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Titans001 wrote:

I've said that over & over other than the slip on Ross, where's this bad film, where's this bad footwork. If you look up all the kids scouting reports, they all say can flat out cover, great footwork & fluid hips can play zone or man & tremendous ball skills.
All says he needs to work on his technique. Hand placement, press coverage disrupting routes at the line of scrimmage.
Like I said will he struggle at the next level of course but my gut feeling is we have a defensive cornerstone in the making.

Your own Charlier Murph... errr... Campbell mentions his feet in his scouting report:

Quote:
There are some areas that Jackson can improve upon for the pros. Sources say that Jackson freelances too much, which gets him in trouble. He also has to work on keeping his feet, as that led to some painful blown coverage plays in 2016. Big receivers could give Jackson problems, too, so he could use some NFL coaching on how to defend against them.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017ajackson.php#uqb0UgXFUuWYcikk.99

PFF also had some concerns about certain routes on him... like an 80% completion % against him on slant routes (!):

Quote:
Biggest concern:

Beaten far too often when lined up in press coverage. Whether he misses the jam or gets worked at the line, press coverage was a boom or bust scenario for Jackson
Struggles on shorter routes, hitches and slants in particular, against bigger receivers.
Gives up the middle of the field too easily. Allowed 80.0 percent of the passes thrown into his coverage on slant routes to be caught.
At 5-feet-10 and 186 pounds, he is a little bit undersized for an outside corner in the NFL.
Potentially a better fit in the slot, but played just 112 snaps there over the past three seasons, so limited sample size to work with. Allowed nine catches for 101 yards including two touchdowns on those snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-adoree-jackson-cb-usc/

There's obvious upside. Not only was he the Titans top player on the board (obviously), but I've also heard the Cowboys had him pretty highly rated. Sports radio here said the Cowboys liked him in the middle of the 1st, but thought he would fall past Titans, where they would look to trade up in the very early 20's). Think they said they had him as their top CB, above Lattimore. (Not that I overly care what the Cowboys think, but I live in Cowboy-land, so sports radio here is extremely Cowboy-centric).

He has all the athletic ability to be a great CB, but he's far from a finished product. Needs a lot of work this offseason. I expect him to make some incredible plays... but I also expect him to [inappropriate/removed] us off by giving up some huge plays as well. He gave up 4 TDs and the last 5 games last season... more than once because he slipped. The Ross play stands out because it was down right embarrassing, but it happened on more than 1 occasion.
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he struggles against shorter routes, hitches and slant across middle of field, why would he a better fit in slot? Is that exactly what slot receivers mostly run?

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
Titans001 wrote:

Your own Charlier Murph... errr... Campbell mentions his feet in his scouting report:

Quote:
There are some areas that Jackson can improve upon for the pros. Sources say that Jackson freelances too much, which gets him in trouble. He also has to work on keeping his feet, as that led to some painful blown coverage plays in 2016. Big receivers could give Jackson problems, too, so he could use some NFL coaching on how to defend against them.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017ajackson.php#uqb0UgXFUuWYcikk.99

PFF also had some concerns about certain routes on him... like an 80% completion % against him on slant routes (!):

Quote:
Biggest concern:

Beaten far too often when lined up in press coverage. Whether he misses the jam or gets worked at the line, press coverage was a boom or bust scenario for Jackson
Struggles on shorter routes, hitches and slants in particular, against bigger receivers.
Gives up the middle of the field too easily. Allowed 80.0 percent of the passes thrown into his coverage on slant routes to be caught.
At 5-feet-10 and 186 pounds, he is a little bit undersized for an outside corner in the NFL.
Potentially a better fit in the slot, but played just 112 snaps there over the past three seasons, so limited sample size to work with. Allowed nine catches for 101 yards including two touchdowns on those snaps.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/draft-pff-scouting-report-adoree-jackson-cb-usc/

There's obvious upside. Not only was he the Titans top player on the board (obviously), but I've also heard the Cowboys had him pretty highly rated. Sports radio here said the Cowboys liked him in the middle of the 1st, but thought he would fall past Titans, where they would look to trade up in the very early 20's). Think they said they had him as their top CB, above Lattimore. (Not that I overly care what the Cowboys think, but I live in Cowboy-land, so sports radio here is extremely Cowboy-centric).

He has all the athletic ability to be a great CB, but he's far from a finished product. Needs a lot of work this offseason. I expect him to make some incredible plays... but I also expect him to [inappropriate/removed] us off by giving up some huge plays as well. He gave up 4 TDs and the last 5 games last season... more than once because he slipped. The Ross play stands out because it was down right embarrassing, but it happened on more than 1 occasion.

Once again he said keep his feet, not footwork, footwork is back pedal, attacking the ball, covering.
What he saying is he needs to work on keep his feet under him, which is more in the lines of his base, he tripped missing jams. That falls under press technique. If you use the wrong technique in press, & your base is not under you, you'll easily get knocked off the route feet underneath is base. 🤔🙄
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when a DB has bad footwork they say needs to work on coming out his back pedal, Or footwork a lil sloppy sometimes get dead feet or what they call flat footed.
This is why Malcom Jenkins converted from CB to safety
Antrel Role corner to safety.
Keeping your feet sounds like you get knocked off routes easily from improper technique. Press coverage & route disruption within 5 yards.
If you're using wrong technique you have no balance trying to redirect a WR off his route or dictate his route
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Jackson need work? Absolutely, he is a little raw but you're drafting him at #18 for his upside and his effect on special teams. From what I've read Adoree has never gone through a spring practice because he was doing track & field. He went #18 without focusing solely on football. I think that goes to show what kind of athleticism he has. He isn't efficient in his footwork yet but give him rookie camp, OTA's, training camp, regular season practice and he'll get better. He is coming into the league with excellent ball skills and 4.40 speed. You work with that and teach footwork. If you go watch his combine you can see he has the ability.

And yes, he'll probably get burned this year but what rookie corners don't get burned?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
Titans001 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Biggest concern:

Once again he said keep his feet, not footwork, footwork is back pedal, attacking the ball, covering.
What he saying is he needs to work on keep his feet under him, which is more in the lines of his base, he tripped missing jams. That falls under press technique. If you use the wrong technique in press, & your base is not under you, you'll easily get knocked off the route feet underneath is base. 🤔🙄

So you're trying to say that keeping your feet under you has nothing to do with footwork. Okay.................................

None of the plays where his footwork lead to blown coverages (that I saw),which are not the only plays he needs to improve his footwork, were press man. The play against John Ross was man coverage, but they were not pressing. Show me where he is attempting to jam Ross on the TD play? He bit hard on the inside fake and tripped over himself trying to transition. Footwork.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Once again he said keep his feet, not footwork

So wait... let me get this straight... keeping one's feet is not... footwork?

Alright... right on!

Edit:... ah, just saw that TitanSS beat me to that question...
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2017/5/3/15530938/pff-says-adoree-jackson-has-really-big-bust-potential-titans

It's not that I don't think he can succeed, I just think there is a much higher chance that he busts than Tre'Davious White, who was on the board. White is much more polished in his technique and has a lot less to learn to transition to the NFL.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst case scenario if he can't play corner he can play safety 🤷🏽‍♂️
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaching is going to be absolutely paramount to Adoree's development. He has all the tools in his tool box to succeed, but he needs to figure out how to use them. I remember discussing this with TitanSS in his mock about how I felt like Adoree was a nickel corner and was a year away from being a year away because of his technique. After watching his film again, I feel like I was just a tad too harsh on him. I think he can succeed on the outside, but our DB Coaches are really going to earn their money.

He seems like a great guy that really wants it, so that plays a big part, but he really is a classic boom or bust prospect. I think he'll always have the potential to be a Pro Bowl returner, but worst case scenario is that's all he turns into. Like others have said, I see him having some really great plays this year and some plays where he gets burned. Every rookie corner takes their lumps though, and I think Adoree probably has the best upside of any corner in the class because of his athleticism.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: