Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Like I said all this bad footwork he can't cover 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
But Charlie Campbell is the man that drafted Mario Williams over Reggie bush & VY. He drafted Andre Johnson I can keep going & Deion sanders well hey GOAT OF CB

I think you're thinking of Charley Casserly.

Regarding Adoree, part of me wish we try him out at safety. With his athleticism and ball skills, I think he could be special at free safety.

#MTGA
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
But Charlie Campbell is the man that drafted Mario Williams over Reggie bush & VY. He drafted Andre Johnson I can keep going & Deion sanders well hey GOAT OF CB

Wtf are you talking about? Charlie Campbell has never worked for the Texans in any form or capacity. That's Charley Casserly and drafting AJ isn't exactly that hard of a decision. That's a no brainer. He had nothing to do with Williams either as he was fired before that draft even occurred.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has absolutely terrible footwork, yes.

Because Deion Sanders played CB I should trust his opinion? He's a TV analyst now. That's it. He doesn't know half of what the dumbest scout in our organization does. Should I start listening to Jon Gruden now? He loves everyone in the draft because hes an analyst. Duh.

And as others have pointed out... You have absolutely no idea who Charlie Campbell is.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie casserly I do apologize I got his name mixed up, honest mistake, but the boy will struggle but in due time he's going to be a shutdown corner. My gut feeling.
EightGigBrain

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a huge risk, yes. His technique is/was pitiful but, to me, the lack of size is the biggest concern. Luckily, there aren't many physical specimen in the division outside of AR15.

In my opinion, the good far outweighs the bad with him:

Good:
Externals - elite level athlete - twitch, body control, instincts, speed - all boxes checked.
Internals - smarts, drive, leadership skills - magnetic personality.
Ball skills are as good as any DB in the draft; arguably the best.
Elite return skills - electric, knack for the big play.
Success - one that hasn't been talked about much but very important. Has succeeded at every level. He dominated in high school; a top 10 recruit. Was a day 1 impact player at SC..adjusted to the college game seamlessly. A negative here is how will he handle failure because he will get roasted at least some in the NFL.

Bad:
Technique - probably couldn't get much worse. Interesting, though, that he still managed to have good success. If this staff is worth their salary they can mold the traits into a good, possibly elite, cover man. It's all there but untapped.
Size - he's tiny and will absolutely get pushed around by bigger receivers. Luckily the AFC South is not the NFC South (Julio, Benjamin, Evans, Thomas, et al). It COULD be a huge benefit for keeping up with Hilton & Hopkins, though.

I like the pick but it's not a completely safe one. There are risks but I'm glad this franchise is taking a risk for once. He could be the most exciting player in the NFL -- he has that much upside. That's something that hasn't been in Nashville since 08 CJ.

How much stock do we put into 'not focused on football half the year at SC' narrative? I don't know. What kind of coaching was he getting there? I don't know that either.

I think, at the very least, he'll be a productive multiple contract player in the NFL with All-Pro upside. I'll take it.
[/b]
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's the same size as pacman only he's a legit 5'10 PAC really is 5'9 but played big & was strong. I remember we played the cowboys & pac covered T.O & was pressing him at the line of scrimmage & T.O couldn't get off the line, bill parcels moved T.O to the slot to get em him going.
Pac also shut down plexico in man coverage the entire game against the giants. He got the best of Andre Johnson.
My point is size doesn't matter if you play big & use proper technique.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I try to look for additional reasons for me to like the pick more, I stumbled across this thought:

Ryan was often put up against the bigger WRs his last couple of years in
NE. Jackson's strength seems to pit him against the faster/quicker WRs. This pairing could have been one of the reasons they liked Jackson more than maybe another equal or close to equal CB. Maybe our CBs won't be playing sides next year, but playing guys instead.

Against a team like Houston, Ryan will man up on the bigger Hopkins, while Jackson takes the faster Fuller?

I can see the sense in that... if that's the direction we're going in.

Not saying that's the sole reason he was favored over someone else... but could be one of many reasons, one that has not yet been mentioned... maybe? Or am I stretching it, trying to convince myself to be ok with Jackson over White?
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been an excellent athlete that has been using that to get by and as we seen it works in college.
Does he have the personality to work and get techniques? I feel like he does.

None of the guys are finished products.
Humphrey has the size but couldn't find the ball.
Lattimore has the technique but doesn't have the health history and ball production.
White is barley big or just as big as Jackson.

Some of you all make it seem like we drafted a 7th round rated guy in the first.
Or
Like he is 4 feet tall weighing in at 100 pounds.
Just googled a random name. Leon Hall. He is as big as him
Leon Hall 5'11 195
Adore Jackson 5'10 190
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
As I try to look for additional reasons for me to like the pick more, I stumbled across this thought:

NE. Jackson's strength seems to pit him against the faster/quicker WRs. This pairing could have been one of the reasons they liked Jackson more than maybe another equal or close to equal CB. Maybe our CBs won't be playing sides next year, but playing guys instead.

Against a team like Houston, Ryan will man up on the bigger Hopkins, while Jackson takes the faster Fuller?

Not saying that's the sole reason he was favored over someone else... but could be one of many reasons, one that has not yet been mentioned... maybe? Or am I stretching it, trying to convince myself to be ok with Jackson over White?

Jackson's leaping ability is also impressive!
White is more of a finished product. So it's understandable to look him now in the immediate.
But Jackson to me has a higher ceiling and isn't garbage. He has some improvements to make. However he would have been CB1 on this team last year. He is an improvement and a game changing returner. (Something we haven't had in a long time)
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Jackson's leaping ability is also impressive!
White is more of a finished product. So it's understandable to look him now in the immediate.
But Jackson to me has a higher ceiling and isn't garbage. He has some improvements to make. However he would have been CB1 on this team last year. He is an improvement and a game changing returner. (Something we haven't had in a long time)

🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 & to be honest I'm hoping on Simms making a big jump this yr & manning 1 side down, so hopefully we can use adoree on the outside & Ryan in the slot on nickel, but base defense Ryan & Simms until adoree is ready.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least, we're adding some personality to our team

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/28/adoree-jackson-mcdonalds-gq-a-lister/

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? Charlie Campbell has never worked for the Texans in any form or capacity. That's Charley Casserly and drafting AJ isn't exactly that hard of a decision. That's a no brainer. He had nothing to do with Williams either as he was fired before that draft even occurred.

No he wasn't. He left 2 months AFTER the Mario Williams selection.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:

Wrong he left the organization in June 2006
He drafted Mario Williams in April wit the number 1 pick. I might have gotten his last name wrong but the story is facts do your research
Justin615$

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:

Wrong he left the organization in June 2006
He drafted Mario Williams in April wit the number 1 pick. I might have gotten his last name wrong but the story is facts do your research

Wouldn't that make him correct then?

Maybe I just don't understand what is being said though.

2016 Adopt-A-Titan
1. Rashad Johnson : 38 TKLS, 1 PD, 1 FF
2. Sean Spence : 54 TKLS, 3 SACKS, 5 PD, 1 FF
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to quote in response to titansfan4life who said I was wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: