You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
Once again he said keep his feet, not footwork

So wait... let me get this straight... keeping one's feet is not... footwork?

Is it possible the slip against Ross was so highly visible (and replayed over and over again) that the media "scouts" wrote that down as a weakness when in reality, all corners will slip and lose their footing once in a while? Did those who watched Adoree on tape notice he was slipping/falling much more than normal?

I imagine as scouts are trying to list strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of prospects against a publisher's deadline, you tend to get lazy and write down an obvious thing to keep on moving. Just a thought.

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey
Titans001

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="titanrick"][quote="ragevsuall17"][quote="J.Redd10"]Once again he said keep his feet, not footwork[/quote]

So wait... let me get this straight... keeping one's feet is not... footwork? [/quote]

Is it possible the slip against Ross was so highly visible (and replayed over and over again) that the media "scouts" wrote that down as a weakness when in reality, all corners will slip and lose their footing once in a while? Did those who watched Adoree on tape notice he was slipping/falling much more than normal?

I imagine as scouts are trying to list strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of prospects against a publisher's deadline, you tend to get lazy and write down an obvious thing to keep on moving. Just a thought.[/quote]

Going off the two games I watched (Washington and Penn State) that was the only slip I saw. I really don't feel like counting the number of times a guy slips in a two hour period but those are the games that most people say he struggled the most in and he really didn't have a bad game. It came out to 9 catches roughly 150 yards including the 70 yard pass to Ross and two touchdowns but also came away with 3 interceptions and 2 or 3 breakups.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
Once again he said keep his feet, not footwork

So wait... let me get this straight... keeping one's feet is not... footwork?

I imagine as scouts are trying to list strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of prospects against a publisher's deadline, you tend to get lazy and write down an obvious thing to keep on moving. Just a thought.

He slipped and lost his shoe on the game winner vs Utah... and there were a couple other times I saw him lose his footing and give up plays. I think all in all, he gave up 5 TDs this past year.... a pretty high number regardless of draft position.

I saw these videos a few months back when everyone was convinced he was a 2nd rounder, but I had him as a 3rd round prospect. I ended up with him as a 2nd rounder, in part due to STs, in part due to other top CBs falling due to injuries or whatnot, and in part due to liking some of the potential I saw.

But I always mentioned footwork and technique as part of the concerns with Jackson. I still think he's got some tremendous potential, but I also think he's got high bust potential (at least at CB). It's on the coaches to fix those things that need fixing. If not, he becomes a 1st round Hester (who people may forget was actually drafted as a CB). Jackson proved a little more at CB while in college, but it's not that far a stretch of a comparison.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also fell down in 2015 vs Stanford giving up a TD. He's fallen down completely numerous times.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee Martin USC OC on local radio...summarized
"We did a stat and we found that it averaged out that every 4th time that Adoree touched the ball it was for a touchdown."

Nice stat.

He never really had an football off-season. He was always running track.
As OC Tee Martin stated that he never ever really met with Adoree for gameplanning. He'd just tell him how they planned to use him during Punt Return Drills and Adoree would get it. Called him one of the smartest people he encountered.

He was able to excel without really having the time to put into working on it.
Sky is the limit for him.

All according to Tee Martin.

Just FYI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: