You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VY

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least need to let him get on the field before he's universally panned. This is what I always dislike about the draft, instant reaction to whether a guy is a savior or trash within a few days of being drafted.

I think Jackson has his downsides, as well as positives, and that's just on the defensive side of the ball. He's certainly going to need safety help but most rookie CB's do. Give the guy a shot before you knock him so far down the depth chart. I do think technique has a lot to do with it. I mean look at that Ross clip, he's way too stiff / playing high, needs to be in a more ready position to swing one way or another. I think a major part of it is he's relied on natural athletic ability far too much and found himself in poor positions to react. Good coaching should improve that quite a bit - and he has two great ones in LeBeau and Townsend.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smh.....

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's far from just the Ross clip. Everyone has seen that clip. If it was just that you could chalk it up to tripping, but when you're doing it every game it is a problem.

And does SMH mean you disagree, but dont have anything meaningful to add to the conversation? I would absolutely love for Jackson to be a good cover CB, but right now he's worse than Brice McCain fairly easily. I would expect Ryan and Sims to start outside with Mccain taking most of the nickel snaps.
VY

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
It's far from just the Ross clip. Everyone has seen that clip. If it was just that you could chalk it up to tripping, but when you're doing it every game it is a problem.

And does SMH mean you disagree, but dont have anything meaningful to add to the conversation? I would absolutely love for Jackson to be a good cover CB, but right now he's worse than Brice McCain fairly easily. I would expect Ryan and Sims to start outside with Mccain taking most of the nickel snaps.

So what do you attribute it to - the tripping and falling? Just being so terrible that he can't tell his a** from a hole in the ground? Maybe he will be godawful in coverage, or maybe he just needs to be coached up. I think it's pretty hard to argue that he doesn't have the physical skills. Just needs to get technique drilled into him in a major way.

I don't think it's a crazy idea that a rookie DB will need time to adjust/acclimate. Sure our needs are dire at CB but give the guy time to grow and develop and in 2-3 years he could be a solid starter, maybe more.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often have guys who are incredibly rare but very athletic panned out for us? He could get a lot better, but a lot of times guys are what they are. He has good ball skills, he reacts well when the play is in front of him, he has some absolutely awful tape out there when guys get him out of his backpedal.

The Jaguars drafted a CB that "has the athleticism" in the 7th round, second fastest player at the combine, but I dont think any of us expect him to be shutting down Mariota in 2-3 years after being coached up.

Sure, he could get better, some guys do, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out how awful his footwork and technique are at times. It's not always as simple as being coached better or being a hard worker. That certainly can help, but Jake Locker is not going to be a good QB despite having all the tools, coaching, and work ethic required. A lot of guys just are what they are. I think Jackson is a dynamic returner and a #3 or #4 CB.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
How often have guys who are incredibly rare but very athletic panned out for us? He could get a lot better, but a lot of times guys are what they are. He has good ball skills, he reacts well when the play is in front of him, he has some absolutely awful tape out there when guys get him out of his backpedal.

The Jaguars drafted a CB that "has the athleticism" in the 7th round, second fastest player at the combine, but I dont think any of us expect him to be shutting down Mariota in 2-3 years after being coached up.

Sure, he could get better, some guys do, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out how awful his footwork and technique are at times. It's not always as simple as being coached better or being a hard worker. That certainly can help, but Jake Locker is not going to be a good QB despite having all the tools, coaching, and work ethic required. A lot of guys just are
what they are. I think Jackson is a dynamic returner and a #3 or #4 CB.

I remember majority of us laughed when the titans drafted Chris Johnson. Most of us wanted a WR, & stated we reached for an undersized RB that was a 2nd or 3rd round value RB.
Turns out the guy was the best back in that class.
I remember Adam pac man jones got his A** handed to him his rookie yr, had no ints, & outside of being a return man we were ready to call him a bust in the making. But his 2nd yr he graded out as the 2nd best corner behind champ bailey 🤷🏽‍♂️
The kid is special Deion sanders said it, mike mayock, Mel kiper, & a lot of sports analysts said he's a playmaker wit game changing ability. He's a bit raw technique wise, but the plays he made just off raw athletic ability is incredible.
- Lebeau a HOF DB, & coach saw some evidently working him out at the combine...
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the same coach who saw something in Chris Johnson saw something in the athletic freak that was Chris Henry the year before and all the coaching in the world wasn't going to turn him into a NFL RB.

I'm not saying he can't succeed, I just think we reached because we saw what he could do with the ball in his hands, not because of what he can do to keep the ball out of receivers hands.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this one turns out to be a bad pick. Obviously it's too early to call him a bust and the Titans FO knows a hell of a lot more than I do and has access to a lot more resources than I do, but this is the one pick I didn't agree with. Last year I didn't agree with the Kevin Dodd or Derrick Henry picks right after we made them and one of them has already proved me wrong, although Henry's tape at least gave me something to be excited about outside of special teams. Hopefully Jackson proves me wrong too.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I could be full of crap too. I had a mock with him going to us at the very end of the 2nd round and being the first CB we drafted, so I obviously thought there was part of him that could play. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic because of the value at #18.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, sometimes the negativity around here is just too much.

Props to mike23md on the sig
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Charlie Campbell, those who not know who this man is, do your homework.
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2017ajackson.php
Notice he said his weakness are
Could struggle with big receivers
Freelances too much
Receivers can make catches over him
Could be picked on in the red zone

Strengths
Very fast; elite speed
Superb cover corner
Runs the route with the receiver
Prevents separation
Can cover up speed receivers
Good ball skills
Excellent hands
Good leaping ability
Very athletic
Quick feet
Loose hips to turn and run with speed receivers
Recoverability
Willing tackler
Quality instincts
Can play off-man coverage
Can play zone coverage
Special teams contributor
Dangerous returner
Could contribute on offense as a receiver
Very experienced
Successful against good college receivers
Should be able to play quickly
Upside
Again where is this bad footwork Deion sanders said the kid had the best footwork & ball skills at the combine watching him workout.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it most of y'all just don't like the pick get over it.
Will he struggle yes, again Adam jones his rookie year was out played by a 7th round CB Reynaldo hill who we thought was a steal but we know the rest will
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Man, sometimes the negativity around here is just too much.

I told you I was far from always siding with the FO haha.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it most of y'all just don't like the pick get over it.
Will he struggle yes, again Adam jones his rookie year was out played by a 7th round CB Reynaldo hill who we thought was a steal but we know the rest will
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to listen to Deion Sanders and Charlie Campbell, neither of whom I would trust to identify a DB on the field let alone evaluate one, as opposed to watching and forming your own opinion, be my guest. Our GM, HC, and DC all signed off on this pick, all of whom I trust far more than someone like Deion Sanders. It does not mean I am not allowed to have a different opinion.

I never asked anyone to take my word for it. I am "over it". I am simply voicing my opinion. You know... the sole reason for using a forum. I can read and have read numerous media analysts opinions on Jackson. I disagree. I'm not saying I'm smarter that Charlie Campbell. I'm saying this is my opinion. If you just want to hear regurgitated analysts opinions you don't need the forums... You can just follow Matt Miller on Twitter.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/adoree-jackson/
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said all this bad footwork he can't cover 🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
But Charlie Campbell is the man that drafted Mario Williams over Reggie bush & VY. He drafted Andre Johnson I can keep going & Deion sanders well hey GOAT OF CB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: