You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
615finest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

.@AdoreeKnows rounded up #s for every @Titans DB, & sent text: "I told them I was excited to come to the team and learn from them and work.

TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adoree will wear #25.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Imagine LeBeau will maybe try to go back to more zone. If Jackson keeps things in front of him he's obviously a quick closer and sure tackler. Give him time to get adjusted he could be very solid.

Wasn't Jackson's strength man-coverage... with his zone play needing some work? He is supposed to excel near the LOS though, similar to Ryan. Only concern is if both CBs are better closer to LOS (in a cover 2 look), it leaves our safeties covering the deep routes... and outside of Byard, I don't fully trust any of our other safeties in that role. Maybe they can move Ryan inside on these looks, and play a 3 deep, with Jackson, Byard, and Sims as the 3 guys covering the deep routes, and Ryan and the LBs the short routes.

It could happen, but I think we stick to man for the most part, like we did last year.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt weighed in on the pick yet really. I will say we really needed a CB so I don't hate the pick at all. For the fantasy aspect of adding OJ Howard is fun to think about. Jackson seems like a real talented kid I'm a little worried about the height and I know he's around the same height as Butler but what could help Jackson early on in his career is he's so athletic. Every time I see a highlight of him playing a ball in the air he seems like he out jumps the stadium. The other aspect of his game I'm excited about is can we finally get a damn punt return for a TD lol. I feel like it's been forever since we had one which was Reynaud I believe.

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson is just not that great in coverage. Feet are terrible. Saw him fall down or nearly fall down 4 or more times trying to flip his hips out of his backpedal. He may give us an electiric piece in the return game and hopefully turn into more than a nickel back, but TreDavious White was still there and he is a pro ready CB who can play inside or out.

Jackson has the upside, just hoping Im wrong about him.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Jackson is just not that great in coverage. Feet are terrible. Saw him fall down or nearly fall down 4 or more times trying to flip his hips out of his backpedal. He may give us an electiric piece in the return game and hopefully turn into more than a nickel back, but TreDavious White was still there and he is a pro ready CB who can play inside or out.

What are you talking bout his footwork & fluidity were his strengths he killed the combine in drills. He fell using bad technique against john Ross in a game vs Washington. He's 1 of the best cover corners in the draft, his biggest knocks were, technique & size.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

What are you talking bout his footwork & fluidity were his strengths he killed the combine in drills. He fell using bad technique against john Ross in a game vs Washington. He's 1 of the best cover corners in the draft, his biggest knocks were, technique & size.

He fell a lot. That one against Ross was not close to the only time. Footwork in and out of the backpedal are part of technique and they are very raw.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be sooo cool to have some hypeness when he goes back to take a punt.

Can you imagine during the MNF game and hopefully we good and he has some juice and the crowd is rowdy!
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
It's going to be sooo cool to have some hypeness when he goes back to take a punt.

Can you imagine during the MNF game and hopefully we good and he has some juice and the crowd is rowdy!

the more i think about the philosophy behind this draft, the more i can get on board with it. consider that the vast majority of our "explosive" plays last year were basically the result of mariota being perfect on a given play. now throw corey davis, adoree jackson, and taywan taylor into the mix. we needed playmakers on the perimeter in the worst way and boy did we get some.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mularky insinuated that Adoree wouldn't be seeing the offensive side of the ball in a while. That may be a smokescreen lol.

Agreed, return punts now will be much more exciting Cool

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
Mularky insinuated that Adoree wouldn't be seeing the offensive side of the ball in a while. That may be a smokescreen lol.

I think they drafted him to be a corner & return man first before anything. With what they've added & had on offense prior to his selection, there is no need to add him onto the offensive side of the ball, unless we're missing something. Which hopefully, we're not.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:

I think that's smart. He's still pretty raw. I think it would be good to let him focus on being a DB first.

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus he always falls down. Just watched another game where he falls down in his backpedal and gives up a TD. This is like the 4th time in 5 or 6 games I've watched from 2015-2016. Unless he improves massively, he is a punt returner and #4 CB behind Brice McCain.

I cannot believe he was a first round pick. Outside of his return ability I dont see much to be happy about with him. If being taught technique was easy there would be a lot of athletic guys who became good CBs out of nowhere. A long way to go with that footwork.
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Jesus he always falls down. Just watched another game where he falls down in his backpedal and gives up a TD. This is like the 4th time in 5 or 6 games I've watched from 2015-2016. Unless he improves massively, he is a punt returner and #4 CB behind Brice McCain.

I cannot believe he was a first round pick. Outside of his return ability I dont see much to be happy about with him. If being taught technique was easy there would be a lot of athletic guys who became good CBs out of nowhere. A long way to go with that footwork.

The more I see of him the more I agree with this. Ross killed him during this play http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/12/13611948/john-ross-usc-touchdown-adoree-jackson-video.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

Yeah, I believe there's some legitimate concerns for him defensively. I've already prepared myself for some exciting game changing plays but also some absolute frustraing mistakes, his first couple of years.

The positive thing for me is that you have a lot of talent to work with, for a guy who hasn't had to focus strictly at the CB position. Between Track & Field, playing offense and academics(I think I saw he was trying to graduate early), he's hasn't had to work solely as a CB. With added practice, repetition and coaching, I'm hoping it shores up some of the weaknesses and concerns I have for him.

Hey, and if all else fails at CB, I think he could be a very nice gadget player offensively(plus potentially elite return skills). Laughing

#MTGA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: