You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Was Pacman considered a top 5 CB outside of Tennessee? I remember him being good, but that majority of what I remember about him is with the football in his hands.

Yep, at one point, Pacman was considered a top 5 cornerback and on the track to becoming a shutdown corner. His off the field antics overshadowed that.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to totally derail the thread to Pacman talk but I don't think he ever reached top 5 CB status. He was ascending to that point but never reached it due to his off the field stuff.

During that time, I believe Champ, Nnamdi, Asante Samuel, Charles Woodson, Ronde Barber, and Rashean Mathis were all noticeably better.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have noted that I meant he was a top five corner for that season, he certainly wouldn't have been on a top five list. Never had a chance to establish himself at that level because he was too busy derailing his career at every turn.

Props to mike23md on the sig
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Not to totally derail the thread to Pacman talk but I don't think he ever reached top 5 CB status. He was ascending to that point but never reached it due to his off the field stuff.

During that time, I believe Champ, Nnamdi, Asante Samuel, Charles Woodson, Ronde Barber, and Rashean Mathis were all noticeably better.

In the 06 year, Pacman was the second best corner in the league behind Champ. He was absolutely shut down that year. Extremely special.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson has long speed too. With his track background he can sustain his speed over yards instead of a quick burst and then fade.

That is something we most definitely needed with us being exposed on the deep ball consistently.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just excited to finally add some speed to the defense. Slowest defense in all of football.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Jackson has long speed too. With his track background he can sustain his speed over yards instead of a quick burst and then fade.

That is something we most definitely needed with us being exposed on the deep ball consistently.

Yeah, I don't think anyone can question Adoree's speed and athleticism. My biggest concerns when I watched him was his reliance on that speed and athleticism. I know many said he "baited" QBs into bad choices... but even if that was the case, it's something he can't rely on solely at the next level. Townsend has his hands full to hammer technique before the start of the season.

I think we have to expect some big plays early on on his side... both good and bad. I expect/hope that we see steady improvement as the season wears on. And really, he can't have a worse 1st half of the season than Cox had, right? Right?!?!
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

Yeah, I don't think anyone can question Adoree's speed and athleticism. My biggest concerns when I watched him was his reliance on that speed and athleticism. I know many said he "baited" QBs into bad choices... but even if that was the case, it's something he can't rely on solely at the next level. Townsend has his hands full to hammer technique before the start of the season.

I think we have to expect some big plays early on on his side... both good and bad. I expect/hope that we see steady improvement as the season wears on. And really, he can't have a worse 1st half of the season than Cox had, right? Right?!?!

I think that is where the Asante Samuel comparisons come from. He did a lot of the same. Baiting QBs to throw it his way. He would get a big play, either good or bad. Samuel was still a great corner though. Hopefully with more focus on the position he can hone in on his craft and make more good than bad plays.
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da kid is a baller, all he needs is to get his technique down pack.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope Townsend is an actual decent CB coach. Adoree needs the obvious.... more experience at the position. Working on his technique and developing his man and press coverage and he'll be a damn good CB. He's raw but I like it. Slight reach but his return ability is seond to none in this draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually turns into the best returner in the game.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also keep in mind, pacman struggles his rookie year, were related to his holdout. He missed the majority of the offseason & training camp, because of his contract demands. He was thrown in the fire immediately due to the lack of depth we had in the secondary. We had Andre wolflork at the time as our penciled in starter & he never played a full season nor had starter experience.
We cut Samari Rolle & let Andre Dyson walk in free agency due to cap issues.
Adoree is going to be a cornerstone for our defense trust.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His game against Notre Dame is Shocked

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
His game against Notre Dame is Shocked

He's electrifying
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pick more and more the more I think about it. He may (and will) get burnt some, but I think he is a flat out playmaker. He will take the risks and come away with some big plays. If he can minimize the negatives and the safeties (Byard) can have his back then he will be a good addition.
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine LeBeau will maybe try to go back to more zone. If Jackson keeps things in front of him he's obviously a quick closer and sure tackler. Give him time to get adjusted he could be very solid.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: