You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans Select Adoree Jackson #18 Overall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

.@AdoreeKnows on joining @Titans: "When they picked me, it just felt right. That southern hospitality, I love it."
#NFLDraft

Corey Davis said the same thing basically. There is definitely a culture change in Tennessee and everybody can fee it.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
I would have taken virtually any trade back offer to be honest. Don't even dislike Adoree, just don't think the value was anywhere close to 18 for him.

I wanted a trade back. I hate not having a pick in the 2nd. And if we do get a pick, we have to give up something to move up.

Ehhh..Don't want that.

That is where I give Robinson some negative marks.
But I can't hate the #5 pick. Cause WRs were gone by top 10.

This was their CB choice though.

I also felt that CB was a matter of preference. We all had our preferences of DBs.
There wasn't going to be one DB pick that united us all.

Jackson with his return ability is what makes him an 1st rounder.

Not saying he is Devin Hester, but lets just say he is at worst Devin Hester. Would you have picked Hester in the 1st with his known impact?
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would you have picked Hester in the 1st with his known impact?

Maybe. The almost complete removal of kick returns from the game does a lot of damage to a pure returner. Now, obviously the hope is Jackson is more than that. But the amount of return opportunities in a game are super limited these days.

Props to mike23md on the sig
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
I would have taken virtually any trade back offer to be honest. Don't even dislike Adoree, just don't think the value was anywhere close to 18 for him.

I wanted a trade back. I hate not having a pick in the 2nd. And if we do get a pick, we have to give up something to move up.

Ehhh..Don't want that.

That is where I give Robinson some negative marks.
But I can't hate the #5 pick. Cause WRs were gone by top 10.

This was their CB choice though.

I also felt that CB was a matter of preference. We all had our preferences of DBs.
There wasn't going to be one DB pick that united us all.

Jackson with his return ability is what makes him an 1st rounder.

Not saying he is Devin Hester, but lets just say he is at worst Devin Hester. Would you have picked Hester in the 1st with his known impact?

Nope, still wouldn't have taken Hester in the 1st. That being said, Hester was a full time WR that couldn't catch a cold in college. Jackson could end up being solid, saw somewhere else that he could be plugged in at safety long term so he could play centerfield which would make sense, but I've got much more faith in him developing than Hester after he can focus on one position.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson has made some great coverage plays then some poor plays. Let him focus on CB, get taught a little better technique, and he could be a playmaker in the secondary for us.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny here is that I've been super negative all offseason, but will fully be able to talk myself into supporting both of these picks. Though I still don't love the value on Adoree. My main complaint remains that we forced ourselves into a position where we couldn't consider going BPA with the way we attacked free agency. But alas, what do I know?

TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should've seen this pick coming based off what Robinson said he looks for in a CB.

"Ball skills, tackling, technique, instincts, speed, savvy, versatility important."

#MTGA
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
What's funny here is that I've been super negative all offseason, but will fully be able to talk myself into supporting both of these picks. Though I still don't love the value on Adoree. My main complaint remains that we forced ourselves into a position where we couldn't consider going BPA with the way we attacked free agency. But alas, what do I know?

I didn't feel very differently about our FA choices and the possibilities that we backed ourselves into needs.

But I have a hard time questioning Davis at 5. Yeah, I would have taken Williams, but that's moot at this point. The fact of the matter is that it's likely that Davis was BPA for the Titans at 5. It's easy to say we would have preferred a trade down, but all 3 WRs were gone by the 10th pick. Titans had their pick, and they chose Davis. Hard to argue BPA vs need at that point.

Jackson is more debatable. Maybe the value wasn't there to trade down... but I would have taken a 3rd... and chances of Jackson or White being there in the mid 20's were pretty high. But for all we know the Titans had Adoree as BPA at that point, and didn't want to risk losing him.

Just because I convinced myself both players would be available later doesn't make it so. We upgraded WR, we upgraded CB, and we upgraded PR... all in the 1st round.

We don't have any other huge needs. Yeah, we'd like a S to go along with Byard and Cyprien... we'd like to add a backup TE to Walker... and we'd like to add another WR and/or CB. But we're looking at depth now... all our huge holes have been filled.

It's a good day.... even I can't complain.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I didn't feel very differently about our FA choices and the possibilities that we backed ourselves into needs.

But I have a hard time questioning Davis at 5. Yeah, I would have taken Williams, but that's moot at this point. The fact of the matter is that it's likely that Davis was BPA for the Titans at 5. It's easy to say we would have preferred a trade down, but all 3 WRs were gone by the 10th pick. Titans had their pick, and they chose Davis. Hard to argue BPA vs need at that point.

Jackson is more debatable. Maybe the value wasn't there to trade down... but I would have taken a 3rd... and chances of Jackson or White being there in the mid 20's were pretty high. But for all we know the Titans had Adoree as BPA at that point, and didn't want to risk losing him.

Just because I convinced myself both players would be available later doesn't make it so. We upgraded WR, we upgraded CB, and we upgraded PR... all in the 1st round.

We don't have any other huge needs. Yeah, we'd like a S to go along with Byard and Cyprien... we'd like to add a backup TE to Walker... and we'd like to add another WR and/or CB. But we're looking at depth now... all our huge holes have been filled.

Yeah, the players are fine. I fully understand the Davis pick, even if he wasn't my favorite player. I can live with Adoree and just need to hope that he hits, because his ceiling is pretty high and he can affect the game in a number of different ways.

I'd just rather have added another corner in FA and left ourselves open to take a slipping Foster or even Howard (though maybe not) rather than being locked into a corner. Really though, it all comes down to safety for me. I hate the idea that Searcy is going to be getting a ton of snaps on the back end this coming year. And that there's a real possibility that Supernaw plays 500 snaps on offense. But hey, at least our nose tackle depth is on point. Laughing

My complaints, overall, have been limited today. We attacked need. It's just slightly funny that we so aggressively attacked needs after I was being told that we could still go BPA. I doubt we really thought Davis was the best player on the board. I will certainly accept that we thought the difference between Davis and Adams wasn't large enough to justify taking Adams.

All of it comes back to FA for me. I don't dislike Davis, but if you're telling me right now we could have Pryor and Adams or Davis and Cyprien, it's not even a debate.

Last edited by titans0021 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Great post
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Great post

I agree!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Terry McCormick @terrymc13

Adoree Jackson will be outside at cornerback first, then branch out to learn slot.

-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
Pacman without the off field issues.

Pac was an elite level cover corner.

by the time he hit his stride? absolutely. as a rookie? hell no. they're actually very similar prospects imo.

personally i'm not sure i love the value here, but if he hits it'll be huge. plus my idea of value is clearly off since i thought we could get davis at 18. Laughing
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:
Pacman without the off field issues.

Pac was an elite level cover corner.

by the time he hit his stride? absolutely. as a rookie? hell no. they're actually very similar prospects imo.

personally i'm not sure i love the value here, but if he hits it'll be huge. plus my idea of value is clearly off since i thought we could get davis at 18. Laughing
I mean, his stride was literally his second year in the league when he was the second best returner in football and a top five corner. Not quite sure you can expect that kind of quick adjustment for Adoree.

TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Pacman considered a top 5 CB outside of Tennessee? I remember him being good, but that majority of what I remember about him is with the football in his hands.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: