Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 1.17 (17) DE Jonathan Allen, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
nobody can crap on this pick. apparently his shoulders checked out with alot of teams and were fine btw.

Do you even read my posts?
no because they are nonsense.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's funny

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally don't like B/R but this was good:

Quote:
Before we go any further, let's congratulate this organization for getting this far in the draft without firing an important member of the front office, leaking scandalous rumors about an important member of the front office, or sending some counterproductive mixed message to Kirk Cousins. The Redskins have really grown as a franchise in the last 45 minutes or so.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706180-nfl-draft-2017-round-1-grades-for-every-pick?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
redskins468671

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I'm reading in the shoulders is pretty encouraging. Yes he has arthritis in both of his shoulders but he has played symptom free for two years straight. If we can get 5-7 years of the dominance he showed at Alabama this pick is worth it. I'm just happy that we finally have an interior pass rusher that we have needed for 10+ years. Finally after years of our OLBs pushing QBs to step up in the pocket we'll have a beast to collapse the interior. Another added bonus is that Allen has decent edge rush ability for a guy his size.
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Quote:
Before we go any further, let's congratulate this organization for getting this far in the draft without firing an important member of the front office, leaking scandalous rumors about an important member of the front office, or sending some counterproductive mixed message to Kirk Cousins. The Redskins have really grown as a franchise in the last 45 minutes or so.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706180-nfl-draft-2017-round-1-grades-for-every-pick?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Ahh I'm over this crap. The organization hasn't been nearly as terrible as they've been made out to be. Bruce sucks but they've conducted things as best they could and didn't mess up the draft.
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Quote:

Ahh I'm over this crap. The organization hasn't been nearly as terrible as they've been made out to be. Bruce sucks but they've conducted things as best they could and didn't mess up the draft.

Haters hate

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Quote:

Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Quote:

Haters hate

Methinks neither of you actually read the article. Take a break and read it; the guy rags on most teams. Ours was one of the lighter hits.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the building:

DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Kerrigan is on a lower step there so that's why he looks shorter: about made my eyes bulge when I saw Allen Hulking! Shocked
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
^^^ Kerrigan is on a lower step there so that's why he looks shorter: about made my eyes bulge when I saw Allen Hulking! Shocked

lls Ryan looks like he should be working for "Geeks" tech, why did they do that to my guy. lls Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:

I was more surprised Gruden is as tall as he is ... or is he on a riser/step stool?
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Quote:

Well you and I can't say we don't agree on somethings. Very Happy B/R is such a Redskins hater organization and the grade they gave us for Allen compared to everyone else proves this. Seriously only a B+ for a player that many thought was the top DT in this draft and at a great position of need? Sure B/R
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Quote:

Well you and I can't say we don't agree on somethings. Very Happy B/R is such a Redskins hater organization and the grade they gave us for Allen compared to everyone else proves this. Seriously only a B+ for a player that many thought was the top DT in this draft and at a great position of need? Sure B/R

Grade distribution:
A+: 2 (Thomas plus picks, Lattimore)
A: 5 (Garrett, Adams, McCaffrey, Reddick, Peppers)
A-: 4 (Davis. Barnett, Engram, McKinley)
B+: 9 (Fournette, Ross, Watson, Hooker, Allen, Howard, Harris, Conley, Foster)
B: 4 (Humphrey, Davis, White, Watt)
C+: 3 (Williams, Bolles, Charlton)
C: 4 (Mahomes, Jackson, Njoku, Ramczyk)
D: 1 (Trubisky)

Other than the snark about the front office, there is some risk in taking Allen. If his shoulders are as bad as we fear, then this could be a wasted pick. However, there was no way we could walk away from him, as the value/need proposition was too great. Perhaps we only get three or four years out of Allen before he is unable to lift his arms above his waste without pain. Perhaps his arms completely fall off his body. Or perhaps we just got a steal because people freaked out. Time will tell.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
DCRED wrote:

I was more surprised Gruden is as tall as he is ... or is he on a riser/step stool?
Allen's only 6'3" and Gruden played QB so it's likely accurate.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
DCRED wrote:

Allen's only 6'3" and Gruden played QB so it's likely accurate.

I figured that when I saw the picture, but I had never put two and two together.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: