Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st(5) Corey Davis, WR, WMU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares how fast he is. He's gonna destroy people with AB like route running. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Call me a homer but if both Mariota and Davis are healthy, Davis is a legit ROY candidate.

Here's the stats of the other first round WR picks Mularkey has coached.

Lee Evans-74 targets/48 rec./843 yds./9 TDs
Justin Blackmon-132 targets/64 rec./865 yds/5 TDs
Julio Jones-95 targets/54rec./959 yds/8 TDs

Say we use those guys collective averages as the baseline for Davis's rookie year statline. That'd give him 92 targets/55 rec/889 yds/7 TDs

I think that's a very realistic statline. Probably not good enough for ROY but certainly nice numbers (numbers we've never seen as Titans fan from a rookie) to build on.

#MTGA
Ockham

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Call me a homer but if both Mariota and Davis are healthy, Davis is a legit ROY candidate.

Say we use those guys collective averages as the baseline for Davis's rookie year statline. That'd give him 92 targets/55 rec/889 yds/7 TDs

I think that's a very realistic statline. Probably not good enough for ROY but certainly nice numbers (numbers we've never seen as Titans fan from a rookie) to build on.

That would be like Kevin Dyson's best year.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I know it's usually a QB/RB award but I can see a 75+ catch/1200 yd/10+ season from Davis. I'm just that high on him.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I know it's usually a QB/RB award but I can see a 75+ catch/1200 yd/10+ season from Davis. I'm just that high on him.

I love Davis and think he's going to be a top 5 WR in due time but I highly doubt he'll reach those numbers. Heck, only 1 rookie in NFL history has ever reached those numbers (Odell Beckham Jr.).

Plus with Walker, Matthews and even Murray out there, I don't know if he'd get the necessary targets to get those numbers.

If he were to prove me wrong and have an all time rookie season though...... Shocked

#MTGA
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got time around to watch this year's draft class and Davis is my top WR by far. I see Terrell Owens when I look at him. He's going to be fun for you guys. Best of luck....

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

I love Davis and think he's going to be a top 5 WR in due time but I highly doubt he'll reach those numbers. Heck, only 1 rookie in NFL history has ever reached those numbers (Odell Beckham Jr.).

Plus with Walker, Matthews and even Murray out there, I don't know if he'd get the necessary targets to get those numbers.

If he were to prove me wrong and have an all time rookie season though...... Shocked

Guess you never heard of Randy moss 🤔
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

He was close but he didn't reach the 75 reception mark. He finished just short at 69( Cool ) receptions.

#MTGA
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

He was close but he didn't reach the 75 reception mark. He finished just short at 69( Cool ) receptions.

Yet he had more yards and 5 more TD's. They both had insane rookie years, Beckham did it in 12 games. But to say Moss didn't reach those numbers because he did it with 6 less catches is asinine.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Yet he had more yards and 5 more TD's. They both had insane rookie years, Beckham did it in 12 games. But to say Moss didn't reach those numbers because he did it with 6 less catches is asinine.

Not really.

Moss had one of, if not, the best rookie years of all time. I'm not saying he didn't. However, he did come up just short reception wise of the mark of 75+ rec./1200+ yards/10+ TDs that ttf4l stated.

My main point is that it is extremely rare for any rookie to reach those numbers.

#MTGA
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im more interested in how many receptions he'll have. He's a YAC machine so the yards will come but the catches will show us how involved in the offense he was.

If he even sniffs 60 Ill be a happy camper. Id love to see 60+ catches, 850 yards, 6 TDs. Id call that a successful rookie season.

2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to undersell, but I think something around 55/700/6 is what I'm expecting. Facts are - he's a rookie and we spread the ball around on offense (for the time being, at least). There will be a learning curve.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Not to undersell, but I think something around 55/700/6 is what I'm expecting. Facts are - he's a rookie and we spread the ball around on offense (for the time being, at least). There will be a learning curve.

With 55 receptions, Id like to see his yardage total be closer to 800 rather than 700. 12 YPC is ok for a possession/slot type of guy (Edelman/Landry) but one of Davis' strengths is his explosiveness and ability to generate YAC. Im hoping to see him closer to the 14 YPC mark which would put him around 800 yds with 55 receptions.

Antonio only averaged 12-13 YPC but when your catch volume is so great and you're catching 100+ balls every year that YPC is bound to go down a bit. Not to mention that Antonio is used in many different type of roles where he's lined up all over with less chances to break tackles.

2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't seen this article before... very detailed and the love them some Corey Davis.

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-corey-davis-universal-nod-approval/

Here are some of the shiny charts they used... but there's a lot of good data in there regarding his snap usage (x vs z/slot, success rates vs different coverages, etc). Their bottom line (pre-draft) assessment of his:

Quote:
A universally adored prospect, Corey Davis comes with a clean Reception Perception profile to back-up his claim to be the 2017 NFL Draft’s best wide receiver prospect. He adds play-making dazzle after the catch ability to a craftsman-like approach to route-running in his efforts to separate from defenders.

A sure-fire first-round pick, Corey Davis could assert himself as a Top-15 player and usurp the rights to be the first receiver off the board from Mike Williams with a strong pre-draft process. His Reception Perception results indicate he might already deserve those honors regardless.

Their comparison: Sammy Watkins

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a follow up article on the fits for the WR's after the draft... good stuff...

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-assessing-fit-2017-nfl-draft-first-round-wide-receivers/

Quote:
Marcus Mariota grew into one of the top young anticipatory passers in the NFL last season but never had the weapons to truly make good on that trait. Most of the Titans receiving corps struggles to separate with timing. While Rishard Matthews was a fantasy darling late last season, he profiles in Reception Perception as a pure possession receiver—solid contested catch conversion rate, above average against zones but poor success rates vs. man and press coverage.

Corey Davis runs timing and precision routes such as the out, dig and slant that will mesh well with Mariota’s accuracy and anticipatory passing. Best of all, Davis adds extra juice to the equation when a passer helps throw him into open space by being one of the top prospects this year after the catch. Davis was tremendous at creating with the ball in his hands, and his blend of physicality and athleticism will strike fear into the heart of even the most experienced NFL defenders. Davis broke a single tackle on 51.6 percent of his “in space” attempts and multiple tackles on 22.6 percent. His multiple broken tackle rate was bested only by Louisiana Tech’s Carlos Henderson among prospects charted over the last two years.

Not only did the Titans fill a glaring need for a No. 1 wide receiver by blocking out the noise and picking Corey Davis, they also identified a perfect fit for the style of play their quarterback embodies. Expect Davis to assert himself as one the league’s most productive wideouts before too long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: