Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1(6). Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3810
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets913 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I think he could be a great SS, maybe the best we ever had. I hope we can trade Pryor for a 4th since with Miles and Middleton we have good depth at that position, imo.


No shot a team gives us a 4th for Pryor the way he played last year. Maybe package Richardson and Pryor for a high 3


I really think it's a mistake to trade 2 players who were put in poor positions because the team gave up last year. I'd rather let both walk after the season after confirming they are not cut out for our team. Not to mention Sheldon gives us leverage over Mo if we decide we want to keep one or the other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJerseypaint


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 1323
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
Jets913 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I think he could be a great SS, maybe the best we ever had. I hope we can trade Pryor for a 4th since with Miles and Middleton we have good depth at that position, imo.


No shot a team gives us a 4th for Pryor the way he played last year. Maybe package Richardson and Pryor for a high 3


I really think it's a mistake to trade 2 players who were put in poor positions because the team gave up last year. I'd rather let both walk after the season after confirming they are not cut out for our team. Not to mention Sheldon gives us leverage over Mo if we decide we want to keep one or the other.

I agree. Everyone declined last year - this isn't a reflection of individual talent, it was a reflection of team cohesion and their apathy. These guys are still potential monsters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulieIceman


Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Jets913 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I think he could be a great SS, maybe the best we ever had. I hope we can trade Pryor for a 4th since with Miles and Middleton we have good depth at that position, imo.


No shot a team gives us a 4th for Pryor the way he played last year. Maybe package Richardson and Pryor for a high 3


I really think it's a mistake to trade 2 players who were put in poor positions because the team gave up last year. I'd rather let both walk after the season after confirming they are not cut out for our team. Not to mention Sheldon gives us leverage over Mo if we decide we want to keep one or the other.

I agree. Everyone declined last year - this isn't a reflection of individual talent, it was a reflection of team cohesion and their apathy. These guys are still potential monsters.


I think I have more patience with Pryor than I do Richardson. Sheldon just kinda seems like an idiot who I just dont see staying here no matter the outcome of 2017. Lets see if we can get a 3rd for him, cuz lets face it, thats what he is worth. As for Pryor, I would like to see him get 1 more year, but also wouldnt be all that disappointed if he were traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3810
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Jets913 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I think he could be a great SS, maybe the best we ever had. I hope we can trade Pryor for a 4th since with Miles and Middleton we have good depth at that position, imo.


No shot a team gives us a 4th for Pryor the way he played last year. Maybe package Richardson and Pryor for a high 3


I really think it's a mistake to trade 2 players who were put in poor positions because the team gave up last year. I'd rather let both walk after the season after confirming they are not cut out for our team. Not to mention Sheldon gives us leverage over Mo if we decide we want to keep one or the other.

I agree. Everyone declined last year - this isn't a reflection of individual talent, it was a reflection of team cohesion and their apathy. These guys are still potential monsters.


I think I have more patience with Pryor than I do Richardson. Sheldon just kinda seems like an idiot who I just dont see staying here no matter the outcome of 2017. Lets see if we can get a 3rd for him, cuz lets face it, thats what he is worth. As for Pryor, I would like to see him get 1 more year, but also wouldnt be all that disappointed if he were traded.

See I think Sheldon could stay and go back to his natural position and we let Mo walk. Sheldon has an insane motor and I'd bet a large portion of the locker room preferred that Marshall was gone instead of him. I think it is worth waiting and seeing what we have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PaulieIceman


Joined: 24 Mar 2017
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
PaulieIceman wrote:
NJerseypaint wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
Jets913 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I think he could be a great SS, maybe the best we ever had. I hope we can trade Pryor for a 4th since with Miles and Middleton we have good depth at that position, imo.


No shot a team gives us a 4th for Pryor the way he played last year. Maybe package Richardson and Pryor for a high 3


I really think it's a mistake to trade 2 players who were put in poor positions because the team gave up last year. I'd rather let both walk after the season after confirming they are not cut out for our team. Not to mention Sheldon gives us leverage over Mo if we decide we want to keep one or the other.

I agree. Everyone declined last year - this isn't a reflection of individual talent, it was a reflection of team cohesion and their apathy. These guys are still potential monsters.


I think I have more patience with Pryor than I do Richardson. Sheldon just kinda seems like an idiot who I just dont see staying here no matter the outcome of 2017. Lets see if we can get a 3rd for him, cuz lets face it, thats what he is worth. As for Pryor, I would like to see him get 1 more year, but also wouldnt be all that disappointed if he were traded.

See I think Sheldon could stay and go back to his natural position and we let Mo walk. Sheldon has an insane motor and I'd bet a large portion of the locker room preferred that Marshall was gone instead of him. I think it is worth waiting and seeing what we have.


Yea I wouldnt hate to keep both. But if we can move up to grab a impact player and spread out the resources, it might be tempting. I also believe Richardson is more skilled than Wilkerson, but also believe he is an idiot lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bianconero


Joined: 13 Jul 2013
Posts: 5478
Location: Polo Lounge
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that we have an actual game-day coach and team-figure now (because Bowles is a tin man) is so underrated

Every single one of our players on that side of the ball iis going to get better now
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10719
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
The fact that we have an actual game-day coach and team-figure now (because Bowles is a tin man) is so underrated

Every single one of our players on that side of the ball iis going to get better now


Best attribute about ADAMS. Natural leader and smart. Something we need desperately. We need to shed our selves of lazy players like Mo who have no leadership qualities. I would shop Mo and eat his number this year to pay for 2nd rounder in a heart beat. Not like we need the space this year. Then next year the team who trades takes the contract and gets to decide whether to cut or keep. Sheldon has more talent and despite stupid immature off the field stuff, he wants to win badly. Ill take that everyday. Im biased though, I really don't like Mo.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3810
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
The fact that we have an actual game-day coach and team-figure now (because Bowles is a tin man) is so underrated

Every single one of our players on that side of the ball iis going to get better now


Best attribute about ADAMS. Natural leader and smart. Something we need desperately. We need to shed our selves of lazy players like Mo who have no leadership qualities. I would shop Mo and eat his number this year to pay for 2nd rounder in a heart beat. Not like we need the space this year. Then next year the team who trades takes the contract and gets to decide whether to cut or keep. Sheldon has more talent and despite stupid immature off the field stuff, he wants to win badly. Ill take that everyday. Im biased though, I really don't like Mo.

If that were an option I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. Move Sheldon back to his natural position and see what we have in him before we make a decision on keeping him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8835
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His tackling is incredible. I actually love that he doesn't have a lot of "big" hits. That means he wraps guys up. I think if he can become infectious and show some technique to a guy like Pryor it could really help. I'm trying to think of the last really good tackler like him in a draft class. Kuechly is the only one that comes to mind, but he's a LB not a S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SDotNova


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Posts: 305
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see how Bowles uses Adams, Lee and Pryor. These guys are fast and athletic. We kind of have to figure out a way to let Lee and Pryor roam and attack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10694
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDotNova wrote:
I'm curious to see how Bowles uses Adams, Lee and Pryor. These guys are fast and athletic. We kind of have to figure out a way to let Lee and Pryor roam and attack.
I think Pryor gets traded, but we'll see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SDotNova


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Posts: 305
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
SDotNova wrote:
I'm curious to see how Bowles uses Adams, Lee and Pryor. These guys are fast and athletic. We kind of have to figure out a way to let Lee and Pryor roam and attack.
I think Pryor gets traded, but we'll see.


Possibly. But if they don't trade him, I would like to see the Jets play a lot of the big nickel 4-2-5 alignment. I think it gets their best players on the field. So, something like this

DE: Richardson
NT: Wilkerson
DT: Williams
DE: Mauldin
LB: Lee
LB: Harris
CB: Claiborne
CB: Burris
Hybrid Safety: Adams
SS: Pryor
FS: Gilchrist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 10694
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDotNova wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
SDotNova wrote:
I'm curious to see how Bowles uses Adams, Lee and Pryor. These guys are fast and athletic. We kind of have to figure out a way to let Lee and Pryor roam and attack.
I think Pryor gets traded, but we'll see.


Possibly. But if they don't trade him, I would like to see the Jets play a lot of the big nickel 4-2-5 alignment. I think it gets their best players on the field. So, something like this

DE: Richardson
NT: Wilkerson
DT: Williams
DE: Mauldin
LB: Lee
LB: Harris
CB: Claiborne
CB: Burris
Hybrid Safety: Adams
SS: Pryor
FS: Gilchrist
Yeah, that looks great
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8835
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ready to turn the page on Pryor yet and drafting Adams shouldn't change that. Find a role for him. Hybrid LB is what I like. Let Adams play more that SS role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SDotNova


Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Posts: 305
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I'm not ready to turn the page on Pryor yet and drafting Adams shouldn't change that. Find a role for him. Hybrid LB is what I like. Let Adams play more that SS role.


This is where Bowles is going to have to make his money. He is suppose to be a flexible and very creative coach. We have some talented players that need to be put in a position to succeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group