You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the #4 pick, the Jaguars select Leonard Fournette
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Gotta go OL round 2 and or 3

Agreed. Think we do if a guy like Lamp/Robinson are there. I mean, Caldwell even pointed out that the OL gets help from this, so he knows it isn't in an ideal situation. With TC continuously saying we need to add talent around Blake, it'd make sense.

Lamp/Robinson need to keep faling. Those are my top two OL. Moton is nice too, Ramscyzk is interesting too. Need to watch more of him.

Need a TE at some point too imo with this deep of a draft class, could use an edge as well. Maybe a SAM? CB depth.

Doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised if we took a QB in one of the rds in 2-4.

I doubt those OL fall but we can hope

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with this. Obviously still need to put a competent O-Line in front of him and really commit to the ground game to get the most out of a guy like Fournette...but we really need to do that either way.

With Fournette, we've got a pretty gifted athlete who has the potential to be a legitimate tone setter for this team. Big play potential, grinding ball control ability, and an angry physical style that makes a statement. The type of player on offense that teams will legitimately start to "gameplan" for.

Here's hoping they can put the right pieces around him to get the most out of him. But this should be our answer at RB and a big part of this team's identity on offense for a lot of years to come. Like Freddy T and MJD before... Hopefully... Laughing
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Agreed. Think we do if a guy like Lamp/Robinson are there. I mean, Caldwell even pointed out that the OL gets help from this, so he knows it isn't in an ideal situation. With TC continuously saying we need to add talent around Blake, it'd make sense.

Lamp/Robinson need to keep faling. Those are my top two OL. Moton is nice too, Ramscyzk is interesting too. Need to watch more of him.

Need a TE at some point too imo with this deep of a draft class, could use an edge as well. Maybe a SAM? CB depth.

I like Moton too..then there's Feeney etc.

Lamp and Cam were my top two OL in draft though. So if they somehow fall? Shocked

El Ramster on the sig
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I think Coughlin loves Cam i'm worried about Cam off the field.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
.Buzz wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I like Moton too..then there's Feeney etc.

Lamp and Cam were my top two OL in draft though. So if they somehow fall? Shocked

They made it. Hope its Lamp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trading down and being able to draft Lamp & Robinson would have been better for the team instead of fournette and one of those guys. Honestly we still have no idea what we have in yeldon he has had to run behind the most trash line in his 2 years. Fournette and yeldon could be a nice 1-2 combo but ivory on this team is now pointless, gotta try and unload him.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a bad pick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Love the pick Reply with quote

We got the top runner in the draft and this guy is dangerous. It's a great pick and though it's true we need to tend to the o-line there really were not any o-line guys worthy of a 1st round pick. Hopefully a good one will fall to us in rounds 2 or three or maybe both.

Yes, I believe great offense starts at the o-line! Make that great then add the weapons and g o a l l t h e w a y !
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
what a bad pick

Who would you have preferred? To me who else would you take you're not going to draft a corner, safety or receiver. O-line was not of value at 4, no d-line player was worth taking after ST went off the board. TE was not of value the first one went off the board pick 19 it didn't make sense for a GM to pick a Elite TE over a Elite RB when you can't put the ball in that Elite TEs hands 20-25 times a game. People have been brain washed into this whole notion that you shouldn't draft a RB round 1? Why because Mel Kiper Jr. said so? People say well you can find guys like Davis Johnson ok cool no disrespect to DJ but DJ was drafted where DJ was suppose to be drafted because he was the best RB among his class and he played against small time comp. If David Johnson would have came out in this draft and you knew nothing about what he could do in the league and you stand him next to Fournette and the rest of the RB talent in this draft would you pull the trigger on drafting David Johnson over Fournette? Doubt it. No GM in their right mind would do it. He was never a transcending player like Fournette. Fournette has been the best player on the field at every level since pop warner he has been a phenom. Players like that don't come around that often the only down side with the pick in my eyes is using a pick that high on a position that gets a lot of mileage. I'm not a huge Fournette fan but I can see how a GM would be enamored with his size, and speed measurable. Other then that if you sit back and look it was the only logical pick you could have made. Only other position that could make sense would be QB thats it.
nicky43

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
what a bad pick

Who would you have preferred? To me who else would you take you're not going to draft a corner, safety or receiver. O-line was not of value at 4, no d-line player was worth taking after ST went off the board. TE was not of value the first one went off the board pick 19 it didn't make sense for a GM to pick a Elite TE over a Elite RB when you can't put the ball in that Elite TEs hands 20-25 times a game. People have been brain washed into this whole notion that you shouldn't draft a RB round 1? Why because Mel Kiper Jr. said so? People say well you can find guys like Davis Johnson ok cool no disrespect to DJ but DJ was drafted where DJ was suppose to be drafted because he was the best RB among his class and he played against small time comp. If David Johnson would have came out in this draft and you knew nothing about what he could do in the league and you stand him next to Fournette and the rest of the RB talent in this draft would you pull the trigger on drafting David Johnson over Fournette? Doubt it. No GM in their right mind would do it. He was never a transcending player like Fournette. Fournette has been the best player on the field at every level since pop warner he has been a phenom. Players like that don't come around that often the only down side with the pick in my eyes is using a pick that high on a position that gets a lot of mileage. I'm not a huge Fournette fan but I can see how a GM would be enamored with his size, and speed measurable. Other then that if you sit back and look it was the only logical pick you could have made. Only other position that could make sense would be QB thats it.

All very good points! I think Fournette is the most productive pick any GM could have taken at that spotexcept maybe as you stated a QB. With Fournette we get a great RB that will help both the run game and the pass game and that to some degree helps the o-line. And it certainly is a plus for a team where you have some QB doubts. Fournette actually helps Bortles and I'm just not that big on any of this year's QBs in the draft.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be interested to see how Fournette fits in the shotgun looks that Blake excels in and that Marrone uses a decent amount.

Live like you're down 3-1
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, am on board for the wild ride.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never for once envisioned LeVeon Bell being the back that he turned into getting into the league. Bell was a plotting north and south runner its like he transformed his game he slimmed down and he improved his route running and pass catching and he became a scary weapon.

Fournette has the ability to become that because he has the ability to catch the ball while still remaining athletic while doing it. The ability is there it just needs to be fostered and worked on. I don't think Fournette has completely maxed out his ability he can still add tools to his tool belt.

Thats where I have issues with the pick on is he going to be happy just getting the ball 20x a game and running cats over and blowing by everyone. Or will he truly become a student of the game and add that pass catching aspect to his game and polish it up. That is what is going to make this pick scary for me because I get worried about guys passion for the game.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Will be interested to see how Fournette fits in the shotgun looks that Blake excels in and that Marrone uses a decent amount.

Going to be intetested how we alter the scheme too.

Flaherty is known for using multiple looks, Hackett and Marrone built around strengths in Buffalo. Dont get 9 wins with Kyle Orton at qb by forcing them into something.

Alfie must have got s hint of something too as he said its being revamped to fit the strengths of the team with LF in play...something the last coaching scheme never did.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryPirate wrote:
I think trading down and being able to draft Lamp & Robinson would have been better for the team instead of fournette and one of those guys. Honestly we still have no idea what we have in yeldon he has had to run behind the most trash line in his 2 years. Fournette and yeldon could be a nice 1-2 combo but ivory on this team is now pointless, gotta try and unload him.

You're assuming a trade down option was in play for us...and that we'd get a high 2nd in return

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: