Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the #4 pick, the Jaguars select Leonard Fournette
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: With the #4 pick, the Jaguars select Leonard Fournette Reply with quote

Discuss.

Live life like you're down 3-1

Last edited by iPwn on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick. Big fan of fournette. Will be a perennial pro bowler.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a monster of a back that likely holds down the backfield for the next 7-10 years.

Was RB something I wanted top 5? Ehh. But the guy is a rare talent that gives us a legit run game (especially if our OL continues its job it did to end the season on the ground). Fournette, A-Rob/Hurns hopefully get back on track, Lee, etc. Put up or shutup for Bortles (if we don't trade up for a QB in late 1st) this year. Has a bellcow of a beast behind him and an up and coming defense. It's time.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just getting more pumped about this as time goes on.

I know he's the "boring pick" in some ways as we all expected this to be the pick for the last couple months, but we just got a legitimate playmaker at the RB position that most view as a once every few years type of talent. The guy brings the old school type of gameplay and will wear down defenses quickly. Runs ridiculously angry and is going to be hell for corners/safeties to take down when he makes it to the secondary.

Once Solomon Thomas went, this was a guy at a position of need with "elite" potential. Can't say that about many other players in the draft ouside of Adams/Hooker/Lattimore. All of which are spots we are sitting well/have no need at. Just paid Church is likely is a leader in that secondary, Gipson we aren't giving up on yet, and Ramsey/Bouye is an elite tandem. Although I really liked Lattimore, never saw us taking a CB3 at #4 overall.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only other guy i considered was Adams and there wasnt a great spot for him but he likely is way better than Gipson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Only other guy i considered was Adams and there wasnt a great spot for him but he likely is way better than Gipson

They are like completely opposite in terms of safeties. Adams wouldn't take Gipson off the field, it'd take Church off.

I think I like this pick? I honestly just don't know how to feel about it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted Solomon Thomas but I like LF a lot.

Play good defense, pound the rock with LF, and reduce the amount of turnovers from Blake and we will be in good shape.

Have to address the O-Line soon.

^^el ramster^^
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Back Offseason Champions, indeed.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Back to Back Offseason Champions, indeed.

Thing with this draft so far is we are taking a guy at #4 that isn't a huge risk. This guy is a rare talent that has a chance t be special. Keep getting players like this and hopefully we get out of this black hole.

Take Watson? A guy who had 49 mph velocity on his throws (anything under 55 is considered poor, and that's well under), and take that big of a risk for this franchise? Meh. I would have been excited, sure, as our QB play wasn't ideal last year. But still..

Keep getting these Myles Jacks, Jalen Ramseys, etc. who are seen as very safe (questions around Myles knee, but still) but elite potential type picks and we'll get out of this abyss at some point.

El Ramster on the sig
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta go OL round 2 and or 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you guys, you don't invest millions of dollars in a top 10 pick on a guy with a injury issue that is why Jonathan Allen is sliding all the talk about OJ Howard no GM has bit yet.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette

Last edited by DuvalsKing on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
I told you guys, you don't invest millions of dollars in a top 10 pick on a guy with a injury issues that is why Jonathan Allen is sliding all the talk about OJ Howard no GM has bit yet.

Howard is probably falling because this TE class is great

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
I told you guys, you don't invest millions of dollars in a top 10 pick on a guy with a injury issues that is why Jonathan Allen is sliding all the talk about OJ Howard no GM has bit yet.

Thats what I said it made no sense to take him at 4 he isn't the 4th best player in the draft; plus to me the talent gap between him and everyone in his class is not leaps and bounds over the kid out of Miami and the kid Hodges out of VT is no slouch either and he isn't better than Engram. At least with Fournette you can say by pretty much any analyst they have said Fournette has the the potential to be a generation type talent. Which hopefully when we look back in 5 yrs we can say we would do it all over again. I just hope the kid loves football because after that the talent will follow.
2016:Jalen Ramsey - Jalen Ramsey
2017:Solomon Thomas - Leonard Fournette
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Gotta go OL round 2 and or 3

Agreed. Think we do if a guy like Lamp/Robinson are there. I mean, Caldwell even pointed out that the OL gets help from this, so he knows it isn't in an ideal situation. With TC continuously saying we need to add talent around Blake, it'd make sense.

Lamp/Robinson need to keep faling. Those are my top two OL. Moton is nice too, Ramscyzk is interesting too. Need to watch more of him.

Need a TE at some point too imo with this deep of a draft class, could use an edge as well. Maybe a SAM? CB depth.

Doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised if we took a QB in one of the rds in 2-4.

El Ramster on the sig
.Buzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

Thats what I said it made no sense to take him at 4 he isn't the 4th best player in the draft; plus to me the talent gap between him and everyone in his class is not leaps and bounds over the kid out of Miami and the kid Hodges out of VT is no slouch either and he isn't better than Engram. At least with Fournette you can say by pretty much any analyst they have said Fournette has the the potential to be a generation type talent. Which hopefully when we look back in 5 yrs we can say we would do it all over again. I just hope the kid loves football because after that the talent will follow.

Fournette loves football...guy is a hard worker and has a young daughter. Not worried about that. Just anxiously awaiting to see how we use him. I think he can thrive in most situations personally.

El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: