You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2...QB...Mitch Trubisky...North Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3309
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/869247479459577856/photo/1

This is an interesting breakdown of Trubisky's accuracy at UNC...

73% accuracy within 10 yards...65% accuracy 11-19 yards...42% accuracy over 20 yards...seems to fit what Loggains wants his QBs to do.

Does anyone have passing accuracy by distance stats for the NFL? 42% for 20+ yard throws seems REALLY good.


Not current, but can be a measuring stick. And you're right.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2491902-aaron-rodgers-big-ben-orjay-cutler-ranking-the-nfls-best-deep-passers
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/869247479459577856/photo/1

This is an interesting breakdown of Trubisky's accuracy at UNC...

73% accuracy within 10 yards...65% accuracy 11-19 yards...42% accuracy over 20 yards...seems to fit what Loggains wants his QBs to do.

Does anyone have passing accuracy by distance stats for the NFL? 42% for 20+ yard throws seems REALLY good.


Not current, but can be a measuring stick. And you're right.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2491902-aaron-rodgers-big-ben-orjay-cutler-ranking-the-nfls-best-deep-passers


Lol shows off Tom Brady's tendency as a short to intermediate throw qb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they get him signed this month
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8306
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Lol shows off Tom Brady's tendency as a short to intermediate throw qb

How NFL fans view Brady is strange. He has been "take what they give you" QB for most of his career, but since 2007 a lot of people still consider him to be a downfield passer. That was really the only year when he was throwing bombs on a regular basis.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19907
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Hopefully they get him signed this month
With rookie slotting, there really won't be much negotiation involved. As soon as Garrett signs, Trubisky will sign. It's just a waiting game to see what the bump from last year is going to be.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26828
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Hopefully they get him signed this month
With rookie slotting, there really won't be much negotiation involved. As soon as Garrett signs, Trubisky will sign. It's just a waiting game to see what the bump from last year is going to be.


Garrett sign way back on the 19th of May.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Hopefully they get him signed this month
With rookie slotting, there really won't be much negotiation involved. As soon as Garrett signs, Trubisky will sign. It's just a waiting game to see what the bump from last year is going to be.


Garrett sign way back on the 19th of May.


I remember seeing an article about a week ago asking if Mitch will hold out. I mean the chances of that happening are near zero because they will get him signed. But that speculation is already emerging.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5612
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video I found of Mitch hang cleaning 352lbs during his UNC days... Pretty impressive to say the least. I think his strength and athleticism are two of the most underrated qualities in his game.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Mitch-Trubisky-hang-cleans-352-pounds-53091373
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6916
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Here's a video I found of Mitch hang cleaning 352lbs during his UNC days... Pretty impressive to say the least. I think his strength and athleticism are two of the most underrated qualities in his game.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Mitch-Trubisky-hang-cleans-352-pounds-53091373



That's some big-boy [inappropriate/removed] right there. Lifts like a lineman.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaize4488


Joined: 24 Dec 2015
Posts: 455
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Here's a video I found of Mitch hang cleaning 352lbs during his UNC days... Pretty impressive to say the least. I think his strength and athleticism are two of the most underrated qualities in his game.

http://chi.247sports.com/Bolt/Video-Mitch-Trubisky-hang-cleans-352-pounds-53091373



That's some big-boy [inappropriate/removed] right there. Lifts like a lineman.

Really impressive. I would also prefer to never see him lift that much weight during his whole NFL career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 8306
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought: for as much as Pace was ripped over Trubisky around draft time, I had completely forgotten about the hoardes of mocks featuring Trubisky to the Bears at #3 from like December/January to around the Combine. It was like 50/50 Trubisky and Jon Allen. Funny how that works out...
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dll2000


Joined: 04 Apr 2016
Posts: 517
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely Bears Trubisky stages:

1. Sit, watch and learn whole year. (1-4)
2. Some packages would be prudent I suppose . (4-8 )
3. Might as well see what we got and get him some experience. (9-16)

Smarter just to go total immersion and start from get go and take your lumps. Small chnace you stick with sit the year plan.

Lumps are coming either way. Once season starts all his reps will be 'mental' while Glennon is starting and his 'development' will be marginal at best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChiBear


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 1004
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on with the contract
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5612
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
What's going on with the contract

If something's not done in the next 20 days I'll become concerned. I think it'll happen soon though. Wentz signed on May 12th, Goff June 9th.

EDIT: Looks like Mariota didn't sign his rookie deal with the Titans until July 22.
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sugashane


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 3309
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
What's going on with the contract

If something's not done in the next 20 days I'll become concerned. I think it'll happen soon though. Wentz signed on May 12th, Goff June 9th.

EDIT: Looks like Mariota didn't sign his rookie deal with the Titans until July 22.


I remember there was supposedly a "no surfing" part that he was refusing to sign because of. IDK if there was any truth to the rumor, but there was probably just some language in the contract that needed cleaned up and agreed to on both sides.

These negotiations aren't daily affairs, so I'm not concerned. They likely have a date to meet up and work out the contract matters and will have him signed before training camp.
_________________
2013 Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group