You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2...QB...Mitch Trubisky...North Carolina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
I guess I'm just at the point where I have higher expectations and demand more from the organization. The Cubs and Blackhawks are excellent comparisons because both franchises were beyond horrible but were turned around and have become standard bearers.

Am I being a hypocrite? Maybe a touch. Yes, you need several years to judge a draft both for bad and good. I think the trigger for me is that I was on board with the Pace hire and everything he has had to say publicly but then I'm seeing enough red flags to make me think it's all a bunch of BS and that organizationally speaking its more of the same.

I'm probably not giving Pace enough of a chance but I'm not seeing the culture change that went on with the Blackhawks and Cubs. With the Bears I'm simply feeling like it's the same old song and dance.

Ehhh...I guess I hear ya, to some degree, but the Bears were built up for years as a team that could contend with Cutler as the starter, and it turned out that simply wasn't going to happen. So the roster ended up being kind of old, and slipshod, and changing that around doesn't happen quickly. (And I might add it took the Blackhawks and Cubs a while to do their turnarounds, as well.)
I think they're trending in the right direction now, and it seems like if I'm right, you'll gladly be proven wrong. Smile We went from having a historically bad defense to one that is at least average in a short span of time (while undergoing a radical scheme change), so that makes me a happy camper. We'll see, of course, but my gut feeling is the Bears will be notably better this coming season than many will predict.
G08

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome read on Trubisky:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705441-who-is-mitch-trubisky-the-drafts-top-qb-answers-the-question-everyones-asking

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theonion.com/article/im-just-here-win-football-games-says-22-year-old-d-56014

Quote:
CHICAGO—Saying that he is solely focused on becoming the best quarterback possible, a 22-year-old first-round draft pick who will get most of the franchise leadership fired told reporters Monday that he is “just here to win football games.” “Making it to the NFL has always been my dream, and I’m really excited to go out there and have some fun playing the sport I love,” said the second overall pick, whose poor on-field performance and lack of noticeable improvement over the next three years will lead to the terminations of his head coach, offensive coordinator, head scout, GM, and 70 percent of the front office staff before he himself is released the following season. “I just want to show what I’m made of and leave it all out there for the team. I’m ready to prove myself and help take us to the next level.” The draft pick also added he was excited to deliver a championship to the fans that will one day burn his jersey in effigy.
Tyty

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/article/im-just-here-win-football-games-says-22-year-old-d-56014

Quote:
CHICAGO—Saying that he is solely focused on becoming the best quarterback possible, a 22-year-old first-round draft pick who will get most of the franchise leadership fired told reporters Monday that he is “just here to win football games.” “Making it to the NFL has always been my dream, and I’m really excited to go out there and have some fun playing the sport I love,” said the second overall pick, whose poor on-field performance and lack of noticeable improvement over the next three years will lead to the terminations of his head coach, offensive coordinator, head scout, GM, and 70 percent of the front office staff before he himself is released the following season. “I just want to show what I’m made of and leave it all out there for the team. I’m ready to prove myself and help take us to the next level.” The draft pick also added he was excited to deliver a championship to the fans that will one day burn his jersey in effigy.

Oh, theonion Laughing was confused a second
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:

Quote:

OMG---that's awesome! Laughing
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must Read on Trubisky

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-chicago-hope-spt-0521-20170519-story.html
G08

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Must Read on Trubisky

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-chicago-hope-spt-0521-20170519-story.html

Just came here to post that... outstanding.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
51to54

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on the bandwagon. I wanted a first round pick QB in 2016. Even better that we used a higher draft pick and moved up to get one in 2017 and one that keeps looking better and better with each passing week.

Got Urlacher jersey after we drafted him.

Will make Trubisky next Bear's rookie jersey I'm buying.

Hopefully, it and his jersey won't collect dust until 2018. No disrespect to Glennon, but my best hope for him is to garner us a decent draft pick in a trade after Trubisky forces him to the bench.
G08

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
I'm on the bandwagon. I wanted a first round pick QB in 2016. Even better that we used a higher draft pick and moved up to get one in 2017 and one that keeps looking better and better with each passing week.

Hopefully, it and his jersey won't collect dust until 2018. No disrespect to Glennon, but my best hope for him is to garner us a decent draft pick in a trade after Trubisky forces him to the bench.

That will be my next purchase as well... I just don't know if I want to do the home navy, road white, or the 47 throwback.

51to54

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Must Read on Trubisky

Just came here to post that... outstanding.

Great read indeed.

I gave props to Pace for hiding the Bears' intentions, but the dude is certainly NFL level poker player per the article.

Pace did his homework and made his decision and then to anyone still doubting the trade, went out and made sure he got the guy he wanted.

"If all went well, Pace thought, teams interested in a quarterback would be convinced they would need only to jump in front of the Jets at No. 6 to be positioned properly.

Yet on the first day of the draft, and even more intensely as the Bears' pick closed in, Pace couldn't be certain whether Trubisky would be available at No. 3.

A handful of teams buzzed Pace's phone with trade questions, enough that the GM identified three quarterback-needy teams seriously motivated to trade up to No. 3.

"If they're willing to come to our pick," Pace says, "I also know San Francisco is willing to trade out. What's to say they're not serious enough to (move up) to No. 2?""

If Trubisky is Glennon II, then we will spend a couple of years grousing about the bad trade.

If Trubisky is a Rivers-Brees II and Pace did NOT move up to get him and somebody used SF's pick to take him we will spend a couple of DECADES grousing about not making the trade. Note I'm a guy that is still grousing about the Cutler trade.
Nads786

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed the article immensely. I always forget Fox has a connection in North Carolina.

Who else is pumped for training camp? I can't wait to go this year and see Mitch sling it.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Enjoyed the article immensely. I always forget Fox has a connection in North Carolina.

Who else is pumped for training camp? I can't wait to go this year and see Mitch sling it.

Training camp and you bet your arse I'm going to Pre-Season game #4 Laughing

Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
51to54 wrote:

That will be my next purchase as well... I just don't know if I want to do the home navy, road white, or the 47 throwback.

I already have one being made for me in navy. lol

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
51to54

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
G08 wrote:
51to54 wrote:

I already have one being made for me in navy. lol

SWEET.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Must Read on Trubisky

This article just confirms what we already figured, which was the logic behind the trade: if a team was serious enough to call the Bears trying to move up to #3 for a QB, what was going to stop them from moving up to #2, especially with SF proclaiming they were open for business?

On both the local and national levels, much of the criticism has been focused squarely on the trade. I'm not sure why people can't understand the logic, even if they don't agree with the move.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 31 of 34

Jump to: