You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How many 2018 picks will T-bomb squander tonight?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: How many 2018 picks will T-bomb squander tonight? Reply with quote

If we all remember last year, we traded up twice and it cost us our 3rd and 4th in this years draft. So the question is, how many future picks will our stupid team president waste?

I'll be conservative and predict two 2018 picks.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How many 2018 picks will T-bomb squander tonight? Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
If we all remember last year, we traded up twice and it cost us our 3rd and 4th in this years draft. So the question is, how many future picks will our stupid team president waste?

Oops, I should have over the next 2 days instead of tonight. He did his damage last year on day two and three.
Russ57

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, just maybe, the team knew as early as last year that we weren't going to be able to resign Landry. Landry's idea of worth wasn't inline we what the team felt it was so they were forced to look for a replacement sooner than later. Carroo has been slow to develop but he has shown some of the same heart and passion that Landry has.

Anyhow I'll wait and see before I pass judgement. That said I do indeed wish we had those picks for this draft.....but we don't and that is that!
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: How many 2018 picks will T-bomb squander tonight? Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:

Is there any scenario where you would be OK giving up any 2018 picks that aren't late rounders?
Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: How many 2018 picks will T-bomb squander tonight? Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Deadeye wrote:

Is there any scenario where you would be OK giving up any 2018 picks that aren't late rounders?
As a general rule, it's a bad idea to give up future picks because you don't know what you're giving up. In this years draft, the talent is pretty deep up to about 80 overall. Well we sure could use the picks we traded last year. Lord knows the guys we "had" to have didn't make much of an impact. Another factor here is that we badly overpaid in those trade ups.

Having said that, never say never. But we sure bungled it last year.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who put their foot down, but someone has changed our lame draft philosophy into a much better one. Here is a blurb from Phinsider:

Quote:
This year, despite a record number of trades made across the league, the Dolphins seemed content to sit back and wait for the board to come to them. They did make a trade up in the fifth round, but even then, it was a two spot trade, and they did not lose a pick, only dropping a fifth round pick back into a sixth round pick as compensation. Miamiís other trade was a trade back in the seventh round, while adding a seventh round pick in next yearís draft. The Dolphins were patient this year.

This is how a real front office operates. Use the picks you've got and don't mortgage the future. I wish we had done this last year, we would have had two more picks right in the middle of this deep draft. But what's done is done, and if we handle our picks like this going forward, I'll be quite happy.

Full story:

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/4/29/15489440/nfl-draft-2017-miami-dolphins-five-things-we-learned-charles-harris-raekwon-mcmillan-isaac-asiata
Daryl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked I tell ya! TaBum has a history of throwing picks away like he's making it rain at a strip club. He is my main concern in this front office. I am so happy we made it out of the draft without trading away future picks mainly because there was no reason to. We had a very solid draft IMO without having to do that. I'm hoping he has turned a corner with that approach and is only willing to make trades up for "can't Miss" or what the deem cant miss prospects.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
I was shocked I tell ya! TaBum has a history of throwing picks away like he's making it rain at a strip club. He is my main concern in this front office. I am so happy we made it out of the draft without trading away future picks mainly because there was no reason to. We had a very solid draft IMO without having to do that. I'm hoping he has turned a corner with that approach and is only willing to make trades up for "can't Miss" or what the deem cant miss prospects.
No one really knows where this change came from, but I would expect that Gase put his foot down. A first year head coach that guides a team to the playoffs gains alot of clout. Surely he realized how stupid our trades were a year ago.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
Maybe, just maybe, the team knew as early as last year that we weren't going to be able to resign Landry. Landry's idea of worth wasn't inline we what the team felt it was so they were forced to look for a replacement sooner than later. Carroo has been slow to develop but he has shown some of the same heart and passion that Landry has.

Anyhow I'll wait and see before I pass judgement. That said I do indeed wish we had those picks for this draft.....but we don't and that is that!

I would be pissed if Landry isn't resigned.

Nacho Simulation Football League

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: