Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 1 discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im shocked Dalvin Cook is still available
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
615finest wrote:
Engram over Njoku?? thats interesting

I thought Njoku was the best TE in the draft? /s

Barnett, Sutton, and Dobbs DA GOATZ DOE!!!

Haha. Because I said those players were better than players obviously better than them.

You did plenty with Sutton and you did say Barnett was better than Garrett.... So yes, yes you did.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There goes Njoku to Cleveland
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheDeeeeej wrote:
615finest wrote:
Engram over Njoku?? thats interesting

I thought Njoku was the best TE in the draft? /s

Barnett, Sutton, and Dobbs DA GOATZ DOE!!!

Haha. Because I said those players were better than players obviously better than them.

You did plenty with Sutton and you did say Barnett was better than Garrett.... So yes, yes you did.

I only said Sutton is not a 3rd round pick. If he was healthy last year, he wouldve gone much earlier.

And Barnett actually produced in the SEC. He didn't get his sacks against teams like UT San Antonio.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 went well....
I was for certain we'd get a trade down, but I guess the value wasn't there.

If you told me we leave first round with Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson I'd take it.

Wish we had a trade down though....wanted in the 2nd for "free." I don't want to trade up into the 2nd..

Good day...Good day...
Love the NFL DRaft
capton_cutclass

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think that the phone was ringing off the hook with offers that JROB wasnt listening to...Yes its disappointing we didnt acquire more picks...but you guys have to realize its not an every year event to make draft day trades...some years its just not in the cards.

Realistically, unless you involve future picks, you can only trade with a handful of teams close to your spot...if you have a pick in mind it makes it even harder to pull off. Who would want to part with a 3rd round pick when theres 3-4 guys on their board they didnt think would be available. Denvers board was filled with guys they knew would be there. Bolles and Lamp...SD wants a WR and know they can get at least 2 out the 3 WR.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you told me we leave first round with Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson I'd take it.

Out of curiosity, had I told you we were leaving the first round with Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson having not made a trade, would you still have taken it a few hours ago?

Really though, for me, the major sting is passing on Foster and watching Hooker go to the Colts a few picks in front of us. The picks themselves? Meh, I've been angrier about plenty of picks in the past. Hell, just last year I was far more passionately against Conklin and Dodd than I was Adoree this year.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Out of curiosity, had I told you we were leaving the first round with Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson having not made a trade, would you still have taken it a few hours ago?

Really though, for me, the major sting is passing on Foster and watching Hooker go to the Colts a few picks in front of us. The picks themselves? Meh, I've been angrier about plenty of picks in the past. Hell, just last year I was far more passionately against Conklin and Dodd than I was Adoree this year.

Probs has something to do with you trusting JRob and Mularkey more this year, tbh.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

Probs has something to do with you trusting JRob and Mularkey more this year, tbh.
Somebody hasn't been following 90% of my posts since free agency started. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cheap WR or CB in FA would make us really need WR or CB less. I don't think depth makes us need starters less, it just improves depth.

Getting Alshon Jeffrey or another one of the top CBs on top of Ryan is about the only thing that would stop us from drafting who we did.
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears definitely threw a wrench in our plans today most likely, and the way other picks panned out there was just no value to be had trading down at 18. Too many defensive guys slid down.

I wasn't in love with either pick initially, but both will be starters by their second year (if not this year). Second round would be nice, but would like to avoid a 3rd this year and a 2nd in 2018 to get there. I trust J-Rob, and who knows, he has enough equity to let his plan unfold. Wouldn't be surprised at trades this weekend, or future vet moves that improve the team.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Quote:

I still don't understand this trade down stuff to get Davis.

What makes Davis worth the 12th overall pick but not the 5th? I'm waiting on someone to educate me there.

#MTGA
-Hope-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll say this: coming into today one of our biggest weaknesses- probably THE biggest weakness- was a severe lack of athleticism on the perimeter on both sides of the ball. suffice to say that's certainly not an issue any more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to come in and say I thought you guys hit it out of the park with your 1st round today. A few months ago I said Adoree was at the level of Jason Verrett would go in the mid-late first. The same time I also said Corey Davis is a top 10 receiver. So obviously those are my selfish/bragging thoughts but I really still to this day believe those picks were worth.

We saw with the WR run early that Davis wasnt making it anywhere near 18, and with the Conley/Jones fall Adoree was sure to be unanimously one of the top CBs. Good luck in the later rounds!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis and Jackson isn't a bad first.

Personally, if we had walked away with Jamal Adams and Rueben Foster... that would take our defense to another level.

Didn't like how early we took Davis, but given all 3 WRs were taken top 10, can't hate too much that we landed our choice of all of them.

Jackson I think could develop for us and be an elite CB... but he could also end up busting. Lotta risk with the pick, but the brass seems sold on him.
Cant spell choke without OKC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: