You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Day Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a video on the Falcons website:

"We took Damontae more as a safety or nickel, not necessarily to play outside"
-TD
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swoosh


Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 11795
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
In a video on the Falcons website:

"We took Damontae more as a safety or nickel, not necessarily to play outside"
-TD
you've always been slow.

swoosh wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
And tbh there isn't really zero need for a CB. They've talked about moving to Poole to FS and behind him is a former wide receiver, a 7th round pick and a guy who's bounced around the league. They could have drafted him to move to FS to keep Poole at corner or just as insurance over the 3 guys mentioned before.
falcons apparently told him he'll play either safety or nickel.

_________________

thesickness89 ^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
adam9 wrote:
In a video on the Falcons website:

"We took Damontae more as a safety or nickel, not necessarily to play outside"
-TD
you've always been slow.

swoosh wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
And tbh there isn't really zero need for a CB. They've talked about moving to Poole to FS and behind him is a former wide receiver, a 7th round pick and a guy who's bounced around the league. They could have drafted him to move to FS to keep Poole at corner or just as insurance over the 3 guys mentioned before.
falcons apparently told him he'll play either safety or nickel.

Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 1583
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takk will be a day one contributor to our pass rush. He's got a lot of work to do but the talent is undeniably there. A

Duke will be the starting WILL hopefully midway into the season. His football IQ, instincts, and athleticism should make him a beast at WILL next to Debo. I'd like to see us stick Campbell at the SAM backer position that a lot of us thought he might play when we drafted him last year. He's an upgrade over Wheeler and Reed imo, and we never really ended up playing Beasley there. But the skill set for Campbell to be an effective SAM is definitely there. Not the most instinctive player, but he's long, physical, athletic, and he can set the edge. Back to Riley though, another element that he brings is his that he's an excellent special teamer, which is great considering that we just lost one in Worrilow. A

Don't really like the Harlow pick, thought it would have been worth it for us to give a 2018 pick to move up for Dorian Johnson, but that's just me. But I do think that he was the guy to take if we were staying put at 136, because I like the versatility and bloodlines. C+

Love Kazee. Didn't know much about him other than the fact that he had a lot of picks last year, but his physicality and ball hawking skills make him a perfect fit at both nickel and safety. I like Poole, but I think Kazee has a real shot of beating him out for a starting spot this upcoming season. A

Brian Hill is pretty damn good. No real weaknesses to his game at all. Hasn't played against the highest level competition, but the film checks out and his size/athleticism checks out for him to make it as a successful NFL running back. A

Eric Saubert was a pick worth taking the gamble on. A guy with hands that big shouldn't have this big of a case of the dropsies, and I don't believe he had a QB with the arm strength of Brett Favre tossing him the rock at Drake either. He's got a long way to go, and I don't think he ends up on the active roster this year. I actually don't think he makes it in the NFL at all, but that's something that only time will tell. Good player to take a little gamble on, but I would have preferred Hodges in that situation. B

The draft definitely comes to be an A for me overall. A factor that I think is just as important as the fit of these players' skill set on our roster is the fit of their character. The brotherhood on this team has become huge and every player buying in has paid off huge dividends, and these guys will fit right in. Great job DQ+TD.
_________________
Adopt a Falcon: Julio Quintorris Lopez Jones
80 receptions, 1029 yards, 6 TDs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 15827
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Takk will be a day one contributor to our pass rush. He's got a lot of work to do but the talent is undeniably there. A

Duke will be the starting WILL hopefully midway into the season. His football IQ, instincts, and athleticism should make him a beast at WILL next to Debo. I'd like to see us stick Campbell at the SAM backer position that a lot of us thought he might play when we drafted him last year. He's an upgrade over Wheeler and Reed imo, and we never really ended up playing Beasley there. But the skill set for Campbell to be an effective SAM is definitely there. Not the most instinctive player, but he's long, physical, athletic, and he can set the edge. Back to Riley though, another element that he brings is his that he's an excellent special teamer, which is great considering that we just lost one in Worrilow. A

Don't really like the Harlow pick, thought it would have been worth it for us to give a 2018 pick to move up for Dorian Johnson, but that's just me. But I do think that he was the guy to take if we were staying put at 136, because I like the versatility and bloodlines. C+

Love Kazee. Didn't know much about him other than the fact that he had a lot of picks last year, but his physicality and ball hawking skills make him a perfect fit at both nickel and safety. I like Poole, but I think Kazee has a real shot of beating him out for a starting spot this upcoming season. A

Brian Hill is pretty damn good. No real weaknesses to his game at all. Hasn't played against the highest level competition, but the film checks out and his size/athleticism checks out for him to make it as a successful NFL running back. A

Eric Saubert was a pick worth taking the gamble on. A guy with hands that big shouldn't have this big of a case of the dropsies, and I don't believe he had a QB with the arm strength of Brett Favre tossing him the rock at Drake either. He's got a long way to go, and I don't think he ends up on the active roster this year. I actually don't think he makes it in the NFL at all, but that's something that only time will tell. Good player to take a little gamble on, but I would have preferred Hodges in that situation. B

The draft definitely comes to be an A for me overall. A factor that I think is just as important as the fit of these players' skill set on our roster is the fit of their character. The brotherhood on this team has become huge and every player buying in has paid off huge dividends, and these guys will fit right in. Great job DQ+TD.

This seems about fair. Only pick I was sort of meh about was Harlow, and it wasn't because of him, it was because of the perceived "reach". Everyone else was taken about where they were projected or even a little lower than projected. Every player taken has some sort of overly redeeming qualities. Worst case scenario a guy like Haubert doesn't work out or Harlow, we used a fourth/fifth and took a chance on a guy we thought had a chance to be special.

I feel like we know 100% what we're getting from Takk, Duke, and Hill. A situational rusher right now that could grow into more with improvement, a speedy LB to add to our LB corp that could compete to start this year or sometime soon, and a 3rd RB who has a little bit more power than we have with our 1-2 backs.

The other 3 are a little bit more unknown. Harlow could compete at RG this year, we will see. OL taken this deep are either usually rushed to play and suck, rushed to play and are surprisingly good, or are career backups. I would be fine with the last two. He's tough and versatile, but he isn't overly athletic or strong in any fashion. Kazee is easily my favorite of the 3 on this list. He has average athleticism for a aguy of his stature, but he finds the ball and he is a solid tackler. Played CB but we are moving him to FS to compete with Rico this year IMO. Coming out of college I expect more from Kazee than I did Rico who was drafted in a similar spot tbh. Time will tell. Lastly, Haubert. Big and athletic. That's about it. He isn't overly good at running routes and definitely not even used to blocking at all. He also had some drops. I think get him in, teach him, coach him, and maybe he can be serviceable at some point.

All in all, 0 wasted picks. A class that comes in and helps us immediately. A class where at least 5 if not all 6 will make the 53.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group