You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Day Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was really who I was hoping for at 31, soo trading up means we probably knew he'd be gone. Makes sense to me..

What did we give up? A 4th or 5th?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave up our 3rd and 7th.... Ouch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder when how long he's out with his shoulder injury.
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks to lose a third but i trust the staff here. the last couple of guys they traded up for turned out alright.

thesickness89 ^
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I wonder if they try to move back out of the 2nd. I still would like to see a: DT, OG. LB.
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we trade back from our second pick and get another pick

Him dropping the F bomb on national Tv is enough for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Also I wonder if they try to move back out of the 2nd. I still would like to see a: DT, OG. LB.

DT - Upshaw, Hageman, Jarrett, Poe
LB - Jones, Campbell, Reynolds, Takk, Reed, Ishmael somewhat

Outside high round studs, those are spots we could use purely depth at. The rotation is mainly set at both spots, dont think we need to address those, although we could if its BPA.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:

Outside high round studs, those are spots we could use purely depth at. The rotation is mainly set at both spots, dont think we need to address those, although we could if its BPA.

DT- Poe, Jarrett, Hageman, Upshaw
EDGE- Beasley, Takk, Reed
DE/DT- Crawford, Clayborn Shelby
LB- Jones, Campbell, Reynolds, Ishmael

2015 Adopt-A-Falcon

DE/DT Adrian Clayborn
DT Grady Jarrett
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read up all on Tak, he overslept on a recruiting visit in high school to Cal (where he signed with out of high school) because he had a bed to sleep in there and he hadn't had one to sleep in for months. Also he helped his grandma collect cans as a kid so they wouldn't be homeless. He doesn't know his dad, and his mom decided she didn't want to raise him at 5 years old.

I love his passion. Has all the makings of a potential star (not for what's listed above moreso because of his passion and his tape/combine). I'm partial to SEC guys, which is why I wanted Harris. Saw him play and dominate personally. Didn't watch too many UCLA games, but watch the highlights. Kid plays hard. Combine that with being strong, fast (4.54) and versatile, he should fit in just fine. I feel like our defense is one of the more versatile Ds in the league rn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:

DT- Poe, Jarrett, Hageman, Upshaw
EDGE- Beasley, Takk, Reed
DE/DT- Crawford, Clayborn Shelby
LB- Jones, Campbell, Reynolds, Ishmael

I'm imagining pass rushing situations with Vic/Jarrett/Clayborn/Tak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely hate the pick. He is a one trick pony(speed rush) and he even isnt great at that.

He has no power. He has no other moves but his speed. He is not a end. He should play the same SAM spot that Beasley plays.

The front office should get a pass for their great drafting these past two years, but Im not sure if I can with a guy that I absolutely hate.

Draft Breakdown:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/4/26/15401182/takkarist-mckinley-scouting-report-ucla-footbal

#JDI
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
I absolutely hate the pick. He is a one trick pony(speed rush) and he even isnt great at that.

He has no power. He has no other moves but his speed. He is not a end. He should play the same SAM spot that Beasley plays.

The front office should get a pass for their great drafting these past two years, but Im not sure if I can with a guy that I absolutely hate.

Draft Breakdown:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2017/4/26/15401182/takkarist-mckinley-scouting-report-ucla-footbal

My guess is he will be a situational pass rusher for us. Maybe he develops into an every down player, maybe not.

I'll have to do some more research. Haven't watched film only highlights. I mean, his production speaks volumes though. I don't think he's as ineffective as you're making it sound, but who knows. I hope you're wrong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine me later!! Haha. Love the pick. Takk is a straight dog on the field. Everything he needs to improve on are things that can be coached. What you can't coach is his speed (insane burst), long arms and motor. Might be some growing pains early on with him but I have complete faith in DQ to mold this guy into a beast. I see him playing SLB on running downs and LEO on passing downs. Think Bruce Irvin in Seattle.

Wasn't too happy when I first herd what we gave up. But it seems like Gbay and/or Dallas would have taken him. Saints also had interest as well. DQ and TD earn the benefit of the doubt with the recent drafts and TDs trade targets.
DutchFalcon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarren wrote:
Wasn't too happy when I first herd what we gave up. But it seems like Gbay and/or Dallas would have taken him. Saints also had interest as well. DQ and TD earn the benefit of the doubt with the recent drafts and TDs trade targets.

I feel exactly the same. I'm not that confident Takk will be that great in the pro's. I'm not sure how he'll hold up against the run and the injury is still a concern.

I'd have preferred Watt, or maybe a tradedown and grabbing Rivers or Willis. Or maybe Lamp, Melifonwu or Baker.
Still, in TDDQ I trust.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

Draft Breakdown:

beasley doesnt play sam

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: