Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Day Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Day Discussion Reply with quote

The last two drafts during the Quinn have been amazing so far so lets see if we can make it 2 in a row!
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Names I've been seeing linked to us on twitter/rumor sites today... Reddick, Engram, McKinley, Harris, Willis.

One rumor is we're looking to move up around 5 spots to get Engram. Would be interesting...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep hearing that we want to jump up in the draft. Who do u think it will be? I'm hoping it's for Riddick or Barnett.
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
I keep hearing that we want to jump up in the draft. Who do u think it will be? I'm hoping it's for Riddick or Barnett.

If Reddick or Barnett fall into the late teens, look for us to make a move IMO. If they get taken top 15, idk who we may target in a trade up. Like I said I've seen Engram as a name at TE, also seen Harris and Lamp as guys that we may have to trade up for.

I am almost 100% convinced we don't pick at 31. Either a trade up or down

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

If Reddick or Barnett fall into the late teens, look for us to make a move IMO. If they get taken top 15, idk who we may target in a trade up. Like I said I've seen Engram as a name at TE, also seen Harris and Lamp as guys that we may have to trade up for.

I dont have a problem with Engram. But to trade up for him would be stupid. I don't see him going in the first round. But that's just my opinion.
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

I dont have a problem with Engram. But to trade up for him would be stupid. I don't see him going in the first round. But that's just my opinion.

I somewhat agree about trading up for him, but I could see him sneaking into round 1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

I somewhat agree about trading up for him, but I could see him sneaking into round 1.

I can't see it. I see the kid from Miami going to NYG and then after that, I don't see another team that's gonna worry about a TE. We are in serious need of a DE and RG. I'd be happy with Jake Butt in the later rounds than trading up for Engram.
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

I can't see it. I see the kid from Miami going to NYG and then after that, I don't see another team that's gonna worry about a TE. We are in serious need of a DE and RG. I'd be happy with Jake Butt in the later rounds than trading up for Engram.

Engram is getting mocked a lot in the first, the reason I don't care a whole lot for it is I think we already have a receiving TE in Hoop. Engram is dynamic though for sure. I'm not sure we "need" a DE necessarily. We need to improve our pass rush. A specialty rusher, even in round 1 would be well worth it IMO. Definitely need an RG. Really like Asiata from Utah in round 2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could pick any position out of DE S OL TE

I would honestly like to see baker if there are no good DE options or lamp is gone

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
mjmiller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

Engram is getting mocked a lot in the first, the reason I don't care a whole lot for it is I think we already have a receiving TE in Hoop. Engram is dynamic though for sure. I'm not sure we "need" a DE necessarily. We need to improve our pass rush. A specialty rusher, even in round 1 would be well worth it IMO. Definitely need an RG. Really like Asiata from Utah in round 2.

I mean I get what u're saying on "need" but when 1 player has almost half ur sacks, it needs to get better. Clayborn is injury prone. Don't know how Shelby is gonna do. And with guys like Barnett or Riddick, they could come in and produce right away. My fav player is Hooker. I'd love for him to be our new FS.

As far as guards go, I like Asiata, Johnson and Feeny. So any of them in the later rounds would be fine with me. Just don't wanna trade up in the first to grab an OG when we don't need to.
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
adam9 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:

I mean I get what u're saying on "need" but when 1 player has almost half ur sacks, it needs to get better. Clayborn is injury prone. Don't know how Shelby is gonna do. And with guys like Barnett or Riddick, they could come in and produce right away. My fav player is Hooker. I'd love for him to be our new FS.

As far as guards go, I like Asiata, Johnson and Feeny. So any of them in the later rounds would be fine with me. Just don't wanna trade up in the first to grab an OG when we don't need to.

I think between Clayborn, Crawford, Shelby, Reed, we could suffice at DE tbh. Think we just need a rusher to pair with Beasley on passing downs. I agree a guy like Barnett or Reddick who can do a lot more than just rush would be nice, but may be too steep of a price to trade up and get.

I agree with all 3 of those guards. All could be our potential starting RG if taken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
I think we could pick any position out of DE S OL TE

I would honestly like to see baker if there are no good DE options or lamp is gone

Same. Budda is going to be a very good FS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks having to wait so long for our pick.
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
wish we had to wait 10 mins longer. Crying or Very sad

thesickness89 ^
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
wish we had to wait 10 mins longer. Crying or Very sad
Ikkkkkk it sucksss but we always got this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: