You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Promote" an Underrated Game Here!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: "Promote" an Underrated Game Here!! Reply with quote

Everyone knows about the popular games that gets tons of exposure, but what about the amazing games that don't get it?

Let's name some games that are under the radar for others to find out about!

I have a few on PC that might peak some interest of fellow posters...

STARDEW VALLEY - Who would think building a farm would be fun? Your many activities include mining, fishing, cooking, combat, rebuilding a community and more!

PORTAL KNIGHTS - Fun little RPG with a Minecraft approach to it.

FORGE QUEST - Another fun RPG that uses some really old school graphics.

Share some more of your unknown gems!
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
STARDEW VALLEY - Who would think building a farm would be fun? Your many activities include mining, fishing, cooking, combat, rebuilding a community and more!

This game may not get talked about a ton here but there's not a chance in hell it should ever be considered an underrated game. It's one of the most popular games of the past yearish.

I think This War of Mine and Trackmania are slightly underrated games that everyone should play.
Lions017

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Mega Baseball is a really fun arcade baseball game. The characters are cartoony, but the physics are surprisingly realistic, the controls are solid, and all of the baseball mechanics are simple and fun.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stardew valley gets nothing but love. How is it underrated lmao
Tyty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watchdogs 2. Nobody gave it a chance cause they didn't like the first one (which I thoroughly enjoyed). But it's a beautiful game with a decent series of stories and definitely replayable for me.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayonetta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOOM
HighHopes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill probably add more later, but off the top of my head.

Divinity: Original Sin - for the people who want fairly free form RPGs.
salmar80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civilization VI hype died down in a poof. The DLC pricing fiasco aside, it's a FANTASTIC game that I will play for years to come.

And it can still be improved upon and/or refreshed with real expansions.
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:

Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, but I couldn't get into Divinity: Original Sin despite being a huge fan of games like Baldur's Gate and Arcanum. I couldn't get interested in the world or story and wasn't having fun with the combat.
Pillars of Eternity on the other hand was one of my favourite gaming experiences ever when I played through it all (including expansions) early this year.

Most of the games I've played and really enjoyed recently have been relatively high profile (Nioh, Dishonored 2, Resident Evil 7, Total War games) but there are two PC games that I love that I haven't heard much about:

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is basically a new Commandos game (if you remember those) but less frustrating and set in Feudal Japan. There's even a demo that was released before the full game and that sold me on it.

Hyper Light Drifter is a top-down RPG with fantastic music and a great combat system that gets better as the game goes on.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Tactics looks like Commandos with ninjas.

D#######
Lions017

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, but I couldn't get into Divinity: Original Sin despite being a huge fan of games like Baldur's Gate and Arcanum. I couldn't get interested in the world or story and wasn't having fun with the combat.
Pillars of Eternity on the other hand was one of my favourite gaming experiences ever when I played through it all (including expansions) early this year.

Most of the games I've played and really enjoyed recently have been relatively high profile (Nioh, Dishonored 2, Resident Evil 7, Total War games) but there are two PC games that I love that I haven't heard much about:

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is basically a new Commandos game (if you remember those) but less frustrating and set in Feudal Japan. There's even a demo that was released before the full game and that sold me on it.

Hyper Light Drifter is a top-down RPG with fantastic music and a great combat system that gets better as the game goes on.

How difficult is Hyper Light Drifter? I almost picked it up a few weeks ago, but some talk about the game being really difficult scared me off.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

I will say, I played it all co-op so the world and story didn't matter as much. It has a unique character about the world similar to like a Fable, so its a nice compliment to two people playing the game, but not necessarily paying the closest attention, but the story probably wasnt great.

How far did you get into the game? It's pretty bad early on since you don't have much powers, but the freedom of the game to build any type of character you want is really nice. You can make a melee tank does uses fire magic, etc.

I would definitely recommend this game co-op with someone who you can cooperate with.
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
Shadow Tactics looks like Commandos with ninjas.

Pretty much. And you can queue up moves for everyone which is pretty great.

Lions017 wrote:
How difficult is Hyper Light Drifter? I almost picked it up a few weeks ago, but some talk about the game being really difficult scared me off.

It's not an "easy" game, but personally I never felt really stuck. If you visit areas in a particular order it's going to be easier, and you'll quickly figure out if you're in over your head if one area seems to be overly tough. I even beat a couple of the bosses on my first attempt. It will test you here and there though.

Last edited by TheChad on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
TheChad wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

I will say, I played it all co-op so the world and story didn't matter as much. It has a unique character about the world similar to like a Fable, so its a nice compliment to two people playing the game, but not necessarily paying the closest attention, but the story probably wasnt great.

How far did you get into the game? It's pretty bad early on since you don't have much powers, but the freedom of the game to build any type of character you want is really nice. You can make a melee tank does uses fire magic, etc.

I would definitely recommend this game co-op with someone who you can cooperate with.

I played it alone and only played for maybe 5 hours. I kept having to run around talking to every single person in town trying to figure out where to go next in my quests, and combat was brutal after I left the town. I can't remember how I built my character, but I kind of had the feeling that I did a bad job of it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: