Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Draft Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Gross. Hate this pick. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

Wasting a roster spot on a crap QB who won't develop instead of maybe getting depth where it could make a difference.

Awful pick.

You might not like the pick but in no way can you call it awful... its tremendous value. 3rd round value QB late in the 5th. He is BPA at this point.

Yeah ya can. Obviously he isn't a third round value QB, because he'd have been drafted in the third round then.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Wasting a roster spot on a crap QB who won't develop instead of maybe getting depth where it could make a difference.

Awful pick.

You might not like the pick but in no way can you call it awful... its tremendous value. 3rd round value QB late in the 5th. He is BPA at this point.

Agree with this.

IMO the "needs" left are a number 2 TE, DL depth and S depth. Bills can still address one today and the rest in UDFA.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

Yeah ya can. Obviously he isn't a third round value QB, because he'd have been drafted in the third round then.

You're not leaving us are you? Crying or Very sad

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who makes the team... Peterman or Jones. I assume Yates will make the team to add a veteran backup.

Seems like McDermott wanted to get his guy instead of having Cardale as the QB of the future.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

When I was higher on him earlier this off-season, I thought he had 4th round value. I pulled back from him due to that 49 mph ball. It's too slow for a starter. Again, I think he can have a long career as a back-up. He's smart and has proven himself in a pro-style offense. We can do better next year though, so think this was a wasted pick.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

[EDIT] - And check out 2011...slow balls on this team. Don't like it because of all the time DB's have to react.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!

Last edited by Yibbyl on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Clay‏Verified account @MikeClayNFL 4m4 minutes ago
More
Bills ended up doing a nice job at the QB spot this offseason. Brought Tyrod back. Waited and landed a value backup/devy in Peterman

Many pundits seem to share this view.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

We're gonna suck regardless. Laughing

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

But without you I feel I'm one of the more pessimistic posters Wink

Also I just saw that that pick where we took Peterman was the pick we got from Matt Cassell. #winning

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Beast M0de

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

Keep being you man. Don't think I've ever met such a pessimisti/ Debbie downer as a fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanner Vallejo, OLB, Boise State.

Wraps up 2017 NFL draft for us. Pretty damn happy with it as a whole. Hope we take a few chances on UDFAs.

Just no to Swag Kelly..

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast M0de wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

Keep being you man. Don't think I've ever met such a pessimisti/ Debbie downer as a fan.

I don't really know how you can call it pessimism when I've usually been proven right. Wink

bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Beast M0de wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Awful pick.

I don't really know how you can call it pessimism when I've usually been proven right. Wink

Lol then why watch? Posting on a message board about your team sucking arse brings you joy? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

Wraps up 2017 NFL draft for us. Pretty damn happy with it as a whole. Hope we take a few chances on UDFAs.

Just no to Swag Kelly..

+1 on no to Kelly and frankly don't think we have to be concerned...which, of course, means we'll pick him up as a favor to Jim! If we do that, I wonder if we could stuff him on IR, give him a playbook, and wait to see if he pulls another "Chad" or if he could possibly grow up some over the next year. Again, with McDermott around, doubt it is an option.

I have mixed emotions regarding this draft. Maybe I'll embrace the Peterman pick as being a smart, cheap long term solution to the back-up spot. Right now, it felt like a wasted pick. Also, after trading back in a deep draft at a lot of positions and still ending up with only 6 picks was disappointing to me. Yes, I'm thrilled we got that late 1st round pick coming to us next year, but I think we gave away a few too many valuable picks this year.

I like that we addressed the CB & WR spots with what looks like quality players. I also want to embrace our new O-lineman, but am nervous he won't be able to stay outside at RT. The two late LB's just tell me that at this point we are gambling and hoping one of them over-achieves instead just contributing to special teams.

Given that my main goal was to position ourselves for a QB next year, maybe I should just focus on our extra 1st rounder next year and call the draft a resounding success.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, the Bills filled out some holes with clean character guys that can stay in the league for 5-10 years. Nothing too flashy but high quality guys and the first next season is amazing on paper.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Just no to Swag Kelly..

+1 on no to Kelly and frankly don't think we have to be concerned...which, of course, means we'll pick him up as a favor to Jim! If we do that, I wonder if we could stuff him on IR, give him a playbook, and wait to see if he pulls another "Chad" or if he could possibly grow up some over the next year. Again, with McDermott around, doubt it is an option.

I have mixed emotions regarding this draft. Maybe I'll embrace the Peterman pick as being a smart, cheap long term solution to the back-up spot. Right now, it felt like a wasted pick. Also, after trading back in a deep draft at a lot of positions and still ending up with only 6 picks was disappointing to me. Yes, I'm thrilled we got that late 1st round pick coming to us next year, but I think we gave away a few too many valuable picks this year.

I like that we addressed the CB & WR spots with what looks like quality players. I also want to embrace our new O-lineman, but am nervous he won't be able to stay outside at RT. The two late LB's just tell me that at this point we are gambling and hoping one of them over-achieves instead just contributing to special teams.

Given that my main goal was to position ourselves for a QB next year, maybe I should just focus on our extra 1st rounder next year and call the draft a resounding success.

Round 5-7 is all about gambling on the upsides of players, taking backups and depth, so I don't really think we did bad there late. I don't like the QB selection though, agree there, but value wise I guess I understand it.

We came away with 2 definite starters, and a likely third in Dawkins. It seems like he'll compete to start at RT. I really can't complain. We addressed our 3 biggest needs. Would have like to have kept the two thirds as it would've meant another starter most likely, but coming away with my #1 target on day 2 in Zay Jones makes me a happy man. Think he's the 3rd best in the draft behind Corey Davis and Mike Williams.

Oh the that extra 1st next year is just amazing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: