You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Official Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trade in the 1st?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. We got one right on the Group Mock!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Sickels! You #$%$%^#$%#%s!

Huh? It was Adams.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Sickels! You #$%$%^#$%#%s!

Huh? It was Adams.

I was willing them to make a decent pick. Didn't know that Adams was still on the board. Happy with it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams seems like a ST ace and solid depth pick. Seems like more of an edge guy, though. Can't complain if he can produce a little.
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
Ward4HOF wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
In my mind, I'm just switching the rounds for Dobbs and Allen.

I'm not sure why...Dobbs was ranked higher than Allen on most boards I've seen. Dobbs wasn't a bad value pick at all, just an unpopular position on this forum; not sure why though, considering we don't have a decent backup that anyone is happy with; fans bring up Mett, but what has he proven, exactly? I'd rather give the smart guy a shot...but that's how us stupid guys usually like to defer... Laughing

He was bad value for us. Is a #2 QB really priority enough to spend a 4th round pick on when we were one game away from the Super Bowl? 98% of Steeler Nation says: "NOOOOO!!"

Considering how much QB talent is in the class next year, it seems like a complete waste of a pick.

FIFY...who are you comfortable with on our roster as our #2? That's my point; I'm looking at Dobbs as developing as our #2, and yes, I do think he could be our #2, I mean, how much worse could he be than Landry? Dobbs literally, is a 'rocket scientist', I think he can pick up a scaled down play book; his arm strength is already there. He just needs some work on his motion to be more accurate--Landry's had 4 years and still wets his pants on a blitz and throws into the dirt, so how could Dobbs, a guy known for being able to stand in the face of a rush and deliver, do any worse??

Uh NO. Next year he will be a #3. While I'm not a HUGE Landry Jones fan, I see him as a competent #2. He's MUCH more capable of starting an NFL game than Dobbs. And you know what, I don't care if he discovered a cure for cancer. Doesn't mean he will be a good QB in the NFL. Maybe he will, but he's got a LONG way to go before he beats out Landry Jones.

You probably said he same thing about Ben, who was a JR, beating out Maddox, to start, and low and behold, halfway through game 2, there's Ben, starting the season.

I didn't. Ben was a first round pick.

So, "One of the most intelligent (aerospace engineering major) and likeable players in college football, Dobbs did perform well at times in his senior year" can't beat out Landry Jones...

Intelligent and likable is nice. I think Dobbs is a swell guy. Of course he performed well in college, that's why he was drafted. And NO, he won't beat out Landry Jones next year.

...but Allen..."Bottom Line On the surface, Allen is nowhere near ready to play NFL football. He lacks smooth feet and hips in coverage, a feel for routes and is below average playing the deep ball. His issues as a tackler make it unlikely a team would trust him to move to safety. However, his elite size, speed and length are sure to garner attention and he does flash some potential as a bump-and-run corner. Allen could be a late-round pick who is stashed on a practice squad while a team tries to improve his technique."

"Don't change the subject. We're not talking about Allen. But at least Allen provides us with some nice size and talent at a position of need.".

...is going to even be on the roster, or if he is, is going to dress next year? But that's ok, you are right, Allen has a much better chance of helping this team next year than Dobbs is, right? That's what you are going to hang your hat on??? A converted WR, CB/FS tweener??

Yes, Allen has a better chance of contributing next year.

OK, then...I like my chances that Dobbs will have more of an impact than Allen, but by all means, barring injury, care to make a sig bet on that??

I don't care to make a sig bet but I will look forward to seeing it play out. Then we'll see who got it right.

Don't change the subject. We're not talking about Allen. But at least Allen provides us with some nice size and talent at a position of need.

How is that changing the subject? Your the one who brought up switching the two players' selection rounds...

Nope, never said that. Never compared the two picks in any way.

OK, but you responded to my response to what AFF sd about switching the two, so he point is, I didn't change the subject, that's the subject you responded to, so if you are going to respond to a subject, you should understand my motivation for my argument, since you were responding directly to it, so point still stands, I didn't change the subject--that WAS the subject.

as if Allen will be more useful to us next year than Dobbs will; I disagree. That's the premise of the whole disagreement; that's not changing the subject. Do you even understand what we are disagreeing about?

You think Dobbs will be our #2 next year and I think he will be our #3. Did I miss something?

Then you wanted to bet me that Dobbs will be better than Allen. OK, we'll see.

Yes, explained above, the original topic was switching the rounds for Dobbs and Allen, but yes, Dobbs has a better chance to have a positive impact on our team than Allen. IF Dobbs shows well enough, Mett or Landry, or both will be cut, and the potential exists that he will be the #2 QB by the end of the season, which will have much higher impact on our success than a few STs tackles by Allen.

OK, I'm dropping it...we have a LS...ugh... Rolling Eyes

Alright, I think we're done here.

Yeah I think we can both agree LS is a hideous pick.

1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Green's injury history and with how deep the TE group was I'm very surprised the Steelers didn't pick one in this draft.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
With Green's injury history and with how deep the TE group was I'm very surprised the Steelers didn't pick one in this draft.

I think some of Belichick's secret agents tied up Tomlin & Colbert for parts of the draft and submitted the cards as they were instructed by the evil master himself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Fittipaldo‏Verified account
@rayfitt1

Follow
More
Colbert said adding a young WR with possession and red zone ability was important.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia announcing a pick was pretty cool as a Steeler fan and a fan of both of them.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Greg Warren told the Steelers he is retiring and they could not wait until FA to get a LS.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
I think Greg Warren told the Steelers he is retiring and they could not wait until FA to get a LS.

I read something like that on Twitter but still, we could have signed this guy as PFA. No other LS were drafted.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
stefan52268

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope drafting a Long Snapper doesn't mean they plan on kicking field goals and punting a lot!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:

I'll tell you one thing, if Green isn't ready to go Week 1 and or most the year, someone is going to have ALOT of answering to do

Welcome to Sixburgh.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeezy55 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

I'll tell you one thing, if Green isn't ready to go Week 1 and or most the year, someone is going to have ALOT of answering to do

I keep saying it but no one is listening:
THE COACHES AND THE FO LOVE JESSE JAMES!!!!!!

His blocking has become so much better, and while he isn't some deep seam speed freak he is ultra reliable at catching the tough one over the middle and sticking his nose in there for the extra yard or two.

He has very quietly replicated Heath's production almost to a T.

Hahahahaha.

JPeezy55

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
JPeezy55 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

I keep saying it but no one is listening:
THE COACHES AND THE FO LOVE JESSE JAMES!!!!!!

His blocking has become so much better, and while he isn't some deep seam speed freak he is ultra reliable at catching the tough one over the middle and sticking his nose in there for the extra yard or two.

He has very quietly replicated Heath's production almost to a T.

I'm a fan of JJ as well, still doesn't change the fact that Green is a game breaking TE and there were a lot of high potential athletic TE's in this draft and they avoiding the position altogether minus UDFA.

And JJ has had one decent year, he hasn't replicated Heath's production just yet, slooowww down a bit

Welcome to Sixburgh.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 48 of 50

Jump to: