You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter says while most teams are trying to move down, the Broncos are trying to move up.

I don't like this. With how strong the 2nd-3rd Round talent is and what a cluster the first round talent pool is, just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by BroncoBruin on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we've got our sights set on OL for round 1 trading back may be a bit of a gamble. Using the top 4 101 listed I figure one of them will go to the Ravens.

All 4 could be gone by pick 27.

My emotional favorite is Bolles, I love his play and attitude. That said, If all 4 are available at 20 he's #3 on my want list behind Ramczyk and Lamp.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Schefter is reporting the Broncos are trying to move up.

If we move up and take one of those OTs I will come out of my skin. If we move up and get Rueben Foster, OJ Howard or Christian McCaffrey, I will be able to tolerate it.

Given who we can get at TE or RB, I don't think even Howard or McCaffrey will be worth it. Evan Engram could be there Rd 2. Mixon Rd 2. D'onta Foreman Rd 3. Gerald Everett Rd 3. A RB like Kareem Hunt or Perrine Rd 4. A TE like George Kittle at Rd 4.

We are way better off addressing RB/TE later because the gap in talent isn't anywhere close to us using it on a top 20 pick other than RB/TE. Same goes for CB. Foster is different because he's literally head and shoulders above ILB's, and an elite perennial Pro Bowl level ceiling, whereas the Rd 2+ ILB's you get don't come close.

Again, a move up of 2 spots costs us 3.82. I don't see how that's enough to get a McCaffrey or a Howard. So that's the other slam-dunk part of saying no to trading up for either McCaffrey or Howard. I wouldn't even do it for Foster if it was the price was any higher than 3.82.

Giving up 3.82 for a T? OMG that would be insanity. Pure, unadulterated insanity.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elways moves up the board have always been for perceived need whether that need be immediate or in a years time.

Ray - planning for Ware retirement
Lynch - Sanchez was starting QB

Feel like I'm forgetting someone. There is no need to trade up for RB so if we move up I don't think that's the pick, but there is absolutely the nepotism play for McCaffrey. There is need for a 3 down inside linebacker and Elway has tried in the past to trade up for CJ Mosley and Ryan Shazier. DE is also a major hole on the starting roster, and the talent expected to be around at 20 is all very sketchy, could Jonathan Allen be a target we haven't discussed? Next is TE, need doesn't seem as pressing but if Elways enamored w Howard, he may be trying to move. The other pressing need is for a OT, I think we all feel the same about trading up for that position lol.

Likelihood of position we trade up for based on reasons for past trade ups
1. OL/DL/LB/TE
2. RB

I don't think it could be any other position than one of these.
ElJefe7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it obviously depends who is on the board. However, I think Lamp, Ramczyk or Robinson for different reasons.

Lamp I think has the best chance of being an perennial probowler. It may not be at tackle though. I think he will be an above average tackle but elite guard. Some like to build the line inside out. If that is Vance's philosophy he very well may be the pick.

Ramczyk is probably the most refined. The question will come down to the hip. If he checks out he is an upgrade immediately to anyone on the team.

Robinson has the attitude I like. Vance kept mentioning the need to have a nasty defense. Robinson next to Leary will really help this. He will be a monster in the run game and wont be a huge liability in the pass game.

However, for me, my preference would be to draft a guy like Corey Davis, or a good defensive player in round 1 and go with a guy like Antonio Garcia, in round 2. Yes he is raw but he has to chance to be the best of all of the tackles. The question is can they afford to take the risk with such a liability on the o line.
mke1010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been out of the country for the past month and then spent all last week moving. Just got everything almost done to clear my schedule for this draft weekend.
Looking fwd to tonight except for 2-3 notable individuals who will undoubtedly melt down the second we draft someone, trade up or trade down.
Lord give me the fortitude to ignore all that crap this draft. Smile
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, NY Sports radio has been linking the Giants to Bolles all week. Apparently the Giants love him, and they mention trading to 19 to get him, so look for that. Could be the reason Elway is eyeing trading up to get his preferred guy.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Elways moves up the board have always been for perceived need whether that need be immediate or in a years time.

Feel like I'm forgetting someone. There is no need to trade up for RB so if we move up I don't think that's the pick, but there is absolutely the nepotism play for McCaffrey. There is need for a 3 down inside linebacker and Elway has tried in the past to trade up for CJ Mosley and Ryan Shazier. DE is also a major hole on the starting roster, and the talent expected to be around at 20 is all very sketchy, could Jonathan Allen be a target we haven't discussed? Next is TE, need doesn't seem as pressing but if Elways enamored w Howard, he may be trying to move. The other pressing need is for a OT, I think we all feel the same about trading up for that position lol.

1. OL/DL/LB/TE
2. RB

Honestly, I don't think Ray was a forward thinking move. I think they had him graded as a Top 5 pick and he fell and it made too much sense not to get him. Lynch was 100% telegraphed.

If we trade up for Bolles any higher than, say, 16 or 17, I will lose my mind. I will absolutely be beside myself because that would be as stupid as it gets.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
For what it's worth, NY Sports radio has been linking the Giants to Bolles all week. Apparently the Giants love him, and they mention trading to 19 to get him, so look for that. Could be the reason Elway is eyeing trading up to get his preferred guy.

The thing is, the Bolles/Ramczyk/Robinson gap isn't worth trading up for, if it costs a Day 2 pick. Trading up so you get Bolles over those 2 is pretty iffy at best. Now, BroncoinGermany mentioned we could also be sending smoke signals on Bolles to get others to move up, and let other guys fall to us at value. If that's the case, awesome.

Either way, how the draft board shakes out no doubt creates the ripple effect for us. It's hard to see Howard or McCaffrey dropping far enough where it's worth moving up. Again, while teams aren't married to the draft pick trade chart, moving up 2 spots costs 3.82. Even that's not a great move, given how deep the top 100 is. Literally 90 guys this year have received first-round props from a national source. That's insanely deep. If we have to move up to 12-13 range, at the very least it costs us 2.51. To move up into the top 10, we're into 2nd & 3rd & 1.20, or next year's 1st with 1.20. Just too expensive.

The reality is that this is the peak of rumor and smoke/mirror time where teams try to manipulate each other, so in the end, might be that nothing happens Rd 1 with us. Can't wait for the show to begin.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

1. OL/DL/LB/TE
2. RB

Honestly, I don't think Ray was a forward thinking move. I think they had him graded as a Top 5 pick and he fell and it made too much sense not to get him. Lynch was 100% telegraphed.

If we trade up for Bolles any higher than, say, 16 or 17, I will lose my mind. I will absolutely be beside myself because that would be as stupid as it gets.

We didn't move up, but I think the other move that raised eyebrows was us taking Roby Rd 1. Again a case of Elway catching a falling player (the DUI that he plea-bargained to a lower charge).
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're really going to reach for need and take an OT, just stand pat at 20 as there's no way all four of Bolles, Ramczyk, Robinson and Lamp are all gone by 20. Not one of them is worth trading up for, in fact if we have to go that route I'd prefer to trade back and take one in the late 20s/early 30s.

If we want to trade up, as Schefter's report suggests, it better be for a difference-making elite talent like Foster, Howard or McCaffrey.

FWIW, a lot of local (Colorado) media are suggesting that if we move up it will be for McCaffrey, which I will be fine with. Things are going to get awfully ugly in Broncos Country, approaching Mac-like levels of discord, if McCaffrey is within reach and Elway either a) doesn't move up to get him or b) takes someone else with him on the board. I never seen such unanimity about a draft prospect in these parts in my lifetime.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to throw out a trade up pick and the next two picks:

1) Corey Davis
2) Evan Engram
3) Julie'n Davenport
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have so many comtradictory reports last week Broncos want to trade back now it's trade up. It's dumb to predict Elway has his board and has players he loves if one is in striking distance we get them if the price is too rich we probably trade down.

This just shows me broncos will not stay put in round 1.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Cole, who is pretty plugged in considering he is writing a book with Elway, is reporting that we are attempting to move up to #5 with Tennessee.

Quote:
Jason Cole‏Verified account @JasonColeBR 3m3 minutes ago
More
Among teams #Broncos have talked to about trading up are #Titans at No. 5. Might be too rich to go that high, but possible.

Shocked

Moving up that high would have to be for either McCaffrey or OJ Howard, right?

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Jason Cole, who is pretty plugged in considering he is writing a book with Elway, is reporting that we are attempting to move up to #5 with Tennessee.

Quote:
Jason Cole‏Verified account @JasonColeBR 3m3 minutes ago
More
Among teams #Broncos have talked to about trading up are #Titans at No. 5. Might be too rich to go that high, but possible.

Shocked

Moving up that high would have to be for either McCaffrey or OJ Howard, right?

Myles Garrett doesn't fall that far does he, if Trubisky is the #1 overall?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 2 of 69

Jump to: