Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Thread Reply with quote

Discuss all things draft here

Starting with the first pick....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12135/mitchell-trubisky

Looking like Browns are strongly considering skipping on Miles Garrett and drafting Trubisky at 1st overall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two pieces of info say the 1.1 Trubisky talk is smokescreen:

1. Mike Silver, who's apparently our version of Klis, says that CLE has known their 1.1 pick for weeks, but are looking to move from 1.12 up, maybe as high as 1.5. You can't get Garrett with anything but the 1.1 or 1.2 pick. But you could get Trubisky with the 1.5 pick...or a top S.

2. Mary Kay Cabot, their other beat reporter, just reported that Garrett is likely the 1.1 pick. Link -
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/04/all_signs_still_pointing_to_my.html

I think we're definitely going to see at least 2-3 trades tonight to move up/down.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day is here. Finally! After NFL spring dragged on so irritatingly much again.

I will watch this live from 2 am onwards and then go straight to prep school to teach these kids that this is the kind of dedication college will sometimes call for. That said, no Broncos OL pick in the 1st, please. Pray

Let's go, fellas!
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
The day is here. Finally! After NFL spring dragged on so irritatingly much again.

I will watch this live from 2 am onwards and then go straight to prep school to teach these kids that this is the kind of dedication college will sometimes call for. That said, no Broncos OL pick in the 1st, please. Pray

Let's go, fellas!

It's funny how incredibly different people can look at things. I'm sitting here thinking 'any of Ramczyk/Robinson/Lamp/Bolles makes me a happy guy.'
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Let's go, fellas!

It's funny how incredibly different people can look at things. I'm sitting here thinking 'any of Ramczyk/Robinson/Lamp/Bolles makes me a happy guy.'

Honestly, I think a lot of it comes down to how close you think the team is to competing or how you view the draft in terms of team building. I wouldn't mind a tackle at 20, provided there's not a huge value still there. My bigger issue is trading up to get one. I think that's ridiculous

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Let's go, fellas!

Honestly, I think a lot of it comes down to how close you think the team is to competing or how you view the draft in terms of team building. I wouldn't mind a tackle at 20, provided there's not a huge value still there. My bigger issue is trading up to get one. I think that's ridiculous

Yeah, under basically no circumstance would I trade up for one. I've got those 4 all around the 16-25 range, so the difference between getting my favourite (Ramczyk) and my least favourite (Robinson) isn't altogether noteworthy.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Let's go, fellas!

I'm with you 101.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm preparing myself for Foster being on the board at 20 and Denver passing on him. I suggest some of you do the same...
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To summarize some of the College Prospect discussion:

-Many (not all) posters would like for Elway to go BPA Rd 1. T could indeed be BPA, or at least close enough, to justify a T pick at 1.20. I don't know that anyone has supported trading up for a T. Many split on whether 1.20 is a good spot for T, but no one so far supporting any move up for a T. Moving back for a T is also proposed (see later).

-There's a growing sentiment that Reuben Foster's dilute urine test and his verbal argument with a MRI tech at the Combine (for which he got sent home) could drop him to be available at 1.20 for a guy like Foster. Many posters (myself included) are totally OK with passing up T at 1.20. If it's not Foster, there's more debate - names like Hassan Reddick (ILB who can also be an EDGE in our 3-4 scheme), Corey Davis, and of course, Christian McCaffrey, have come up as other picks that would justify passing on T. The question with McCaffrey is that he doesn't look like he'll fall outside the top 12. Moving up to get him is really too expensive (literally at least our 2nd & 3rd along with 1.20, and more likely, our 2018 1st instead of 2nd/3rd).

-Dropping back to later in Rd 1 has also been discussed, with the idea we'd get another Day 2 pick. Given this draft's depth in the top 100 is really impressive, it's certainly an idea that many find appealing. This premise is based on the fact that we could get a T at better value later in Rd 1 and still get more early picks.

-Given that we have 10 picks, it's hard to see we can keep 10 guys on our roster and PS. The ideal is for us to move up early on - but the cost for Day 1 move-ups into the top 12 is already covered. Moving up in Rd 2/3, would cost less. This is my guess, but that's an area Elway will focus on.

-Besides T, from the SB needs threads, we've identified T, run D, and pass D against RB/TE as key 2017 priorities. 2018+ priorities extend to ILB, TE, 3rd CB, RB, 3rd WR, and more trench depth in general. The above probably explains why Foster isn't getting much controversy from us as a FF fanbase to trump T at 1.20 - he'd address both run D and pass D vs. RB/TE. It also explains why ppl are against trading up - we have so many needs to address for 2018+ to remain contenders, it's hard to justify giving up top 100 picks.

-Beat-reporter wise, Klis really is pumping Garrett Bolles, even trading up for a T (insane IMO, but that's me). Renck, on the other hand, has mentioned Foster if he's there is clearly in play, and has widened the field to include 3-4 DE and interior OL Forrest Lamp (who could play T in a pinch, but looks like the best overall OL this draft, most likely to move to G). TE is mentioned, but seems to be losing steam. Definitely in play from 2.51 on, however. Elway himself seemed to devalue TE, saying it's not a great inline TE draft, but great for move TE's, so take it FWIW.

-One other value pick to keep an eye on - OSU CB Gareon Conley. He was a surefire top 20 pick, maybe top CB of the class (and consensus top 3). With allegations of sexual assault that are murky (read the story first by googling Gareon Conley TMZ report, then make up your mind - the case's details by themselves aren't up for discussion, already announced in NFL Draft thread, no sense in going there). But if you think Conley is likely getting cleared, then it's seems a nobrainer to take him with a Day 2 pick if he's there. More reporters say at least 3 teams will take him by Rd 3 - as they're getting info themselves. We should be one of them IMO.

-Guys like Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams, Marcus Lattimore, Malik Hooker, Solomon Thomas and more importantly for us, OJ Howard and McCaffrey, are being consistently mocked into the top 12, so they seem out of reach Rd 1. Foster was one of those guys too, before the dilute urine test.

-With picks 2.51, 3.82 and 3.101 comp, and 4.125, we have 5 picks in the top 125, and 4 in the top 100. bronco67 has already nicely outlined how we need to hit on these picks, as our roster can't continue to rely on FA to fill needs (even if we find bargains, they only last 1-2 years). Given the talent class this year in the top 100 is so deep, much more so than in prior years, Elway HAS to hit on 3/4 or 4/5 of the picks above.

I think that covers the Draft talk in a nutshell leading up to tonight....excited, can't wait (I had a family conflict, but managed to swing that to yesterday, so now all good to sit & watch)!

My favorite 2 sports nights outside of football season are now here. Smile
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncosfan_101 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Let's go, fellas!

Yeah, under basically no circumstance would I trade up for one. I've got those 4 all around the 16-25 range, so the difference between getting my favourite (Ramczyk) and my least favourite (Robinson) isn't altogether noteworthy.

Looks like we've got them ranked the same!

If we go tackle it's honestly a sigh of relief pick to me. These QB's have no chance of development without protection. Idc about what's said about the class, I'll judge based on their performance against NFL competition.

Just don't take one if Reuben Foster is there!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More and more I am getting the feeling that if we stay at 20 the pick is going to be one of the OTs, likely Bolles (puke).

I guess I've been let down so many times by this team since Von signed his extension last summer that I am not optimistic that anything good is going to come from today.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Seahawks are ready to jump ahead of our pick to land a tackle.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
Sounds like the Seahawks are ready to jump ahead of our pick to land a tackle.

Enough teams do that, and someone in the elite tier falls to us. Another team that could use T is NYG, for example.

BroncoinGermany first posted this idea, I'd love it if that happened.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
If we go tackle it's honestly a sigh of relief pick to me. These QB's have no chance of development without protection. Idc about what's said about the class, I'll judge based on their performance against NFL competition.

I just don't understand that, I've heard it all over the place too.

I don't think that an under-sized OT like Bolles (who at 25 his frame is maxed out) or a guy who has major injury concerns not to mention questionable love for the game (Ramczyk) or a moron who doesn't have the skillset to play LT in the NFL (Robinson) represent an immediate, sizable upgrade over what we currently have. I don't think reaching for one of them does much to help the QBs develop.

One thing Elway said the other day at his press conference was that it's something of a fool's errand to think in terms of LT and RT because defenses can move pass rushers around and offenses can slide protections around. Think of two of the premier pass rushers in the league in Von and Mack, both rush from the right side of the o-line.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter is reporting the Broncos are trying to move up.

If we move up and take one of those OTs I will come out of my skin. If we move up and get Rueben Foster, OJ Howard or Christian McCaffrey, I will be able to tolerate it.

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
More
Plenty of teams want to move back; here's one trying to move up. Broncos exploring options of moving up in draft, per sources.

bhslinebacker wrote:

Last edited by AnAngryAmerican on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 1 of 69

Jump to: