Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Day Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread Reply with quote

The thread for everything going on with every team today.

Lots of rumors going around.

I think the Browns do the right thing, keep #1 and take Miles Garrett.

Sig by El Ramster
ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayock has us taking Corey Davis. How would you guys react to that pick?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Mayock has us taking Corey Davis. How would you guys react to that pick?

I just saw that in the draft forum, he is out of his damn mind.

Sig by El Ramster
jameson23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of his mind? How do you figure?

Year after year, teams pass up on talented playmakers in favor of players who may fill needs. Those are the players who are most likely to be reaches/busts. The best teams pick BPA and load up on game changers, regardless of their perceived needs. I am all for drafting a kid who could turn out to be the best WR of this draft. Anyone trying to argue that we are not in need of offensive playmakers should revisit our game film from last year.
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:

Year after year, teams pass up on talented playmakers in favor of players who may fill needs. Those are the players who are most likely to be reaches/busts. The best teams pick BPA and load up on game changers, regardless of their perceived needs. I am all for drafting a kid who could turn out to be the best WR of this draft. Anyone trying to argue that we are not in need of offensive playmakers should revisit our game film from last year.
well said. Bpa baby.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:

I disagree that the best teams pick BPA. I think the best teams pick BPA out of the players that make sense.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
jameson23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
jameson23 wrote:

I disagree that the best teams pick BPA. I think the best teams pick BPA out of the players that make sense.

Are you suggesting that offensive playmakers are not players that make sense for the Lions? If so, that is something that I can not agree with. Sure, we need defensive help at a few positions (LB, DL, CB), but if the BPA on our board is a WR, I do not see them passing on him just based on defensive needs.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
jameson23 wrote:

I agree for the most part. I think if you have a WR rated a 90 and a LB an 89 both available and you need a LB, you take the LB. If there is a WR that's a 97 and a LB that's an 89 both available, you take the WR.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ready for the annual Cleveland laugher picks

Can't believe they are gonna take Trubisky as rumored at 1

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
jameson23 wrote:

Are you suggesting that offensive playmakers are not players that make sense for the Lions? If so, that is something that I can not agree with. Sure, we need defensive help at a few positions (LB, DL, CB), but if the BPA on our board is a WR, I do not see them passing on him just based on defensive needs.

I see them passing on him because I don't think he is an elite talent. I think he is very good but not good enough to pass up a top end need. Offensive playmakers are a need, but way down the list of needs unless an elite talent drops to us. I don't want to touch RB in the first couple rounds but if Fournette falls to us you have to take him. Other than that give me the best DE/LB because that 15-30 range of guys on my board are all pretty similar.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
jameson23 wrote:

I agree for the most part. I think if you have a WR rated a 90 and a LB an 89 both available and you need a LB, you take the LB. If there is a WR that's a 97 and a LB that's an 89 both available, you take the WR.

I'm down, but I am not sure where my leash is. What if the LB is an 88? 87?

I think mine would be relatively short
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q. Is taco Charlton close to Corey davis?
jameson23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:

For what its worth, I have a 2nd round grade on Charlton and a top-15 grade on Davis.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:

I would put them about a half round apart and I take my BPA - Davis
Rockcity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jameson23 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

For what its worth, I have a 2nd round grade on Charlton and a top-15 grade on Davis.
same

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: