Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Most ProBowl Selections since 2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcfan4real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Most ProBowl Selections since 2002 Reply with quote

I don't have a link because I heard this on the radio. But the Cowboys have the most pro-bowl selections since 2002 with 62 (I think that number is correct im going off of memory). The distant 2nd are the Chiefs with 45.

I realize how many people feel about the pro-bowl, but still I found this pretty compelling. The discussion was why don't we have much to show for it and 1 theory was that the Cowboys do really well drafting in the first couple rounds, and don't do well enough drafting in later rounds.

I think this could be part of it...but from the time I've legitimately being following this team (I say that because during the dynasty years I was pretty young and don't remember much of it), anytime we have a playoff/superbowl contending team, something unbelievably weird happens. The most recent examples I can think of are: "dropping the ball in the lights after scoring 45 pts (was it 45? I know it was a lot), "the non catch by Dez" Terry Glenn Fumble, Amazing throw by Aaron Rodgers to get into field goal range.

I also think that our injuries are pretty extreme compared to other teams....maybe its because I don't follow other teams to the extent that I do the cowboys...but 2 years ago we lost starting QB for the season essentially, starting top WR, and an ungodly amount of injuires on the defense.

I say all that to make this point....I actually feel we draft fairly well in middle to late rounds...but I thought it was an interesting talking point and wanted to bring it up here.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean we've had a ton of good players in that time, but for most of that the Pro Bowl was fan voting...and we have the most fans. It makes sense.

Like in 2007, we had the following go to the Pro Bowl:

Quote:
Flozell Adams T
Marion Barber RB
Leonard Davis G
Greg Ellis LB
Nick Folk K
Andre Gurode C
Ken Hamlin FS
Terence Newman CB
Terrell Owens WR
Tony Romo QB
DeMarcus Ware LB
Roy Williams SS
Jason Witten TE

Now they were all good to really good players that year, but should they all have been there? idk about that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Pro-bowlers and only how many playoff victories?

something isn't fitting right.
dcfan4real

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
mean we've had a ton of good players in that time, but for most of that the Pro Bowl was fan voting...and we have the most fans. It makes sense.

Like in 2007, we had the following go to the Pro Bowl:

Quote:
Flozell Adams T
Marion Barber RB
Leonard Davis G
Greg Ellis LB
Nick Folk K
Andre Gurode C
Ken Hamlin FS
Terence Newman CB
Terrell Owens WR
Tony Romo QB
DeMarcus Ware LB
Roy Williams SS
Jason Witten TE

Now they were all good to really good players that year, but should they all have been there? idk about that.

Is that the right year? I just did a quick search and in 2007 there were only 7 selections. I think you are referring to 2008 right?

Who on that list do you feel should have been replaced by somebody else and if so by who? I am not disagreeing with you...Im just curious because you may have a better memory than me.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 2007 and I'm not sure (my memory isn't THAT good), but 13/24 starters being Pro Bowlers... idk man just seems like it was total fan homer voting stuffing the ballot boxes.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes you realize how it's key for teams to not just have the talent, gotta have the coaching, front-office, culture, and innovation to go far in the NFL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: