You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official 2017 Baltimore Ravens Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Zach Terrell as a pickup. I think he has backup QB upside. We all saw him in the videos as the guy putting it up for Corey Davis, and that certainly is a good situation to be in, but he's got pretty good accuracy and placement.

We see a lot of the QB3 in preseason, so this guy should be a better watch than much of what we've seen in the past.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9gp7-D1dhM

Looks like we invited the LT from that Aztecs front to join Nico in Rookie Camp. SDSU should be proud I think their whole line is getting looks and deservedly so, they put in work for Pumphrey. I like the synergy that little connections like this can build, if it does work out we have some instant chemistry between two lineman. If it doesn't work out it could cause Nico to work even harder knowing how quickly the journey can end and to make the most of situations those close to him would love to be in.

This draft could be the first in years to yield some fan favorites and sell a few jerseys. People are loving the quipiness of the Siragusa stuff, and our early round selections are all about impact and splash plays. I expect this class to get some love.

Does anyone think the team might actually roll with Watson this year?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What was behind first-round draft trade talk?

By the way, I mentioned this in a story that ran the day after the draft, but itís worth repeating given that Iím still getting asked about it. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome acknowledged that the Ravens tried to trade up ďin the teensĒ in the first round of the draft to get into position to select a player they coveted. He didnít mention who the Ravens were targeting, but it was widely believed the player was Temple linebacker Haason Reddick who ultimately went 13th to the Arizona Cardinals. However, the top player on the board for the Ravens at the time, and the guy they were trying to move up to get, was actually Ohio State cornerbackMarshon Lattimore, who went 11th overall to the New Orleans Saints. The Ravens' interest in Lattimore, plus all the due diligence they did in fellow Buckeyes cornerback Gareon Conley and the fact that they ultimately stayed at 16 and picked Alabama cornerback Marlon Humphrey, shows how badly the team wanted to come out of the first round with a corner.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-news-notes-and-opinion-20170510-story.html

Would this have made you happier c0?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore? Whoa. That's pretty surprising. If the team had him and Humphrey so high on their board they must have really been targeting cornerback. Which is nice, although I wonder if placing that kind of importance on the position might have forced Humphrey up their board some. I still have my doubts about Marlon. His issues might not be coachable/correctable. But he's much younger and far more athletic than your typical Alabama defensive back so there's that I guess.

Not sure giving up assets to get Lattimore would have been great either though. With his hamstring issues that would be pretty risky, especially with the paramount of health, Jimmy Smith, already on the team at corner. Laughing But Marshon has much better corner skills and instincts. Might have been worth the gamble.

And in other draft news:

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-corner-blog/article150050752.html

Quote:
The Cowboys had conversations with the Baltimore Ravens during the first round of the NFL Draft to move up for Missouri defensive end Charles Harris, according to multiple sources.

Trade talks didnít get as close as some in past years, one source said. Once the Ravensí target, Marlon Humphrey, remained on the board at No. 16, Baltimore opted to select the Alabama cornerback rather than trade down.

I wonder what Dallas was offering. Probably not a ton.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJVLbZ4iY3s

Looking at our draft from an analytics standpoint. No real surprises but worth a listen.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know what 49ers were offering:
Quote:
Lynch is O.K. with splitting the baby: offering a two, three and four for the 16th pick. That would leave San Francisco with no second-round pick, one third-round pick and no fourth-round pick. So Marathe offers the two, three and four to GM Ozzie Newsome of the Ravens

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/11/nfl-john-lynch-san-francisco-49ers-draft-solomon-thomas-reuben-foster-bears-trade

So, we could have gotten a very early 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Instead of Humphrey, we could have taken Quincy Wilson or Sidney Jones in the second. The other two picks could have hypothetically been Cooper Kupp and Samaje Perine to help our offense.

I would have definitely made the move (even though it does come up short on the value chart) because I didn't have Marlon as that different from the players in the 30's. The FO clearly graded him differently.
Danand

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Humphrey in 2C, so this news doesn't make me feel better.

I think we could have been a much much better team with those picks.

The only thing that I like about the Humphrey pick is, that if he never learns to track the football better than he did in college, I believe he could translate well to free safety.
drd23

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably would do that trade. Moving down from 16 to 34 certainly seems like a big drop, but given that the sweet spot of this draft was the 2nd-3rd round, the more picks in that zone the better.

But given what's been said about the organisation's view of Humphrey since the draft, I can see why they didn't.
Danand

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I probably would do that trade. Moving down from 16 to 34 certainly seems like a big drop, but given that the sweet spot of this draft was the 2nd-3rd round, the more picks in that zone the better.

But given what's been said about the organisation's view of Humphrey since the draft, I can see why they didn't.

With that trade, we could have had Forrest Lamp, Zay Jones, Budda Baker, Sidney jones with the 2. round pick.

With the 3. round pick, Akhello Witherspoon, Kamara, Elflein, Feeney, Kupp and Taywan Taylor could all be great picks as well.

In the 4. round, Ryan Switzer is what catches my eye as well as some other good runningbacks, Jake Butt and Desmond King.

Humphrey really has to be something unique to outvalue 3 of those guys (ofc the picks could all turn out to be busts or pro bowlers)
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:

With that trade, we could have had Forrest Lamp, Zay Jones, Budda Baker, Sidney jones with the 2. round pick.

With the 3. round pick, Akhello Witherspoon, Kamara, Elflein, Feeney, Kupp and Taywan Taylor could all be great picks as well.

In the 4. round, Ryan Switzer is what catches my eye as well as some other good runningbacks, Jake Butt and Desmond King.

Humphrey really has to be something unique to outvalue 3 of those guys (ofc the picks could all turn out to be busts or pro bowlers)

To be fair, I think most lookbacks would show that the pre-draft optimism over 3rd and 4th round picks relative to their 1st round counterparts would show that the higher first round guys hit and succeed at such a rate that you'd have to do REALLY well in those later rounds to make such a trade worth it. I get what you're saying, but I think we're a lot rosier on some of the later round guys at this time of year.
Danand

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:

To be fair, I think most lookbacks would show that the pre-draft optimism over 3rd and 4th round picks relative to their 1st round counterparts would show that the higher first round guys hit and succeed at such a rate that you'd have to do REALLY well in those later rounds to make such a trade worth it. I get what you're saying, but I think we're a lot rosier on some of the later round guys at this time of year.

I completely agree hence why I finished with the parentheses.

If Humphrey in 2-3 seasons is an elite cornerback without the struggles with his back to the ball, then my argument about trading down is void.

On the other hand, if I hopefully is incorrect in my assessment of his abilities, we wasted an opportunity to get more lottery tickets because we had a hunch that this one was the one with the winning numbers.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 23s23 seconds ago

Jets waived/injured former second-round pick Devin Smith.

I would put a waiver claim in on Smith and then wait until after final roster cuts to place him on IR.
Danand

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

I would put a waiver claim in on Smith and then wait until after final roster cuts to place him on IR.

He looked like a really good pick, a better Torrey Smith at the time he was drafted, but haven't he had a injury plagued Perriman start to his career?

Or are they waving him for other reasons.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

What a brutal start to his career. Makes Perriman's start look like Odell Beckham's. He was so good in college, and should have translated easily to the pros.

I would put the claim on him, but I think there's no chance the Ravens do.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

He looked like a really good pick, a better Torrey Smith at the time he was drafted, but haven't he had a injury plagued Perriman start to his career?

Or are they waving him for other reasons.

Perriman only missed one season.

This guy was injured in 2015, played four games in 2016, then tore his ACL this offseason (thus will miss 2017).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: