Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Final 2017 Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Jrry32 Final 2017 Mock Draft Reply with quote

This is not an attempt to guess what the Rams will do. My personal opinion is that Evan Engram will be the pick if he's there at #37. This is my opinion on what I'd like to see the Rams do. These are players that I want them to pick. It's more of the same when you look back on my past mocks.

Trade
Rams trade Pick #37 and #141
Broncos trade Pick #51, #101, and #126

Broncos trade up for Evan Engram.

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #19 - Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZLQSBeV40
Why? Kupp is the most pro ready WR in this draft. We desperately need help at WR, and he can provide early impact. He's intelligent, reliable, skilled, and determined to do anything it takes to be the best. Our team needs more players like that. Goff needs a WR he can rely on to make plays in key situations.

Round 3 Pick #5 - DeMarcus Walker DE Florida State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_P13bssi8o
Why? He's a tweener in most scheme but a great fit in ours. Alpha dog type leader with incredible production. He absolutely tore up interior OLs in college. Major pass rush threat on the inside. Quinn, Barwin, Donald, and Walker is an unfair pass rushing DL.

Round 3 Pick #37 - George Kittle TE Iowa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QX7LdjFtS8
Why? Kittle has been a steady riser throughout the process after blowing up the Combine. Prior to the Combine, it was clear that he was arguably the best blocker in this class. The Combine showed that he has the athleticism to be a major receiving threat as he develops.

Round 4 Pick #5 - Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxmwGu6NRcM
Why? Lewis, like Kupp and Walker, is a tenacious competitor who wants more than anything to be the best. He'll fall because of the DV arrest, but his cover skills are as good as anyone's in this class. And Lewis is at his best in press coverage. He can play inside or outside in the NFL.

Round 4 Pick #20 - Josh Reynolds WR Texas A&M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBnC9gIM7rU
Why? At this point, it should be clear what I envisioned with this draft. Reynolds is yet another guy who pushed himself hard as a former walk-on to become one of the SEC's best WRs. He gives us a big body and deep threat at WR. He also has the movement skills to be a quality all around WR.

Round 5 Pick #5 - Chase Roullier C/OG Wyoming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udIir9JOgLg
Why? I like Roullier's skill-set the best among the Centers in this class (not counting the converts). He has the size and power that Kromer covets on the inside. While he has short arms and comes from a small school, he's a technically refined player coming out of a pro style offense who stays on his blocks.

Round 6 Pick #5 - Ejuan Price OLB Pittsburgh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqN25AT8Pg
Why? Price is yet another highly productive player in this class. He's undersized for an edge rusher at 5'11" 240, but his impressive strength and natural leverage allow him to stack blocks in the run game. He wins as a pass rusher with his burst off the LOS and ability to get under OTs.

Round 6 Pick #22 - Joshua Holsey CB Auburn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-MJCkkQ1Bs
Why? Holsey is my favorite sleeper in this class. Injuries stood in the way of him at Auburn, but he showed the cover skills and competitiveness on the field to stick in the NFL. Holsey's athletic profile is actually quite similar to that of Chris Harris Jr.'s. I think he has starter potential in a press scheme like ours.

Round 7 Pick #16 - Brad Seaton OT Villanova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6FDBZKXNU
Why? Might as well take a chance on a developmental OT here. Seaton is 6'9" 327 with enough athletic tools to possibly develop into something. I wish he displayed more of a mean streak, but he has the natural gifts to potentially stick around the NFL for awhile. You can't teach size or strength. He has both of those attributes.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
FB: Cory Harkey
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Tavon Austin
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Andew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan vs. Chase Roullier
RG: Rob Havenstein
RT: Greg Robinson

LDE: DeMarcus Walker
NT: Michael Brockers
RDE: Aaron Donald
LOLB: Connor Barwin
LILB: Mark Barron
RILB: Alec Ogletree
ROLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Trumaine Johnson
RCB: Kayvon Webster vs. E.J. Gaines vs. Jourdan Lewis
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Pharoh Cooper
PR: Tavon Austin

My draft strategy should be pretty clear from this mock. Go out and get great football players. Go get guys who will lead, who will bring it every single day, and who will give anything to win. We need a culture change. We need winners.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't believe the rams are interested in kupp, but i like him.
hate the walker pick (prefer biegel or wise) but every other pick until the last one (don't know the ot) is pretty much great. love it.

only thing i would change: holsey would be a nice udfa pick up and we draft a s like thompson instead.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a RB taken. Maybe starting in the 6th, but other than that I love it.

Why Kittle over a Jake Butt though? I see this guy gaining steam. Is it just the blocking aspect?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
i don't believe the rams are interested in kupp, but i like him.
hate the walker pick (prefer biegel or wise) but every other pick until the last one (don't know the ot) is pretty much great. love it.

only thing i would change: holsey would be a nice udfa pick up and we draft a s like thompson instead.

I'm just not willing to take the risk that we lose out on Holsey. I like him too much.

BStanRamFan wrote:
I would like to see a RB taken. Maybe starting in the 6th, but other than that I love it.

Why Kittle over a Jake Butt though? I see this guy gaining steam. Is it just the blocking aspect?

Why Kittle over Butt? It's kind of everything for me. I think Butt isn't the blocker he's touted to be, and he's not really a dynamic receiver either. He's a good safe blanket type guy with the potential to be a blocker, but he hasn't really shown that mean streak you'd like to see to this point.

Butt is currently a better receiver than Kittle, but Sean McVay's reputation gives me a bit more confidence in that pick. I know Kittle is going to bury people in the run game. I know Kittle can catch the football. I feel like McVay is the type of guy who can teach Kittle the finer points of being a receiver and harness his athletic skill-set.

With Butt, I don't see the same upside. I see a guy who could be a good to very good TE if he becomes a more tenacious blocker. If he doesn't, I see a fairly pedestrian TE. That's just my opinion, though.

As for RB, I figure that's a position we can address in UDFA. There are usually some good options each year. A few names that spring to mind as possible UDFAs are Dare Ogunbowale, Anthony Wales, Matt Breida, and Boom Williams.

Appreciate the feedback from you both!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like rounds 3 on haha

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid! I really like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: