You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

For Which Prospect Would You Trade UP?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: For Which Prospect Would You Trade UP? Reply with quote

I know it's late in the game. But we have a lot of picks and, as we've almost unanimously agreed, 10 rookies do not make this team. So lets say Elway parlays out 10 picks into 6 or 7 or 8, spending one or two of them to move up in the 1st round. So for whom - within reason - would you trade up?

And I am speaking specifically about players who one could reasonable envision being available around pick 10, at the earliest (I think everyone here would trade up for Myles Garrett if he fell, but be reasonable here).

For whom would you trade up?

And, who would you hate to see us trade up and select?

Say we move up for O.J. Howard? How would you react? What about Christian McCaffrey? Or Reuben Foster? Or Haason Reddick? Or Corey Davis? Or John Ross? Or Garrett Bolles? What about Taco Charlton or Malik Hooker?

Have at it!

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure trading up from 20 is a great idea this year, because after Myles Garrett as the clear 1, I don't see a huge gap between 2 and 20, but I'd trade up in the second round for Evan Engram, Curtis Samuel, Adoree Jackson or Chris Wormsley.

Fify.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I'm not sure trading up from 20 is a great idea this year, because after Myles Garrett as the clear 1, I don't see a huge gap between 2 and 20, but I'd trade up in the second round for Evan Engram, Curtis Samuel, Adoree Jackson or Chris Wormsley.

Good job not answering the question.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Counselor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd move up for four players and four players only. And two of them aren't even at a position of need. Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker. The other two being Lattimore and Foster.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
grizmo78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Jamal Adams (even though safety is one of our positions right now) or O.J. Howard, maybe 3-4 spots for Rueben Foster if the price is only a 4th.. But I agree with Counsler. If the first two dont fall to 10-13 range, I dont want to or think we should trade up. We have some ammo to move up and have a bigger impact in the mid rounds. I would almost be more happy to trade down ~5 spots and pick up a 3rd next year.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hason Reddick hes the swiss army knife of a front seven I think he instantly improves our d which is scary. Id also trade up for a impacted player in round 2

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is worth trading up for if they cost a top 100 pick. The top 100 is much deeper than in prior years.

Moving up 2 spots costs us the 4.125. That could be palatable, but I don't see 2 spots making a difference. Reuben Foster is the only realistic target that could be that close, but that's a stretch. Forrest Lamp is the other, but I'd be surprised if he fall to 17-18, that he'd then get picked.

A lot of guys who could fall to 2.51 are worth the draft capital then if it only means 5-6 spots (same price - 4th rounder or lower).

Evan Engram, Jarrad Davis (if we don't go Foster Rd 1), or the worst of the 3 T's in the top tier could fall that far, if teams really pass on need and go BPA on their boards. All worth trading for if we don't fill that spot with our rd 1 pick.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft is too deep for me to trade up in the first round, I think it's a mistake. If we were to do that though, Reuben Foster or Hasson Reddick, please.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.J. Howard, Mike Williams, Corey Davis.
DiehardBronxFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Good job not answering the question.

Is "Nobody" not a valid answer?
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would trade up for the following, assuming they slid:

Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Reuben Foster

Those are the only 3 worth it, IMO, because they are all game changing defenders.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Corey Davis is in reach? I think that kid is going to be good! You line up three WR sets with DT, Sander,s Davis? Could be fun. Then again, the QB needs time to get the ball to them.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if they traded up for O.J. Howard, but I don't think they will.

TB is one of the teams that is rumored to be interested in trading down and out of Round 1. I have a gut feeling that Denver is also interested in doing that.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to get too technical here, but let's think about this analytically. If we're gonna move up, the most obvious asset we'd give up is one of our 3rd's. Trading a 3rd would probably get us into the 15-17 range. Also, you have to consider value tiers. Where are the cutoffs from elite prospects to just very good prospects, very good prospects to good prospects, etc? And finally, consider your needs (you're not moving up for a QB or an edge rusher, unless things get really crazy).

So because it's usually bad value to trade up, you don't want to move from 20 to 16 for the 16th-best player on your board. You're gonna be looking at a guy you've ranked high, but is falling for some reason. Top of my head, it would probably take someone at least in your top 12 (at a position of moderate need) to justify leaping for him. Does that line up with your talent tiers? For me it does just about perfectly. Myles Garrett is tier 1 all by himself. Tier 2 is Jamal Adams, Solomon Thomas, Leonard Fournette, Reuben Foster, Malik Hooker, and Jonathan Allen. Tier 3 is OJ Howard, Mike Williams, Marshon Lattimore, Corey Davis, and Quincy Wilson. Tier 4 is about 9-13 guys, depending on how I feel at any moment.

So if we're already in tier 4 at pick 20, logic tells us that to pay a significant price (in this case, a 3rd) to move up, we need to get at least into tier 3. Now that we've got a group of players, let's match them up to our needs (obviously if anyone in tier 2 falls, need flies out the window and you just go get a stud). Of the tier 3 guys, I couldn't justify picking a corner in the first, but we could definitely use an offensive weapon. WR isn't ideal, but anything to make the offence more explosive is worth looking at, and with players as good as Williams and Davis, they're worth it for me. And Howard is a given.

So long story short, OJ Howard, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis are the guys with a realistic shot at being available that I'd move up for.
broncofan48

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
Not to get too technical here, but let's think about this analytically. If we're gonna move up, the most obvious asset we'd give up is one of our 3rd's. Trading a 3rd would probably get us into the 15-17 range. Also, you have to consider value tiers. Where are the cutoffs from elite prospects to just very good prospects, very good prospects to good prospects, etc? And finally, consider your needs (you're not moving up for a QB or an edge rusher, unless things get really crazy).

So because it's usually bad value to trade up, you don't want to move from 20 to 16 for the 16th-best player on your board. You're gonna be looking at a guy you've ranked high, but is falling for some reason. Top of my head, it would probably take someone at least in your top 12 (at a position of moderate need) to justify leaping for him. Does that line up with your talent tiers? For me it does just about perfectly. Myles Garrett is tier 1 all by himself. Tier 2 is Jamal Adams, Solomon Thomas, Leonard Fournette, Reuben Foster, Malik Hooker, and Jonathan Allen. Tier 3 is OJ Howard, Mike Williams, Marshon Lattimore, Corey Davis, and Quincy Wilson. Tier 4 is about 9-13 guys, depending on how I feel at any moment.

So if we're already in tier 4 at pick 20, logic tells us that to pay a significant price (in this case, a 3rd) to move up, we need to get at least into tier 3. Now that we've got a group of players, let's match them up to our needs (obviously if anyone in tier 2 falls, need flies out the window and you just go get a stud). Of the tier 3 guys, I couldn't justify picking a corner in the first, but we could definitely use an offensive weapon. WR isn't ideal, but anything to make the offence more explosive is worth looking at, and with players as good as Williams and Davis, they're worth it for me. And Howard is a given.

So long story short, OJ Howard, Mike Williams, and Corey Davis are the guys with a realistic shot at being available that I'd move up for.

I'm still holding out hope that Foster falls either all the way to 20 or at least to a spot Elway can trade up to get him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: