Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raider Watch GM Mock by Baggabonez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Raider Watch GM Mock by Baggabonez Reply with quote

This is hurried but if you want to see the mock in full glory its: HERE

1.24) DB Kevin King
2.56) LB Tyus Bowser
3.88 ) DE Tanoh Kpassagnon
4.129) DT Jarron Jones
5.168) WR Chad Williams
6.208) WR Robert Davis
7.242) CB Sidney Jones
7.244) OT Zach Banner

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate King in the first but I just don't see him being BPA. You're 2/3rd round picks are my favorites. Bowser is a crush of mine and he's insane value in the 2nd.

Absolutely no way Sidney Jones say until the 7th. Zero. 3/4th? Maybe but even that is slightly pushing it. Love Jones in the 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I don't hate King in the first but I just don't see him being BPA. You're 2/3rd round picks are my favorites. Bowser is a crush of mine and he's insane value in the 2nd.

Absolutely no way Sidney Jones say until the 7th. Zero. 3/4th? Maybe but even that is slightly pushing it. Love Jones in the 4th.

Tell that to Ifo Ekpre-Olomu

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Ifo had a severe injury tho

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Oh please. 5'9 CB with an ACL injury AND dislocated knee is not comparable to Sidney Jones. Don't waste our time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King isn't worth #24 but he does fit a need.

There's a chance Bowser even goes before King so he wont be there.

Kpassagnon and Jones will both go around a full round earlier than where you have them.

No way Jones and Banner are there in the 7th.

But if somehow we got this draft, I'd soil myself

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like King as a prospect, but where would he see the field? I don't think he can play the slot, and I'm pretty sure Smith and Amerson are going to man the outside again. It's not like King is a guy who can play the slot as a rookie and eventually start outside.

So he'd be drafted purely as an eventual Smith replacement. Not sure if that's a wise first round pick, and it's not like he's a must-have talent at #24.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
I like King as a prospect, but where would he see the field? I don't think he can play the slot, and I'm pretty sure Smith and Amerson are going to man the outside again. It's not like King is a guy who can play the slot as a rookie and eventually start outside.

So he'd be drafted purely as an eventual Smith replacement. Not sure if that's a wise first round pick, and it's not like he's a must-have talent at #24.

CB is a position where rookies tend to struggle so why would it be a problem if he isn't forced to start from day 1? We all know Sean Smith will have to be replaced soon and it'll have to be done through the draft. When we were picking top 10, it was fair to expect an immediate starter but at #24, it's different.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Oh please. 5'9 CB with an ACL injury AND dislocated knee is not comparable to Sidney Jones. Don't waste our time.

Some people here were absolutely bananas over Ifo, who was once projected as a 1st round pick. Regardless, Achilles is considered a very serious injury whose heal time is more realistically around 18 months. I wouldn't touch any player with a fresh Achilles injury before the last few rounds. But hey, imvho.

Bonez wrote:
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:

Actually, the 3rd CB or S can see the field a ton based on the scheme. Hence, while technically not a starter, King could see the field a ton. Pundits are bonkers about the potential of a kid who can play both CB and FS.

Bonez wrote:
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want a corner in round 1, period. I doubt King would contribute much early on - he's probably not better right now than Amerson or Smith. I also think getting Bowser at the end of round 2 is a pipe dream at this point - Bowser is likely going at the end of round 1 or start of round 2. I'm also not a fan of Kpassagnon as a fit for the Raiders' defense. If we were a 4-3 int he mold of Cincinnati, Minnesota, New York, etc. I'd like it more. I like the fliers on either Williams or Davis late, but only one of the two. Also, you didn't end up with a middle linebacker - Oakland's most glaring need - or a left tackle of the future.

And yeah, Sidney Jones isn't going in the 7th round.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Some people here were absolutely bananas over Ifo, who was once projected as a 1st round pick. Regardless, Achilles is considered a very serious injury whose heal time is more realistically around 18 months. I wouldn't touch any player with a fresh Achilles injury before the last few rounds. But hey, imvho.

James Andrews has already signed off that he could be practicing in September/October. Ifo's knee injury was gruesome, almost on Bridgewater's level. And he never recovered. Players come back for torn achilles injuries every year now. Even multiple achilles tears. There's a huge difference betwen their injuries...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

Not sure where you pulled 18 months from but let's pretend that's true and the case.

18 months recovery and you get a top 20 talent at CB and you think that lasts until the 7th round? No way.

The Ifo camparision was lazy and you know that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Kpassagnon pick in the 3rd.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A DOCTOR signed off on jones being available in september. There's no way any of us are more qualified to say that isn't true.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: