You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How to fix the defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Why is a 4th-5th round NT a better solution than a 4th-5th round UT? Yeah, I like Stevie, but he's as much a work in progress as a UT would be in the same range.
ah. I think stevie is a probowl player. Not a work in progress. A top 5 nt by expiration of rookie contract. A monster ready day 1. He dominates every game, he dominated the senior bowl practices, he was the rose bowl mvp. He just plays nose (unvalued) and is old. ( going to be 26 in 2017)
A premium talent available to help now. You'll see.
Edit: the run on ut's happens first.

Last edited by Purple Faithful on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing for me to see. I'm a USC fan and watch every game.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
Wormley would be my pick to play at the 3t. great explosion numbers for a DT, above average height and arm length. Numbers-wise, he compares pretty favorably to Leonard Williams. I'd rather take that risk than move Linval.
why do you have him falling? Especially with the brantley questions?
If the vikes get a 3 with the first pick, fine! Love it. I just doubt the vikings do that. Then, my scenario may be worth a look-see.

I just don't see the need from other teams in front of the Vikings. With the number of talented DBs, WRs, and RBs in this class, I feel that a talented 3t, whether it's Wormley or McDowell, will be there.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
then maybe you should compare him to a rd 4 or 5 ut. Watch smart from tulane against weak compwtition get turned, blown out, and look pretty quick unblocked or on comboblocks. Ut's that would help go high. Not rd 4 or 5. Rd 1, maybe rd 2. A nose can be had later, if the vikes take a guard at 48.
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
Wormley would be my pick to play at the 3t. great explosion numbers for a DT, above average height and arm length. Numbers-wise, he compares pretty favorably to Leonard Williams. I'd rather take that risk than move Linval.
why do you have him falling? Especially with the brantley questions?
If the vikes get a 3 with the first pick, fine! Love it. I just doubt the vikings do that. Then, my scenario may be worth a look-see.

I just don't see the need from other teams in front of the Vikings. With the number of talented DBs, WRs, and RBs in this class, I feel that a talented 3t, whether it's Wormley or McDowell, will be there.
well, i am good with either player. I just imagine that will not be the pick. List 5 or 10 guys you would want at 48. Other teams are able to say "maybe we can get an rb, wr, or cb rd 3 with how deep the draft is"
There are few premium ut and ol this draft. We may not get a player at either who can help.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Why is a 4th-5th round NT a better solution than a 4th-5th round UT? Yeah, I like Stevie, but he's as much a work in progress as a UT would be in the same range.
ah. I think stevie is a probowl player. Not a work in progress. A top 5 nt by expiration of rookie contract. A monster ready day 1. He dominates every game, he dominated the senior bowl practices, he was the rose bowl mvp. He just plays nose (unvalued) and is old. ( going to be 26 in 2017)

If Stevie weren't a work in progress, he wouldn't be taken in the 4th or 5th round...especially at the DT position. If he were a monster day 1, he'd be taken in the 1st round.

He is clearly a work in progress.

Thx to Lil Uno!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
then maybe you should compare him to a rd 4 or 5 ut. Watch smart from tulane against weak compwtition get turned, blown out, and look pretty quick unblocked or on comboblocks. Ut's that would help go high. Not rd 4 or 5. Rd 1, maybe rd 2. A nose can be had later, if the vikes take a guard at 48.

You pick guys with traits that you can work with, guys who may be undersized or have some character/injury flags. Andre Patterson has shown throughout his career he can develop guys along the line.

Davon Godchaux has a good first step, but short arms - the middle rounds are littered with guys like that. Just have to pick the warts you can work around or coach. Draft what you can't teach.

Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

You pick guys with traits that you can work with, guys who may be undersized or have some character/injury flags. Andre Patterson has shown throughout his career he can develop guys along the line.

Davon Godchaux has a good first step, but short arms - the middle rounds are littered with guys like that. Just have to pick the warts you can work around or coach. Draft what you can't teach.
i think patterson has had premium talent to work with. Floyd was not a mid-rd pick. Jared Allen was traded for, Kevin Williams was not a mid round pick. Vikings have had a ton of talent on the defensive line. Hunter was a rd 1 talent that came out a year early. Griffin had a character issue or he goes rd 1, imo. Pat williams was a free agent from buffalo. Joseph a great player from ny-won a sb. We have not developed a dt under patterson. The next one will be the first one Wink
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patterson hasn't just been a coach here.

Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

If Stevie weren't a work in progress, he wouldn't be taken in the 4th or 5th round...especially at the DT position. If he were a monster day 1, he'd be taken in the 1st round.

I think stevie falls from rd 2-3 (lack of height) to rd 4 because he is 26. Maybe you will get to tell me "told you so" this time? 😁
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Patterson hasn't just been a coach here.
i know. He has been fired from here and elsewhere.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

I think stevie falls from rd 2-3 (lack of height) to rd 4 because he is 26. Maybe you will get to tell me "told you so" this time? 😁

I'd be shocked if he isn't still on the board in round 5. Better chance of him in round 6 than in round 4.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

I'd be shocked if he isn't still on the board in round 5. Better chance of him in round 6 than in round 4.
hope so. My idea is a late round flyer. Be a fit in a 3-4, maybe k.c. awesome you are a gopher wrestler. I'll be calling you sir and trying never to disagree
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

hope so. My idea is a late round flyer. Be a fit in a 3-4, maybe k.c. awesome you are a gopher wrestler. I'll be calling you sir and trying never to disagree

Rolling Eyes
sorry for disagreeing.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

Rolling Eyes
sorry for disagreeing.
Dave Dean taught me chess is the game for me 😂

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: