Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock, 2 Rounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdv1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Final Mock, 2 Rounds Reply with quote

I was going to go three, but ran out of time here. Round 1 has many trades. Round 2 only has one. I believe there will be more, but I sort of ran out of time here. mocking trades is not easy. I must say, I feel good about this, but feel free to hack away at it.

1 Cleveland Browns Miles Garrett Edge Texas A&M
Thereís a lot of discussion that the Browns are considering Trubisky, and that he wonít make it to them at 12 if they donít pull the trigger here. People point out Garrettís inability against the run, but his potential is simply massive as a rusher. I think the cleveland org will go against the norm, be smart, and not reach for a QB. You cannot let last year impact your decisions this year. Maybe Iím giving them too much credit.

2 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas Edge Stanford
Thomasís skill set and personality are a good fit here, the guy is a thoroughbred. I think San Fran will try and trade the pick, but why would anyone move up to 2 when they know the bears, jags, and titans wonít take a qb? Why not trade up to 5 and pass the Jets for a QB? I think Tennessee would be happy to.

3 Chicago Bears Jamal Adams S LSU
An aggressive all around safety, with all the intangibles you could ask for in a guy to lead your defense. Maybe a trade is worked out, but I donít know if I see it.

4 *Trade* Cleveland Browns vis Jacksonville Jaguars Mitchell Trubisky QB UNC
Well, they just canít help themselves. Cleveland jumps the gun, and moves up with Jacksonville to get Mitch. They give up #12, #33, #181 and a conditional 3rd in 2018 that can become a second based on performance. I think Jacksonville is the more likely trade partner, considering the Titans already have a wealth of draft picks.

5 Tennessee Titans Haason Reddick LB Temple
With the world shocked at what just happened ahead of them, Iím not sure what happens here. I think Tennessee will desperately try and trade this pick, But who is anyone moving up to get? Trubisky is gone, and the Jets are being clear that they are trying to trade out. So someone would move up here to get either Fournette or OJ Howard I think. Could the Bills come get Howard? Or do the Saints package their picks for a defender? I just donít see a trade that makes sense. So if they stay put, itís top defensive player on their board. Say Allen is off with injury concerns, then who? This is a guess here, letís see, heís flying up boards right now.

6 New York Jets OJ Howard TE Alabama
Now we wait to see what the Jets will do. Watson is the next best QB available, but I donít think New York will reach here. They need to add pieces to aid their current QBs, someone who will help them be competitive this year while maintaining a rebuilding plan. So, I believe this comes down to Fournette or Howard. They try, like Tennessee for a trade, but who wants to move up at this point? Because TE is more of a need, weíre going Howard. You can not like a TE this high, but heís a top 5 player in this draft IMO.

7 Los Angeles Chargers Malik Hooker S Ohio State
With skill positions fairly well filled, SD has a choice between QB of future and Defense. Itís really interesting, considering they are basically deciding between go for winning now and go for winning in the future. However, I think when you have a talent like Rivers, you have to keep trying to win with him, as you know what you have. Iím penciling in defense with hooker, but wouldnít be shocked to see Lattimore or Allen

8 Carolina Panthers Leonard Fournette RB LSU
I understand the issues in the secondary, and I get that Lattimore is still on the board, but I donít see this front office going secondary this early, with such a deep class. I know RB is deep as well, but think about this: Cam Newton and Leonard fournette running at you in the read option. I know they have been linked to McCaffrey, and who knows, maybe they would take him ahead of fournette, but given this scenario Iíll go with the higher rated player.

9 *Trade* Arizona Cardinals via Cincinnati Bengals Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech
With offensive line clearly a huge need, Cincy moves down to grab more picks. Letís face it, thereís a rebuild looming in Cincy, if it hasnít already started. They acquire # 13, #77, and a 2016 6th round pick. Arizona meanwhile, realizes that Carson Palmer is likely in his last year. Interestingly enough though, they go with the upside of Mahomes rather than the slightly more proven Watson. This is one of my draft shake ups. The move gets them ahead of Buffalo for cheap.

10 Buffalo Bills Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
As good as Watson looks here, and Iím sure he does, I think having the new hole in the secondary and the #1cb on the board available will be enough to sway Buffalo away from taking a QB or a WR, and maybe looking to see if one of these guys falls to round 2. If not, they are comfortable with Tyrod for another two years. Allen may get a look here too, but their DL is so strong already, I canít see it.

11 New Orleans Saints Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
The Saints situation is similar to the Chargers, although their defense is probably worse. They have shown a commitment to defense going forward, but theyíve now lost jimmy graham and brandin cooks in back to back years. They seem to have hit well on Michael Thomas and on Willie Snead, but I think they take a long hard look at John Ross. Iím not picking him, I know the grief Iíll get, but donít be surprised.. Anyway, if you go defense you go BPA here, it has to Allen, regardless of the injury concerns

12 *Trade* Jacksonville Jaguars vis Cleveland Browns David Njoku TE Miami
Surprised? I know Iíll get grief for this. I think Njokuís physical ability makes him go higher than people might expect. I feel like Jacksonville has been trying to fill the TE spot since they spent big money on Julius Thomas, and the Defense doesnít really need anyone here that badly. This gives Bortles the best chance to succeed. With the added picks, they can take a RB later in this deep class.

13 *Trade* Cincinnati Bengals via Arizona Cardinals Reuben Foster LB Alabama
Having moved down and acquired more picks, I wonder, does Cincinnati reach for an Olineman? Iím going to say no, and instead, they opt for maybe the best defensive player in the draft in Foster, who falls into the right situation with character concerns.

14 Philadelphia Eagles Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
I have heard some things about Cookís stock falling, but Iím not sure how accurate they are. He does have some miles on him. Thereís a lot of options here, as top skill people are available. This could be an ideal spot for someone to trade up, but Iím struggling to find something I like. McCaffrey seems to have jumped ahead as the next best skill position player, and his versatility in this scheme could be ideal.

15 Indianapolis Colts Takkarist McKinley, Edge, UCLA
OL would be ideal, but with such a weak class, getting an edge player like McKinley could be too good to pass on here in a division where they need to get after up & coming young QBs to win. I think Barnett is a better overall player, but Tak seems more explosive like he can get after the QB better.

16 *Trade* Seattle Seahawks via Baltimore Ravens Mike Willams WR Clemson
With the Titans possibly snagging Williams at 18 after this fall past philly at 14, talks begin happening. Seattle is a team that could really use Williams to support Russel Wilson, and having an extra third round pick it ends up worth it for them to give up #58 along with 26 to move up past the titans and get him (especially in a weak OL draft). He brings a size/skill combo they lack, and would be a nice compliment to Baldwin and Lockett.

17 Washington Redskins John Ross WR Washington
I could see defense, but Iím not sure anyone fits really well here, maybe Harris off the edge. I think losing Desean Jackson though will weigh heavily in their minds though, and taking Ross gives them that over the top threat that neither Doctson or Pryor are (and maybe more incentive to get Kirk to stay) I know this might be a different pick than most have, weíll see.

18 *Trade* Kansas City Chiefs via Tennessee Titans Jarrad Davis LB Florida
People will think this is for a qb, but actually, with three aging vets at LB, this is to move up and get the speedy and versatile Jarrad Davis. KC Swaps #27 & # 59 for #18 and #100.

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
This pick seems like destiny, after almost every mock out there is predicting it, and you know what, it makes sense. I personally donít get why heís fallen like this, but good pick up in tampa bay.

20 Denver Broncos Forrest Lamp OL W. Kentucky
Denverís biggest need probably lies on the interior OL, where Lamp could compete for the C or RG spots. Heís been a fast riser, and in a weaker OL class I think he gets into the first round. I like Garret Bolles a lot, but ultimately I think Lamp launches ahead of him.

21 Detroit Lions Derek Barnett Edge Tennessee
Thereís holes all over the defense. So here, I think you have to go BPA on defense, and Barnett is that guy in my opinion. The guy really uses his hands and sheds blocks well, should be a nice 3 down player for them.

22 *Trade* New Orleans via Miami Dolphins Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
New Orleans swaps #32 and #76 for #22 and #184. They move past the Giants & Texans to get the high character QB of the future they covet.

23 *Trade* San Francisco 49ers via New York Giants DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame
Itís been talked about heavily that John Lynch is a big Kizer fan. Given the opportunity to leap frog Houston, they give up a lot but get their man, sending NY number #34, #66, & #109. Itís a bold move for a team with many holes, and a nice move by New York to keep retooling with more picks.

24 Oakland Raiders Kevin King CB Washington
Long Rangy corner fits the mold, should help solidify the back end on defense. I know they might prefer to trade, but with the QBs gone I donít see something happening here.

25 *Trade* Los Angeles Rams via Houston Texans Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
Sitting here QB-less, Houston tries to find a trade down partner, and finds one with LA looking to get Davis still left, ahead of Baltimore and Tennessee. In moving down, Houston picks up #37, # 112, and 2018 4th and 5th rounders from LA.

26 *Trade* Baltimore Ravens via Seattle Seahawks TJ Watt Edge Wisconsin
With a lack of depth and an aging Suggs, I think Baltimore needs to focus on improving the pass rush here. Cam Robinson would be a good pick here also and fill a need.

27 *Trade* Tennessee Titans via Kansas City Chiefs Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
Lots of options here, but I think they continue to build the Defense with high picks, snagging Humphrey to help out in the secondary.

28 Dallas Cowboys Daeshon Hall EDGE Texas A&M
A little shocked? Another shake up here. Guys always go higher or earlier than we expect, so to not mock that way is silly. Hall is HOT right now, and could end up coming off the board before Taco, Harris, and Willis.

29 Green Bay Packers Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma
With Mixon sitting right there, I think it might be hard for GB to pass up the opportunity to grab him, even with the character concerns. He would fit their scheme really nicely and make their offense possibly historic if the Oline can hold up.

30 Pittsburgh Steelers Evan Engram TE Mississippi
For now the question of a qb is off the board. I think they need to focus on the front 7 after building up a solid young secondary last year. However, Iím hearing that Engram is being talked about a lot and is likely going to end up in round one. If they are missing something on offense, itís a TE.

31 Atlanta Falcons Jordan Willis EDGE Kansas State
This is a very complete and fast team. One thing they could probably improve upon is the pass rush, and Iíll go with Willis here as the best fit.

32 *Trade* Miami Dolphins via New Orleans Saints Chidobe Awuzie DB Colorado
Donít be surprised if this guy sneaks into round one. Another fast riser, and guy who deserves it too.

Round 2

33 *Trade* Jacksonville Jaguars via Cleveland Browns Garett Bolles OT Utah

34 *Trade* New York Giants via San Francisco 49ers Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt

35 Jacksonville Jaguars Davis Webb QB California

36 Chicago Bears Cam Robinson OL Alabama

37 *Trade* Houston Texans via Los Angeles Rams Adoree Jackson CB USC

38 Los Angeles Chargers Charles Harris EDGE Missouri

39 New York Jets Tradavious White CB LSU

40 *Trade* Dallas Cowboys via Carolina Panthers Jabrill Peppers S Michigan
Dallas gives Carolina # 60, # 92, # 228, and 2018 4th rounder

41 Cincinnati Bengals Juju Smith-Schuster WR USC

42 New Orleans Saints Tim Williams LB Alabama

43 Philadelphia Eagles Justin Evans S Texas A&M

44 Buffalo Bills Curtis Samuel WR Ohio State

45 Arizona Cardinals Malik McDowell DL Michigan State

46 Indianapolis Colts Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin

47 Baltimore Ravens Obi Melifonwu S Connecticut

48 Minnesota Vikings Marcus Williams S Utah

49 Washington Redskins Budda Baker DB Washington

50 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Taco Charlton DE Michigan

51 Denver Broncos Marcus Maye S Florida

52 Cleveland Browns Fabian Moreau CB UCLA

53 Detroit Lions Alvin Kamara RB Tennessee

54 Miami Dolphins Adam Shaheen TE Ashland

55 New York Giants Antonio Garcia OT Troy

56 Oakland Raiders Chris Wormley DT Michigan

57 Houston Texans Josh Dobbs, QB Tennessee

58 *Trade* Baltimore Ravens via Seattle Seahawks Dan Feeney OG Indiana

59 *Trade* Tennessee Titans via Kansas City Chiefs Zay Jones WR E. Carolina

60 *Trade* Carolina Panthers via Dallas Cowboys DeMarcus Walker DE Florida State

61 Green Bay Packers Taylor Morton RG Western Michigan

62 Pittsburgh Steelers Raekwon McMillan LB Ohio State

63 Atlanta Falcons Gerald Everett TE South Alabama

64 Carolina Panthers Quincy Wilson CB Florida
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is brutal for Dallas, but then again I've seen crazier things happen.

Personally, I would take Adoree Jackson at #28 and then DeMarcus Walker at #60 in this scenario, but I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible. The Chiefs might trade up for Foster, but not this high.

Leave them at #27 and give them Humphrey, then Raekwon McMillan in round 2.

Humphrey + McMillan >>> Davis

J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fournette is great but there is absolutely no way we would trade back. Gettleman hasn't done it once in four drafts. And he's traded up in the past three (only had 5 picks in his first draft). He just doesn't value later picks. And we especially wouldn't trade in this particular scenario because Obi Melifonwu, Charles Harris, and Taco Charlton are all available for us to pick and we'd probably be drooling.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not gonna lie i would be very upset about this draft for the Falcons after the 1st 2 rounds. We pass on better players and pass rushers in Taco and Harris for a 2nd round DE in Willis imo. If we want Willis i would trade down to get more picks and take him in the 2nd round.

In the 2nd we take a position thats no where the need of a RG or a FS where we have a guy in Austin Hooper who we drafted last year that is as good if not better than Everett is. I wouldn't be against a TE in the 4th or 5th round if a good one falls to us and bigger needs are hit though. He could provide depth behind Hooper, Toiollo, and Perkins.

Not saying this draft isn't possible it might be but i just wouldn't like it much personally. I would have drafted these 2 players in your draft.

1st - Taco Charleton - DE

2nd - Desmond King - FS

or

1st - Budda Baker - FS

2nd - Derek Rivers - DE/LB
playboi24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst Texans draft I have seen this year. A trade down is fine, but to draft a CB? CB is not a first pick need.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with the Bengals moving down, but would like to think they would get more for it. The pick should be Taco in the 2nd though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

Horrible. The Chiefs might trade up for Foster, but not this high.

Leave them at #27 and give them Humphrey, then Raekwon McMillan in round 2.

Humphrey + McMillan >>> Davis

J

Agree with all of this for KC.

I like a couple of the SF picks, but not the trade up for Kizer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Vikings pick, there are a lot of players I'd consider for the Vikings there, which is fun to see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Rams moving up for Davis.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Ramczyk fan but I'm fine with taking him in the 2nd round.

Takk's fine.
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful, just awful for Dallas. No chance in hell Hall goes in the 1st round and I highly highly doubt he goes in the 2nd.

EL ramster on the sig!
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade back and still getting Foster. Taco should absolutely be the second round pick because 1. we need a DE badly and 2. JuJu doesn't fill a role we need filled at WR.

By the way, I'm not trading back for a 2016 pick.... maybe 2018?
badgers0821

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the Packers going back-to-back offensive pick in rounds 1 & 2 with the issues they have in D...not great.
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one awful Steeler draft.

Props to CalhounLambeau

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: