You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sandwhich's Big Board

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Sandwhich's Big Board Reply with quote

I've done a variation of this the past few years usually accompanied by a Mock Draft. I didn't give myself enough time to really work on a mock this year, and if I was going to do it I was going to do it right. So, just the board.

Some Notes about my rankings:

1) They're geared towards the Jets, although I try very hard to weigh BPA into my rankings.

2) I try to watch a lot of material on players, but I can't deny that many opinions are very influenced/reflective of people that know a hell of a lot more about football than I do. I'm a big Matt Waldman fan, which will probably show up here and there.

3) I did weigh in off the field stuff into my rankings, but also took into account that since I've never talked to these guys or gotten "confirmed" information, I should withhold judgment on certain things. Dalvin Cook and Reuben Foster are great examples, as I feel like interviewing them is really important to gauge level of concern for off the field issues. Mixon, on the other hand, I left off my board.

4) I wanted to go into further breakdowns of these guys, but I didn't. I'll gladly entertain all discussions.

5) I only ranked prospects I had a chance to really watch. I tried to stick to the consensus "big boards" when choosing which players to watch. I probably watched around 80-100 players. Also I didn't check all the spelling of players names here because I'm lazy.

6) Go JETS!

Elites- Players I'd want at 6, essentially.

1. EDGE Myles Garrett
2. S Malik Hooker
3. LB Reuben Foster
4. S Jamal Adams
5. TE OJ Howard
6. RB Leonard Fournette
7. EDGE/DE Solomon Thomas

Prime 1st Round Talents-

8. WR Corey Davis
9. RB Dalvin Cook
10. TE David Njoku
11. DL Jonathan Allen (Not in Elites based on positional value for JETS)
12. CB Marshon Lattimore (Not in elites based on injury history)
13. DL Malik McDowell (Based on off the field issues/positional value)

Other 1st Round Talents-

14. RB Christian McCaffrey
15. CB Gareon Conley
16. EDGE Carl Lawson
17. CB Kevin King
18. OT Garrett Bolles
19. WR Mike Williams
20. EDGE Charles Harris
21. LB Jarrad Davis
22. OT Ryan Ramczyk
23. EDGE Jordan Willis
24. CB Adoree Jackson
25. QB Dashaun Watson

The Rest of the Top 50

26. LB Haason Reddick
27. S Budda Baker
28. CB Quincy Wilson
29. EDGE Derek Barnett
30. WR Chris Godwin
31. EDGE Taco Charlton
32. OG/OT Forrest Lamp- (I think he plays better as a guard, which is why he's lower in my JETS ranking)
33. QB Patrick Mahomes
34. CB Marlon Humphrey
35. CB Fabian Moreau
36. OT Cam Robinson
37. QB Mitch Trubisky
38. CB Sidney Jones
39. EDGE Tyus Bowser
40. EDGE Tim Williams
41. WR Juju Smith-Schuster
42. CB Tre'Davious White
43. QB Deshone Kizer
44. RB Samaje Perine
45. QB Brad Kaaya- (My biggest "reach" but I can't understand why he's not grouped with the rest of these "top" QBs.)
46. EDGE Takkarist Mckinley
47. CB Chidobie Awuzie
48. WR John Ross
49. TJ Watt
50. WR Zay Jones

Some more guys I got around to watching that I liked for Mid-late rounds

S/CB Desmond King- *Personal favorite of mine. People say he's not fast enough for corner but I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed watching him play. Fantastic instincts and knows how to play defense while watching/reacting to the QB. I don't know what position he plays, I just know I would love him as a Jet.

QB Chad Kelly
WR Ardarius Stewart
TE Gerald Everett

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I'd have mine ranked a little differently

Top 12 wrote:
1. EDGE Myles Garrett
------------------------------------
2. S Jamal Adams
3. TE OJ Howard
4. S Malik Hooker
5. EDGE/DE Solomon Thomas
6. RB Leonard Fournette
7. CB Marshon Lattimore
8. LB Reuben Foster
9. WR Mike Williams
10. TE David Njoku
11. EDGE Derek Barnett
12. EDGE Charles Harris

If the Conley stuff wasn't going on, he'd probably be 12th. I know people are worried about Harris and Barnett in terms of their testing scores, but I love there tape and character. They both have qualities that remind me of Brandon Graham/Tamba Hali/Jerry Hughes.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those are both well formulated lists. Hurts me a little to not see Peppers in the top 50 but I understand it given his lack of a true position. I'd argue that he is similar to McCaffrey except he plays defense too. The guy just makes plays. Probably picking with my heart instead of my head but if he's at 39 and we went OJ Howard at 6 then I really hope we take him.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Nice work. I'd have mine ranked a little differently

Top 12 wrote:
1. EDGE Myles Garrett
2. S Jamal Adams
3. TE OJ Howard
4. S Malik Hooker
5. EDGE/DE Solomon Thomas
6. RB Leonard Fournette
7. CB Marshon Lattimore
8. LB Reuben Foster
9. WR Mike Williams
10. TE David Njoku
11. EDGE Derek Barnett
12. EDGE Charles Harris

If the Conley stuff wasn't going on, he'd probably be 12th. I know people are worried about Harris and Barnett in terms of their testing scores, but I love there tape and character. They both have qualities that remind me of Brandon Graham/Tamba Hali/Jerry Hughes.

I like both guys, Harris and Barnett. I have worries about Barnett being able to continue his production in the NFL though. He seems to be a very stiff defender, and I just don't see the potential to be a big time pass rusher that Harris has. Harris isn't a perfect prospect either and Barnett probably has more of an all around game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I think those are both well formulated lists. Hurts me a little to not see Peppers in the top 50 but I understand it given his lack of a true position. I'd argue that he is similar to McCaffrey except he plays defense too. The guy just makes plays. Probably picking with my heart instead of my head but if he's at 39 and we went OJ Howard at 6 then I really hope we take him.

I didn't like leaving Peppers off either. I had him hovering around the late 30s to early 40s for awhile but I realized I was only doing it as a fan boy of some assumed character of the guy, but I have no idea if thats even true. I like the way he plays but he doesn't flash any particular traits that make me think he's going to be a stud at anything in the next level. Hurts to say. Still like the guy and instill think he's a good prospect, but he just feels like more a late Day 2 pick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so hoping that Salami, Pepperoni and Provolone was gonna be #1 based on your name.

I generally agree with your list expect Thomas. I think he should prettt much be in your Johnathan Allen category.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I was so hoping that Salami, Pepperoni and Provolone was gonna be #1 based on your name.

I generally agree with your list expect Thomas. I think he should prettt much be in your Johnathan Allen category.

Because of the position he plays? Do you project him as an interior guy in the Jets line? I think he could be moved around but I seem him with his hand in the dirt rushing the edge. Not a prototypical speed rusher but he could do some damage.

I don't think he's the same skill set or type of player has our other three big lineman even though he's a great interior rusher also, and he'd bring some speed to that front.

I do see what your saying though, does seem kinda ludicrous to leave the top ten with another DE.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Because of the position he plays? Do you project him as an interior guy in the Jets line? I think he could be moved around but I seem him with his hand in the dirt rushing the edge. Not a prototypical speed rusher but he could do some damage.

I don't think he's the same skill set or type of player has our other three big lineman even though he's a great interior rusher also, and he'd bring some speed to that front.

I do see what your saying though, does seem kinda ludicrous to leave the top ten with another DE.
Soloman Thomas looks like Calvin Pace to me, which I like

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't thought of that comp before. I like it. I think Pace is probably Solomon's floor because I really can't see him being a bust, but who knows if he'll live up to the hype. He has a chance to be explosive, but he's definitely good.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Yes I think he's more of an interior guy. Yes he can play on the edge but not at such a high level that he should be the 6th pick in the draft. He actually reminds me a lot of Coples. Which I think we can all relate to how that pick didn't work out. I just don't see the logic in taking at guy so high in the draft and in essence "changing" his position. At Stanford he lined up on the interior and the edge, but I don't think I've ever really seen him drop back in coverages all. Other edge guys have and also never played the interior that can be had later in the draft. For me it's almost no different than drafting Hooker and saying we want you to play CB not FS.
Joe Willie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Myles Garrett is incredibly overrated. This isn't a scorching hot take where I'm saying he sucks or anything, I think he's an excellent player and a surefire first rounder. Consensus best player in the draft however? No way. John Allen is a far superior prospect in my opinion, and I watched a TON of SEC football throughout both players careers. I would take Adams before Garrett as well.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Willie wrote:
I still think Myles Garrett is incredibly overrated. This isn't a scorching hot take where I'm saying he sucks or anything, I think he's an excellent player and a surefire first rounder. Consensus best player in the draft however? No way. John Allen is a far superior prospect in my opinion, and I watched a TON of SEC football throughout both players careers. I would take Adams before Garrett as well.

He's not a better prospect than guys like Clowney or Mario Williams were to me but he still edges out the top spot. Love Allen as well, I don't hate your opinion on that it's not too far fetched.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he projects very similarly to Mario Williams IMO but just worse in basically every available metric and measurable. He's a little slower, a little weaker, etc, etc etc.

I wouldn't have even faulted the Browns for taking Trusbisky is that's who they really wanted. I'm not buying Garrett at all as a guy they couldn't have possibly passed on.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: