You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:
Saw someone mention this on twitter -

Carson Wentz - 612 pass attempts in college. Eagles gave up 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. And they were celebrated for the move.

Mitch Trubisky - 572 pass attempts in college. Bears give up a 1st, 2 3rds, and a 4th.

We paid going rate for the pick and got the QB our GM identified as the best in the draft - not sure what more we should want/expect.

Peter King was in the 9ers war room and said the Bears offer was the only one 9ers considered. Trubisky wasn't on their draft board. Bears played themselves.

Eagles moved from 13 to 2. Bears moved from 3 to 2.

Thats complete crap. The Bears paid - the generally accepted value - to move from 3 to 2 to insure that they got the player they graded as the best QB in the draft and a franchise QB.

Part of Pace's decision was based on the calls he was getting from teams wanting to move to 3 and the logical conclusion if they were rebuffed by the Bears they'd likely be making calls to the 49ers.

This whole damn thing is based off of a Mort report that Mort nearly immediately walked back.

As for Eagles - yes, they moved from 13, thats why they paid so much more - including the future first. The Bears gave up 3 mid round picks - thats hardly the draft haul many on here and the radio are losing their mind over.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Carson Wentz - 612 pass attempts in college. Eagles gave up 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. And they were celebrated for the move.

Mitch Trubisky - 572 pass attempts in college. Bears give up a 1st, 2 3rds, and a 4th.

We paid going rate for the pick and got the QB our GM identified as the best in the draft - not sure what more we should want/expect.

Haters gonna hate. I believe in what Pace is doing.

I really dont anymore. I think it's a clusterf*** now. Especially with how the rest of the draft went.

Bruh quit acting like you know how this is all going to play out. You don't. Nobody does. So quit your whining and just see what happens before judging any more.

Again, I don't know hoe some of you guys allow yourselves to get so beat up by what happens in the draft. No pick is guaranteed, whether it's Myles Garett, Jamal Adams or Solomon Thomas. All you can do is hope that these guys work out. It's totally out of your control. Chill.

Last edited by topwop1 on Mon May 01, 2017 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be told it really doesn't matter what we gave up for Trubisky...Pace has obviously identified him as a potential franchise QB...if he pans out that way no one will care how much we gave up for him...if he pans out to be a franchise QB and the rest of this class are busts still no one will care.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

I really dont anymore. I think it's a clusterf*** now. Especially with how the rest of the draft went.

Bruh quit acting like you know how this is all going to play out. You don't. Nobody does. So quit your whining and just see what happens before judging any more.

Ok, so if the Bears took Davis Webb at 2 would you have this same attitude? I mean I think Tru is getting too much flak and its almost forcing me to take his and Pace's side, but the criticism of it is definitely legitimate as well. This is a football forum, whats the point of even talking about it if we can't discuss what we think will happen.
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Ok, so if the Bears took Davis Webb at 2 would you have this same attitude? I mean I think Tru is getting too much flak and its almost forcing me to take his and Pace's side, but the criticism of it is definitely legitimate as well. This is a football forum, whats the point of even talking about it if we can't discuss what we think will happen.

No I wouldn't because #1 Webb was never talked about as a potential top-5 pick through out this whole process and #2 I really didn't like him as a prospect for this team.

I get that some people didn't like Trubisky either, but it's not as if the pick was out of left field and that he wasn't expected to go that high. That's my point.

Bears needed a QB for the future and they identified Trubisky as that guy. Can't fault them for taking a shot to get their guy.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Bears Wire (from the Adam Schefter interview on Mike & Mike):

Quote:
Appearing on ESPN’s morning radio show Mike and Mike, NFL insider Adam Schefter shed some light on the Bears’ decision to trade the No. 3 pick, a third and fourth-rounder in 2017, and a third-round pick in 2018 to move up to the No. 2 pick for UNC quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

Contrary to the national narrative, the Bears weren’t schooled.

While Chicago was in heavy negotiations with the San Francisco 49ers, they were holding off the Cleveland Browns by negotiating a deal that would allow the Browns to move up to the No. 3 pick; In essence, they duped Cleveland into believing they could move into the Bears’ spot for Trubisky, who by all accounts, the Browns coveted nearly as much as Myles Garrett.

By using such a deceptive tactic, the Bears were able to keep the Browns away from the 49ers pick and insured they’d get their guy.

Schefter confirmed that multiple teams were interested in moving up for the No. 2 pick, too. The narrative that Pace was bidding against himself to move up is simply false, as is the suggestion that coach John Fox wasn’t involved in the evaluation of Trubisky.

topwop1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Quote:
Appearing on ESPN’s morning radio show Mike and Mike, NFL insider Adam Schefter shed some light on the Bears’ decision to trade the No. 3 pick, a third and fourth-rounder in 2017, and a third-round pick in 2018 to move up to the No. 2 pick for UNC quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

While Chicago was in heavy negotiations with the San Francisco 49ers, they were holding off the Cleveland Browns by negotiating a deal that would allow the Browns to move up to the No. 3 pick; In essence, they duped Cleveland into believing they could move into the Bears’ spot for Trubisky, who by all accounts, the Browns coveted nearly as much as Myles Garrett.

By using such a deceptive tactic, the Bears were able to keep the Browns away from the 49ers pick and insured they’d get their guy.

Schefter confirmed that multiple teams were interested in moving up for the No. 2 pick, too. The narrative that Pace was bidding against himself to move up is simply false, as is the suggestion that coach John Fox wasn’t involved in the evaluation of Trubisky.

Now this makes a lot more sense. Seriously don't know where idiots like LaCanfora get their stories from that there's a rift between management and coaching in the Bears room. Sounds like weak attempts to sabotage what they have going.

Anyhow, if true that Pace duped the Browns into thinking they would trade up to #3 and Trubisky turns out to be something then Ryan Pace is a freaking genius.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that are worried:

Tyty

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
For those that are worried:

Lucky to be Seneca Wallace lmao
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys see that Bucky Brooks said that he knows for a fact that Pace was seriously considering McCaffrey?
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Quote:

If there's one thing we learned from Cutler, it's that the national media won't perpetuate anything like this because it doesn't fit into their neat, tidy narrative.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Did you guys see that Bucky Brooks said that he knows for a fact that Pace was seriously considering McCaffrey?

Wouldn't surprise me. Pace basically said he was looking to hit homeruns. If Cleveland took Trubisky at 1 and SF took Garrett at 2 I could see Pace selecting a player he felt was the most dynamic offensive play-maker (McCaffrey) in the draft over a defensive guy (Thomas/Adams).

Not saying I'd agree - but I certainly think an argument could be made.

Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW - Matt Miller is saying on twitter that Cleveland had a deal in place to move up to draft Trubisky if he made it past Chicago. Sounds like maybe Cleveland had a deal in place with Jags/Titans.

bearsfan323

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't keep up with some of these analysts.

Matt Miller says Pace's MT pick was a reach.
Now he says other teams would have traded up.
Today he tweets Emery built a great roster and Pace ruined it. Huh?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
I can't keep up with some of these analysts.

Matt Miller says Pace's MT pick was a reach.
Now he says other teams would have traded up.
Today he tweets Emery built a great roster and Pace ruined it. Huh?
This I have to see. Emery added Kyle Long and Alshon Jeffery, and that's about it.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: