Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Draft Day Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dll2000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Cleveland added some guys. They even took Brantley who is a 2nd round talent.

They should have kept Pryor.

Really loading up though.

I mean the TE is crazy, crazy talented and 20. The no.1 pick has HOF potential. Peppers is a super athlete play maker, maybe without a postition, but still a stud.

They got Caleb in 6th or wherever. They got a decent corner of starter quality. They got a great kicker even.

Oh yeah and a good qb.

What a draft.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-nfl-execs-are-saying-about-the-bears-draft-and-its-not-good/
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Yikes

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-nfl-execs-are-saying-about-the-bears-draft-and-its-not-good/

That entire article is full of crap. Take this excerpt:

Quote:
"We don't know what the hell they were doing," said an executive from one team that is routinely in the postseason. "It's all anyone is talking about. It's really bad between Pace and Fox. Fox is fuming about being left in the dark on the trade (for Trubisky). I don't know anyone who likes their draft. From the first pick on, we can't figure out what they were doing. Go back and look at how many small-school kids they took. People around the league are shocked. It's really bad between Pace and Fox."

Mort (the guy who originally reported Fox wasn't told) has already walked back that report.

Its fine that people didn't like Pace draft - ultimately he'll lose his job if Trubisky doesn't pan out. But this post-draft hysteria is ludicrous.

Everyone wants to suck-off the Chiefs and the Texans for their moves up - but they gave up future first round picks! The Bears give up some mid-rounders and people lose their minds. The Teans don't have a first or a second round pick in next years draft because of their crapy QB decisions - but they're getting celebrated?

I wasn't even a Trubisky fan - but I'm excited that the Bears identified the best QB in the draft and went up and made sure they got him.

Screw all the haters. You be you Pace.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

I wasn't even a Trubisky fan - but I'm excited that the Bears identified the best QB in the draft and went up and made sure they got him.

I'll drink to that.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Tyty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

I'll drink to that.

We'll all be drinking soon enough
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Yikes

Quote:
"We don't know what the hell they were doing," said an executive from one team that is routinely in the postseason. "It's all anyone is talking about. It's really bad between Pace and Fox. Fox is fuming about being left in the dark on the trade (for Trubisky). I don't know anyone who likes their draft. From the first pick on, we can't figure out what they were doing. Go back and look at how many small-school kids they took. People around the league are shocked. It's really bad between Pace and Fox."

Mort (the guy who originally reported Fox wasn't told) has already walked back that report.

Its fine that people didn't like Pace draft - ultimately he'll lose his job if Trubisky doesn't pan out. But this post-draft hysteria is ludicrous.

Everyone wants to suck-off the Chiefs and the Texans for their moves up - but they gave up future first round picks! The Bears give up some mid-rounders and people lose their minds. The Teans don't have a first or a second round pick in next years draft because of their crapy QB decisions - but they're getting celebrated?

I read the entire article without much trust as La Canfora is consistently incorrect but he really established himself as a complete moron when he mentioned Pat Fitzgerald as an option to replace Fox
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
bearsfan323 wrote:
Yikes

Quote:

This is slightly different from what was originally reported...Mort first said Fox was in the dark over the pick...this is now saying he was in the dark over the trade...there is a bit of smoke here...either way this is Pace's show now.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Yikes

Like how a consultant was coming in to shake up the front office?

I don't believe any of these stories anymore. Even guys like Schefter and Rap have reported total BS as of late.

I'll make up my own mind based on what I see.
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as though some of these stories are fabricated on purpose in an attempt to derail both the management and coaching staffs. A lot of Bears haters out there these days, especially that googly eyed twerp Lacanfora, who somehow still has a job with such a poor track record and crappy journalism.

People can think what they want. Like it or not none of that matters right now. No one has a crystal ball and can definitively say what is going to come out of this class or any other class for that matter. All that can be said is that there is lots of potential within this Bears class and and all we can do is hope that it works out.

Don't understand why people beat themselves up so much over this stuff. Brick wall
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw someone mention this on twitter -

Carson Wentz - 612 pass attempts in college. Eagles gave up 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. And they were celebrated for the move.

Mitch Trubisky - 572 pass attempts in college. Bears give up a 1st, 2 3rds, and a 4th.

We paid going rate for the pick and got the QB our GM identified as the best in the draft - not sure what more we should want/expect.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
topwop1

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Carson Wentz - 612 pass attempts in college. Eagles gave up 2 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th. And they were celebrated for the move.

Mitch Trubisky - 572 pass attempts in college. Bears give up a 1st, 2 3rds, and a 4th.

We paid going rate for the pick and got the QB our GM identified as the best in the draft - not sure what more we should want/expect.

Haters gonna hate. I believe in what Pace is doing.
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Peter King was in the 9ers war room and said the Bears offer was the only one 9ers considered. Trubisky wasn't on their draft board. Bears played themselves.

Eagles moved from 13 to 2. Bears moved from 3 to 2.
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Mudderfudder77 wrote:

Haters gonna hate. I believe in what Pace is doing.

I really dont anymore. I think it's a clusterf*** now. Especially with how the rest of the draft went.
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I'm being obnoxious. Just starting to feed into all the rumors
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:

What immediately set off red flags for people is the fact that they moved up one whole spot. I think that put a first impression on the move by everyone as if they were panicking which has made the perception of the pickup to be rushed and poorly thought out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: