You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 New Orleans Saints Draft Talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
4.6 speed apparently. LEts get some.

Watch Hendrickson's combine performance... IMPRESSIVE!!!

Gonna be honest guys, I wanted more front 7 picks, but this was a VERY good draft for us. Positions of need, although a lot of unexpected positions. Think this was well done. We'll see how these guys turn out.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Raves

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
4.6 speed apparently. LEts get some.

Watch Hendrickson's combine performance... IMPRESSIVE!!!

Gonna be honest guys, I wanted more front 7 picks, but this was a VERY good draft for us. Positions of need, although a lot of unexpected positions. Think this was well done. We'll see how these guys turn out.

Agreed, but gotta admit the most I think about the more I like the Ramczyk pick. Wisconsin sends quality OTs to the NFL year after year and we are getting the latest in a long line of them. This will making our run blocking much better for Peterson/Ingram/Kamatra which will help make Brees' job easier both in allowing a stronger running game, but keeping him upright to throw to Thomas/Snead/Ginn/Coleman.

I think this could possibly be the best OL we've had under Payton if everyone stays healthy.

Granted defensively there are still some needs but I think they've done enough to get us within the top 20 if everyone is healthy, if that happens we're making the playoffs with ease.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN Stats and Information

Few defenders in recent memory have been as productive as Trey Hendrickson, who racked up 28 sacks and 39.5 tackles for loss in three seasons as a starter at Florida Atlantic.

I'm sold.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope with our 6th we take Zamora, Cannon, or Westbrook at WR if any of them are on the board still.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Kamara is going to be so good with us. Puzzling trade up tbh but great pick and clear BPA. I don't know a thing about the LB.
trading up for a guy kinda defeats the BPA idea. Was a good value none the less.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I'm pretty good with this draft.

Lattimore, Ramcyzk and Williams should all contribute day 1. Lattimore and Williams should really help with coverage in the secondary, especially in 3rd and long situations.

Kamara, Ansalzone (sp?) and Hendrickson are more projects, but should be able to chip in certain packages.

3 probable starters and 3 guys who should help in certain situations. Can't be upset with that sort of draft.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Porter22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A- for me! The first and second round went great for us, we got 3 players who will see significant playing time or at least become a starter in the near future. Kamara will see some touches and be our receiving back to complement Ingram and AD. If he stays healthy, I would project Anzalone to be our starter at SLB by week 6, he has all the potential you need and this could be the biggest steal of our draft.
Hendrickson is a project as some said before, but a really nice pick for us. There were a few DEs who would come in and be our starter, but all of them were gone by pick #32. With Hendrickson we get a talented, but still a bit raw prospect, who will at least help our pass rush on third down.

With our last pick we really need a wide reiceiver. Don't now if I missed something, but right now we only have, Snead, Thomas and Ginn who played some time in the NFL. Any veterans still available?
Soccer: Werder Bremen
NS922

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday really had me confused for a while but I'm starting to open up to it. I don't think we needed to draft 2 linebackers, but they're both nice prospects. The Kamara pick was really unexpected but it does make sense, Peterson is basically a rental before he retires, and our run game needs more than just Ingram. This was a deep RB class so I am glad we were able to get in on that too. Kamara has the potential to be really good and even if he's not he'll still be serviceable. This draft has been a nice combination of looking towards the future while also giving some immediate improvement. I think the guys we picked yesterday have pretty high floors, maybe not as high of ceilings. So I guess today we find another diamond in the rough receiver for Sean to easily plug into the offense?
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porter22 wrote:
With our last pick we really need a wide reiceiver. Don't now if I missed something, but right now we only have, Snead, Thomas and Ginn who played some time in the NFL. Any veterans still available?
I'd love a project receiver, but TBH I have complete and utter trust in Brees and Payton to find people off the street if need be.

They're pretty consistent in finding contributors at WR.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
TBH I have complete and utter trust in Brees and Payton to find people off the street if need be.

Should I order a domepatrol91 jersey now or....

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Porter22 wrote:
I'd love a project receiver, but TBH I have complete and utter trust in Brees and Payton to find people off the street if need be.

They're pretty consistent in finding contributors at WR.

Yea, WR is one position I'm not at all worried about. Willie Snead was an undrafted free agent who got cut by the Browns. The freakin Browns didn't want him. The Giants didn't want him, Carolina didn't want him. Comes to New Orleans and finds immediate success.

What we really need to be a truly scary offense, is a receiving back, which we got, a tight end who won't drop passes, which we don't got, and a solid o-line which we may have just got. If Kamara works out and Fleener improves, this could be our best offense since 2011. We've never had great receivers, even back then. Just a handful of solid guys and the pro bowl caliber Colston. What we did back then better than we do now, is actually block guys, and run the ball with multiple dual threat backs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
TBH I have complete and utter trust in Brees and Payton to find people off the street if need be.

should've ordered it last week tbh
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

should've ordered it last week tbh

So... does Anthony get moved for a 5th rounder today?

WHODAT91FOREVER
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR is THE LEAST important position in football. Having a good QB highly elevates all of your WRs. It's easy to find more good ones. It' hard to find elite #1 WRs but you don't need one, and we never had.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
HATCHBOY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
I mean he has football IQ for what it's worth. Also the Pats had him relevtivly close on their board in the 3rd.

That's kind of what I was thinking with him but hadn't posted yet. Anzalone seems like one of those guys that doesn't make your defense flashy with sacks, interceptions, or fumbles, but he's more of that glue guy that gets out there and does the dirty work of cleaning up any runners that get past the DL or escape the first defender, unless it's him of course then they're going down. Might be a 140+ tackler that is just all over the field.

...How is the guy not Michael Mauti at best... ??? I hate this pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: