You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 New Orleans Saints Draft Talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 19392
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the Saints get Carl Lawson at #103 I would consider the Cooks trade even. We move a player that, although very talented, was a position we churn out like no other team and had issues with how we spread the ball around, not to mention would be commanding a huge contract soon. For him we get what looks to be a franchise RT to keep our best player healthy and with Lawson what would be a great situational pass rusher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamara is going to be so good with us. Puzzling trade up tbh but great pick and clear BPA. I don't know a thing about the LB.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG5 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I can't help but think that the addition of Alex Oakfor was bigger to the team than it was to the fan base...


It seems that way. Hopefully they're right and we are wrong. I thought DE would have been one of our top two needs in this draft.


Carl Lawson at 103 would be very good value... injury concerns sure but that hasn't stoped us yet this draft!
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Saint-Anger_13


Joined: 03 Mar 2012
Posts: 498
Location: Fairfax, IA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
I mean he has football IQ for what it's worth. Also the Pats had him relevtivly close on their board in the 3rd.


Trying to think of a edge rusher worth taking at 103... carl Lawson of Auburn maybe? Trey Hendrickson?

I love sticking to the board but a lack of edge rush will be a major flaw in this team next year!


Lawson would be a great pick though health concerns are there, if healthy he would be huge getting after the QB.


We just took a LB with health issues..


So? This is a guy with 1st round talent but 3rd round health. Let's take him and see what we can get out of him. I mean is there really a better pass rusher left in the draft based on pure ability?


No, but we need more depth at the DE position.


A player with injury concerns is depth. He's not going to be able to stand up against the run in the NFL like he could in college to start, which Okafor can do, so we bring him in on obvious passing situations and get more pressure without wearing him out.


Exactly! Raves, you so smart.
Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I know who we are taking but I'm gonna be quiet this time Laughing
_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 19392
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Raves wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
I mean he has football IQ for what it's worth. Also the Pats had him relevtivly close on their board in the 3rd.


Trying to think of a edge rusher worth taking at 103... carl Lawson of Auburn maybe? Trey Hendrickson?

I love sticking to the board but a lack of edge rush will be a major flaw in this team next year!


Lawson would be a great pick though health concerns are there, if healthy he would be huge getting after the QB.


We just took a LB with health issues..


So? This is a guy with 1st round talent but 3rd round health. Let's take him and see what we can get out of him. I mean is there really a better pass rusher left in the draft based on pure ability?


No, but we need more depth at the DE position.


A player with injury concerns is depth. He's not going to be able to stand up against the run in the NFL like he could in college to start, which Okafor can do, so we bring him in on obvious passing situations and get more pressure without wearing him out.


Exactly! Raves, you so smart.
Laughing Laughing


Thank you, thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Canadian Saint


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 3425
Location: Canada!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, we actually drafted a pass rusher.

What's the consensus on him guys?
_________________



NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG5


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Raves, I figured you were talking about the LB, not Lawson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Holy crap, we actually drafted a pass rusher.

What's the consensus on him guys?


He was a sleeper of mine... killed it at the east west shrine game, potential to be a Jared Allen type player. Much better athleticism than you'd think.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JMG5


Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Holy crap, we actually drafted a pass rusher.

What's the consensus on him guys?


I would have liked Lawson more, but I'm happy that they finally addressed the position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 19392
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me. No health concerns and better size so more likely to be able to make an impact. Can't be upset with this draft at all. Gotta love how this played out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tyler735


Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 2568
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know too much about our last 2 picks, but I guess they were at least at positions of need, and appear to be pretty athletic just looking at their combine numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Don't know too much about our last 2 picks, but I guess they were at least at positions of need, and appear to be pretty athletic just looking at their combine numbers.


Trey Hendrickson = Rob Nicovich
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.6 speed apparently. LEts get some.
_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
4.6 speed apparently. LEts get some.


Watch Hendrickson's combine performance... IMPRESSIVE!!!
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group