You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 New Orleans Saints Draft Talk:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Looks like Alex Anzalone coming up at 76

Anzalone is a very good player... injuries scare me but if healthy he's very good, great in coverage.

103 has to be a pass rusher right???
He just isn't a playmaker. Seems like a guy that will play a rotational role. Won't be noticed, good OR bad.

He's hurt a lot and he gets knocked down a lot. Neither of those things can be fixed, certainly not by our staff.

This feels like one of those picks who won't contribute (due to injuries)very much and will be cut after this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.

They could've went so many directions with this pick and taken a risk on much better players.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG5 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:
Looks like Alex Anzalone coming up at 76

Anzalone is a very good player... injuries scare me but if healthy he's very good, great in coverage.

103 has to be a pass rusher right???
He just isn't a playmaker. Seems like a guy that will play a rotational role. Won't be noticed, good OR bad.

He's hurt a lot and he gets knocked down a lot. Neither of those things can be fixed, certainly not by our staff.

This feels like one of those picks who won't contribute (due to injuries)very much and will be cut after this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.

They could've went so many directions with this pick and taken a risk on much better players.
Or they'll take the Anthony route and not play him, but for no reason in particular.

So puzzling, the Anthony situation.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 3 safety sets next season with Vaccaro, Bell and Williams is going to ridiculous. Add in Lattimore and Breaux at CB and we might have something resembling lockdown coverage.

Or maybe I'm drinking the koolaid. Laughing

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean he has football IQ for what it's worth. Also the Pats had him relevtivly close on their board in the 3rd.
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Our 3 safety sets next season with Vaccaro, Bell and Williams is going to ridiculous. Add in Lattimore and Breaux at CB and we might have something resembling lockdown coverage.

Or maybe I'm drinking the koolaid. Laughing

We still don't rush the passer very well...
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
I mean he has football IQ for what it's worth. Also the Pats had him relevtivly close on their board in the 3rd.

That's kind of what I was thinking with him but hadn't posted yet. Anzalone seems like one of those guys that doesn't make your defense flashy with sacks, interceptions, or fumbles, but he's more of that glue guy that gets out there and does the dirty work of cleaning up any runners that get past the DL or escape the first defender, unless it's him of course then they're going down. Might be a 140+ tackler that is just all over the field.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

Trying to think of a edge rusher worth taking at 103... carl Lawson of Auburn maybe? Trey Hendrickson?

I love sticking to the board but a lack of edge rush will be a major flaw in this team next year!

WHODAT91FOREVER
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

Trying to think of a edge rusher worth taking at 103... carl Lawson of Auburn maybe? Trey Hendrickson?

I love sticking to the board but a lack of edge rush will be a major flaw in this team next year!

Completely agree. We made progress, but we didn't improve our pass rush enough.. yet.
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

Lawson would be a great pick though health concerns are there, if healthy he would be huge getting after the QB.
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

Lawson would be a great pick though health concerns are there, if healthy he would be huge getting after the QB.

We just took a LB with health issues..
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

So? This is a guy with 1st round talent but 3rd round health. Let's take him and see what we can get out of him. I mean is there really a better pass rusher left in the draft based on pure ability?
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

So? This is a guy with 1st round talent but 3rd round health. Let's take him and see what we can get out of him. I mean is there really a better pass rusher left in the draft based on pure ability?

No, but we need more depth at the DE position.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but think that the addition of Alex Oakfor was bigger to the team than it was to the fan base...

WHODAT91FOREVER
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Raves wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:

No, but we need more depth at the DE position.

A player with injury concerns is depth. He's not going to be able to stand up against the run in the NFL like he could in college to start, which Okafor can do, so we bring him in on obvious passing situations and get more pressure without wearing him out.
JMG5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I can't help but think that the addition of Alex Oakfor was bigger to the team than it was to the fan base...

It seems that way. Hopefully they're right and we are wrong. I thought DE would have been one of our top two needs in this draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to: